Killing a tamed Golem

Charlie12345

Killing a tamed Golem

The alpha tribe on my old server who moved me off the server have a golem.

I am keen to take it out.  I tried taking it out this morning with a sword but hit it for ages and it didnt do a lot.   If you lead golems into the water and they then form rocks, will that drown them?  Also, any other good ways of taking out tamed golems?

If you do 1 dmg per hit with a Raptor (not sure how much an ascendant saddle can reduce damage to, minimum 1?), you can have that Golem killed in 5 hrs (around 30,000 attacks) provided you keep the Raptor focused on that Golem alone.

If it's on Passive, all it takes is time.

Wouldn't recommend primitive weapons against it unless you can grind/repair right on the spot. Don't know how much downtime that tribe has either.

Best way i know i to fly with a quetz if you have one and put 2 to 3 cannon on it then start shooting at the golem but if it's a 150 perfect tamed golem and he put 40 point or so into health with a 100 armor saddle i say just grab the person with a flyer and put em somewhere safe and far then let the golem be they are slow as hell and you can begin raiding wihout worrying about a golem that can't be killed unless you spend tons of launcher and cannon ball. But if the golem is to close to their base that might be a problem but since you said water i'm assuming that you're on center/island map and not SE so a mosa can help if you have one otherwise it will be like what heart say launcher all the way till they die.

6 minutes ago, drasil said:

sorry mate i have been testing in singleplayer for a while on golems best way to get rid of it is a tek rifle as i was able to kill a level 150 golem with a standard tekrifle fairly quick (30 seconds) but after that the best method is patience and you weapon of choice 

can you knock it out with a rifle xD? Also yeah giga or kite into the scar. Or kite a bunch of wyverns to it. They'll most likely breath on it and get killed but if the one your trying to kill is low enough lvl the whole scar will be effective :P

sadly no tek rifle only kills but i have not done any extensive testing so it could be possible as for the giga could not really test it it constantly killed me after i spawned them as for the scar luring them to fall in the scar is a gaurantee way of getting rid of them as their is no method for land creatures to walk out of the scar without a flyer so luring one into it means it cant get out even if the wyverns dont kill it

2 minutes ago, drasil said:

sadly no tek rifle only kills but i have not done any extensive testing so it could be possible as for the giga could not really test it it constantly killed me after i spawned them as for the scar luring them to fall in the scar is a gaurantee way of getting rid of them as their is no method for land creatures to walk out of the scar without a flyer so luring one into it means it cant get out even if the wyverns dont kill it

I used to lure the islands golems into the scar so I didn't have to waste rockets for respawns ;p not sure what you mean, type in god and the giga won't harm you. Besides that a raised giga could easily take down even a 150 battle golem who has a 100 armor asc saddle.

3 hours ago, Charlie12345 said:

On the dododex app it says that a 150 golem requires 56 rockets just to knock it out.  Do they lose a lot of health when tamed which is why only 10 will kill a tammed 250 level?

Because a wild golem starts with 25000 hp and a tamed one with 3000 i believe? To knock a golem out you have to shoot it on the head, which reduces the damage taken by a hella lot. If you shoot rockets on its body it will die in no-time

Archived