Mods, Admins, Private messaging

Zederia

• Volunteer Moderator
27 minutes ago, Zederia said:

Mods, Admins, Private messaging

Why is it ALL of the staff is impossible to be talked to privately? Can get a hold of literally none of them..

Is this an intentional step to ignore the entire userbase? If it is that's a pretty low freakin move, especially when the need for explanation comes

If you require forum support you can submit a support ticket, select Forums and Forum Accounts and it will get looked at. https://support.survivetheark.com/

PM is disabled because the Support option should be the consistent approach for forum members to raise forum issues. You also probably have no idea the type of abuse PM inboxes receive just because we are doing our jobs as Moderators.

So don't see it as ignoring, because there is a path for you to make contact, see it more as preventing abuse directed at those moderating the forums.

yes, with the weeks worth of needing to wait for answers..

You also probably have no idea the type of abuse PM inboxes receive just because we are doing our jobs as Moderators.

And having been a mod myself. I know full well. I never closed my box to anyone, just removed and ignored the harassment for doing my own job

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

I left my inbox open for 4 days while we were at GDC. I logged in to find over 600 PMs, around 90% of which were asking questions that have been answered time and time again here on the forums and on social media.

Our mods also don't work in our support department, so sending them 100's of PMs asking them to fix issues, or report outages or cheaters is just a waste of your time.

1 minute ago, Casanova said:

Our mods also don't work in our support department, so sending them 100's of PMs asking them to fix issues, or report outages or cheaters is just a waste of everyone's time.

but they do moderate the forums, and when something is missing from the forums, one of them most likely removed it. and if you want to know why? the support department would be 0 help in that case, no?

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Zederia said:

but they do moderate the forums, and when something is missing from the forums, one of them most likely removed it. and if you want to know why? the support department would be 0 help in that case, no?

No, that's not true. We have a section in our support website that you can select for the forums and that section is manned by myself and @lilpanda so it will come directly to us to deal with.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/21/2017 at 1:23 PM, Casanova said:

No, that's not true. We have a section in our support website that you can select for the forums and that section is manned by myself and @lilpanda so it will come directly to us to deal with.

and then get promptly deleted with no response. yes, that so gets anything done..

If you want tech support go to the relevant sections. In there is a QnA over all the most frequent problems, and if all those fail you can submit a support ticket. I'm not gonna sugarcoat it, support took me weeks to get through to a real person, but if even that doesn't work go play Arma or something. 

Forums mods are forum mods. They should only be contacted if you have a warning point or offense to dispute. And there is no reason to PM an admin. 

7 hours ago, MrDynamicMan said:

Forums mods are forum mods. They should only be contacted if you have a warning point or offense to dispute. And there is no reason to PM an admin. 

It was this exact reason I put in a ticket, as @Casanova said. and yes, I do have a dispute, but my ticket was deleted, without response. And since I know exactly who monitors that section of tickets...

• GP locked this topic

Archived