It is absurd to take more than 18 hours to breed a dino born in captivity

anholeti

Pfft 18 hours, takes 18 YEARS for a baby human to reach maturity (at least physically, mentally could take decades more <.<).

Jokes aside, once they are juvi and you have a full trough for them to eat from shouldnt be a issue unless your gone for like a day and the food rots. That being said, they definately need to change the food intake rate back to what it was on vday as a permanent change, and tweak imprinting so people dont have to set their alarm to wake up at 3am or some crap.

yep i just quit ark because of this very reason.  had a baby allo, raised it to juvenile.  signed off at about 2 am est with a full feeding trough.  come on next at 12 pm est, animal died....like really? loved the game but thats ridiculous and doesnt deserve my time if its going to go down like this.

game developers need to realize that these pc games need to be adjusted for us console users.   what a waste of life i put into this game.  thanks wc.

I still think they need to rethink the Imprinting System.

The fact that they expect people to live on 3-4 hours of sleep at a time is bad enough, but couple that with RNG timers rolling, inevitably, in such a way that raising multiple dinos means that you basically can't sleep if you expect to make good use of the Imprinting system is a bit silly. 

4 hours ago, megagoo said:

yep i just quit ark because of this very reason.  had a baby allo, raised it to juvenile.  signed off at about 2 am est with a full feeding trough.  come on next at 12 pm est, animal died....like really? loved the game but thats ridiculous and doesnt deserve my time if its going to go down like this.

game developers need to realize that these pc games need to be adjusted for us console users.   what a waste of life i put into this game.  thanks wc.

They did this game for teenagers. Only they can play so many hours without work and without sleep.

the problem has many aspects.. for one the long times are suposed to be there so you need to have a tribe and work together to achieve it. and to slow down the "production" like of dinos

on the other hand there are conection and lag issues , while you are playing but also.. there are far too many bugs right now dealing with babies..some dinos (like wyverns and troodons) will stop eating if they go out of  rendering ( whichmeans you need to be there the whole time from baby to adulthood)  there are also reports of dinos even adult ones dying of hunger with food inside them.  os simply dying without any aparent reason

i do agree that a game expecing you to be 18 hours in a row playing in order to obtain something is ridiculous. but the argument was the same when the game wanted 8 hours tames. and it took more than a year for them to change it.

i would step out of breeding for the time being

A stack of raw meat in feeding trough spoils in 13 hours and 20 minutes.

If you want to be offline more than that fill another one with cooked meat.

A stack of cooked meat in feeding trough spoils in 40 hours.

A carnivore juvenile can be fed autonomously almost for two real days with cooked meat and much longer with cooked fish.

You don't have to play every day to breed successfully.

I have not read all the way down the list here. Although I have to agree such things as a gigga are just crazy to raise. There is no way you can hold a job and play ark in the case of hard to raise dinos. I have to wait for the weekend to raise t-rexs and big dinos. Forget qs and giggas. I think it is reasonable to make larger dinos hard to breed or all the servers would just be swamped with everything. Although at the same time they should make it easier for players that choose to have a life outside of the game. 

2 minutes ago, Jna1991 said:

I have not read all the way down the list here. Although I have to agree such things as a gigga are just crazy to raise. There is no way you can hold a job and play ark in the case of hard to raise dinos. I have to wait for the weekend to raise t-rexs and big dinos. Forget qs and giggas. I think it is reasonable to make larger dinos hard to breed or all the servers would just be swamped with everything. Although at the same time they should make it easier for players that choose to have a life outside of the game. 

Quetzals are easy because they have high weight and eat comparatively little. Realistically it's tough to raise a giga solo if you have a job unless you put it in water. 

On Saturday, March 04, 2017 at 10:53 AM, megagoo said:

You realize a full trough of raw meat doesnt even last that long with 1 allo eating it right? So you did it yourself, its not the game lol

Yall realize you can have more then 1 trough right. Would hit have killed you to fill up 4 troughs? I generally spend the week getting ready for raises instead of grinding meat when its a baby or right before.

Makes life easier to fill 4 troughs of meat you collected during the week instead of filling and cooking meat for the 4 troughs that day.

9 hours ago, anholeti said:

I sometimes find this forum also managed and moderated by teenagers. I was punished because I created this topic. Lol
But Conan Exile is coming ...

Amen to that. It's silly. This is a general discussion topic about ark. To be more on topic I'm going to assume you are on Xbox? Currently(don't know on PC) there is a bug where dinos(tamed/knocked out/babies) won't eat properly. I was taming a 15 dodo and his food got down to 300ish / 1000ish before he ate a single berry. .Sometimes my ptera won't eat unless I force feed her.

For babies specifically, after one of my babies died I was looking at the other one. It looks like they glitch out. It seems like they will regen to full HP(even though they aren't supposed too while growing) before they start to eat again normally. Like it got to full HP immediately went back down and started eating.

Breeding dinos can be VERY profitable if you get a nice roll on the dice. So it's understandable for them to take some time. Play on non dedicated.

Archived