When will the "Play Anywhere" update finally hit?

quan527

When will the "Play Anywhere" update finally hit?

Ive been playing ark since it first hit preview on xbox. I love the game. I play official PVE becuase people be on some dumb poop. But even on PVE you gotta worry bout dumb people now. People using wild dinos to kill others dinos for no reason. Theres literally ppl on my server that just fly around the map ALL day looking for someones stuff to mess with. Ever since I heard about the play anywhere program i have been hype for it. I thought for sure we were getting it with the last "Super- Secret feautre" but NOT. Im tired of playing official but i wanna play ark, and playing dedicated on xbox is jus tooooo laggy. Also the servers be wayy to boosted wheres there no challenge or want to tame high level dinos cuz u can turn a lvl5 rex into a killing machine! Just want to get some kind of update on it thats all. Thanks for the game.

38 minutes ago, Carage said:

You console gamers crack us PC gamers up. Welcome to serious gaming where rewards don't come easy! :P

This.  However, it would be nice if they can update the game.  On PC I dont have much to do, but on console I have loads to do with my friend, who refuses to just buy a PC.  Im hoping for their cross-platform play between windows and xbox, since those who purchase on xbox get a free PC version as well.  Console is laggy as raptor.

4 hours ago, Normie said:

This.  However, it would be nice if they can update the game.  On PC I dont have much to do, but on console I have loads to do with my friend, who refuses to just buy a PC.  Im hoping for their cross-platform play between windows and xbox, since those who purchase on xbox get a free PC version as well.  Console is laggy as raptor.

You still need PC from NASA to run this game with acceptable framerate. Or spend 2000 euros on your PC. When I found out how low the framrate is on XBOX One and with what resolution I couldn't believe Microsoft allowed to sell that, same thing applies to PS4, when at launch you could admire the game in 22 fps...

20 hours ago, Lewiatan said:

You still need PC from NASA to run this game with acceptable framerate. Or spend 2000 euros on your PC. When I found out how low the framrate is on XBOX One and with what resolution I couldn't believe Microsoft allowed to sell that, same thing applies to PS4, when at launch you could admire the game in 22 fps...

My computer can run the game fine.

(i7-4790k @ 4ghz, 16gb of ddr3 ram, GTX 1060 with 6gb ddr5.)

Though idk why the frick im playing on console..anywho, I am hearing that there will be a stability patch coming this next week for PC, and a week after for console.

The best of the best Console games will never be able to compete with terrible Pc gamers if they ever actually release a play anywhere mode. It was proven back in the day with the release of original halo  and it couldn't be anymore true currently. While I think it will be cool to play with other people on consoles it will never be fair and console gamers will cry from butthurt

10 hours ago, spacejam said:

The best of the best Console games will never be able to compete with terrible Pc gamers if they ever actually release a play anywhere mode. It was proven back in the day with the release of original halo  and it couldn't be anymore true currently. While I think it will be cool to play with other people on consoles it will never be fair and console gamers will cry from butthurt

There'll be a few of us that can compete. My VenomX / G13 combo gives me very PC like controls. It probably won't look as pretty but I'm confident graphics lag issues will be sorted out eventually.

On ‎11‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 8:06 PM, Normie said:

My computer can run the game fine.

(i7-4790k @ 4ghz, 16gb of ddr3 ram, GTX 1060 with 6gb ddr5.)

Though idk why the frick im playing on console..anywho, I am hearing that there will be a stability patch coming this next week for PC, and a week after for console.

Do you reckon the i7-4790 with 12gb DDR3 and the Radeon 4gb 480 would make a dent? Picked up my mates old rig and might consider if it can run it ok, and this cross over play comes into it.

On 11/3/2017 at 0:36 AM, Lewiatan said:

I can play just fine with a 6700HQ and gtx 1060, while a friend of mine even plays it on a 2500K with an old radeon 6600.

• 2 weeks later...

I hate when people say something stupid. Like

On 3/10/2017 at 1:22 PM, Carage said:

You console gamers crack us PC gamers up. Welcome to serious gaming where rewards don't come easy! :P

I bet you play on a player dedicated server on PC, where you probably have Mods and everything is "EASY" lol. And now with the way ark is EVERYTHING is "Easy". Now its all about having the time to do things (like breeding for example on officials takes LOADS of time for console players) PC gamers dont play on officials but console players have too if you want to play with more than like 10 people before its gets crazy lagg. Also gaming computers are more on the expensive side of things ecspecially if your only gonna use it for ARK so its not something you can just go out and do when you have other responibilites like kids. Also they are trying to bring Mods to console and I dont see why it wont be possible if you can host from your PC(where they already have mods) just create the server from PC with mods and join from and console.

Archived