Therizinosaurus...why are you such an a-hole??

Therizinosaurus...why are you such an a-hole??

I hate these damn things. Out of all dinos, I fear these the most. They appear out of no where like ninjas and they're always around at the WORST TIMES. Like when you fly to an island to harvest some metal or pick up a drop. They run up, kill you in like 2 hits and then you've gotta get back to where you bird is if its still alive. THE. WORST. And they're so damn ugly and menacing looking. Like if Big Bird grew up in a bad neighborhood.

My ark life would be SO much better without them. Give me a T-Rex or Giga any day......

therizinosaurus.png

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Archer5188 said:

Not really sure how they sneak up on you. You should be checking your surroundings, always! :) These ugly things tend to ignore you unless you get too close to them. Herbivores, but territorial. Kinda like bears.

It was near my base lol I didn't do anything to provoke it. Damn thing just wanted to be an asshole

18 hours ago, MisbegottenAngel said:

I'll take a theriz over a thieving little pegomastax any day! GPS snatching little pricks....always at the worst time.

I hate those too. I've seen videos where they're sort of auto-tamed when they attack certain players. Not sure how it works but it would help so much. Especially at night when you cant see them.

On 3/6/2017 at 9:51 PM, TechieCrow said:

I can soooooooooo relate, damn things are like chicken ninjas, lucjly they get stuck on pretty much everything so running though a fairly dense forest helps.

The rats always steal from your 0 slot first, and then the inventory. So keep something insignificant in the 0 slot. Save your gps :)

On 07/03/2017 at 11:01 PM, MisbegottenAngel said:

I'll take a theriz over a thieving little pegomastax any day! GPS snatching little pricks....always at the worst time.

14 minutes ago, Archer5188 said:

The rats always steal from your 0 slot first, and then the inventory. So keep something insignificant in the 0 slot. Save your gps :)

Think you was meant to quote @MisbegottenAngel? :)

On 8.3.2017 at 6:54 PM, CapshunTheCoolest said:

I hate those too. I've seen videos where they're sort of auto-tamed when they attack certain players. Not sure how it works but it would help so much. Especially at night when you cant see them.

Put mejoberries in your last slot. When they stole enough of them, they get tamed. ;)

On 10/3/2017 at 7:39 AM, Swatze said:

I noticed new people on my server grabbing a wild pack of these then raiding bases or others when they are out of their bases. WC needs to give these things a natural predator to cut down on the numbers.

Indeed. I was out the other day and one lvl 60 therizino destroyed a lvl 20 spino. That's a bit too much unrealistic imo.

Anybody else get knocked off a mount by one? I've had it happen twice, only while riding my wyvern, I've fought them on baryonyx, therizinos, all sorts of other small-mid sized tames, but it's only ever knocked me off my wyvern. Yesterday I landed and was shooting lightning at two, suddenly got knocked off and died to my lightning

17 hours ago, Harrist14 said:

Anybody else get knocked off a mount by one? I've had it happen twice, only while riding my wyvern, I've fought them on baryonyx, therizinos, all sorts of other small-mid sized tames, but it's only ever knocked me off my wyvern. Yesterday I landed and was shooting lightning at two, suddenly got knocked off and died to my lightning

This right here, I have been knocked out by them so many times on my wyvern from these therinzinos. I don't know if this is intentional or a bug they have yet to fix. I only seem to knocked on my wyvern.

On 14/3/2017 at 3:16 PM, Teddansen said:

The troodon is my arch nemesis. Those little buttholes drive me nuts! They never kill you just keep you knocked out for years on end. I HATE EM

ohh this little fuk...., the other day one got me while wearing my best armor and had full inventory of metal, and in a pvp server...took him 30 real time minutes to kill me. my nerves went crazy just thinking that someone could come around and steel my stuff. Gladly i could came back and recover evrything, had to bola de troodon and run like hell....keep always a bola in your inventory, really usefull for avoiding this guys and some other

I feel for you. Lost my first Rex to a triple ugly chicken attack. I had no chance and either did my Rex. Then I got a level 204 Rex and I was triple ambushed again. This time I ran when my Rex's health hit the halfway point, which was 4800 health, when the Rex's stamina pooped out, I turned to make my last stand. Luckily I won. My Rex had 350 health left, my heart was pumping and then it took 10 minutes to get the Rex's health back to max. I now have a 279 Rex. I don't worry as much, but I give these Evel Dodo's the respect they deserve, although I kill every one that I see. My spot on the Island seems to be full of them. Make a few your friend, and it will change what you think of them :)

Archived