Thoughts on the Minigun turret or Rocket turret

Melcreif

Thoughts on the Minigun turret or Rocket turret

So our base was attacked yesterday and we lost all 4 of our dragons. We also lost a Giga, Spino and a Quetzal.  They attacked a side of our base that was least defended and just took out 2 behemoth gates and then went to work killing tames.  Our plan is to upgrade the gates to Metal first, but we also have a very tall tower that looks out over the gates.  What are your thoughts on the Minigun turret and Rocket turret for the next time this happens while we are online?

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, Jostabeere said:

Didn't they patch it and you cannot have minigun on Quetzs anymore?

People still seem to have confusion regarding this. They patched it so that automated turrets can no longer be mounted on platform creatures. Manned turrets are still fair game.

On 3/3/2017 at 2:05 PM, bulldog1986 said:

Minigun on a quetz is a deadly combo

Rocket turret is a waste of resources though imo

I was talking to some folks about this from our Main tribe. I guess having the minigun on the Quetzal is amazing, but be careful you don't accidentally kill the Quetzal in the heat of battle. That happened to one of the guys in the tribe that had one setup like that...

I agree with many of the comments, however where I find a rocket turret amazing is when you go in to sponge bullets and you don't want to wait to sponge all the bullets and just use the animals to distract the turrets. Then you can rapid fire with a rocket turret and take out many of the turrets or generator. I like the fire rate of the turret. it is also helpful for minimal player raiding.

3 hours ago, Melcreif said:

I was talking to some folks about this from our Main tribe. I guess having the minigun on the Quetzal is amazing, but be careful you don't accidentally kill the Quetzal in the heat of battle. That happened to one of the guys in the tribe that had one setup like that...

Yea you gotta have the right build, preferable is having the mini guns on pillars on the wing sides so they have good LoF and won't hurt your own quetz. Add in a ballista and you got a wyvern/quetz killer ;)

12 hours ago, bulldog1986 said:

Better yet, this design is fairly common -

However, that being said, I would modify it slightly in the sense that I would have pillars under both minigun's to ensure max LoF

Thanks!  So if you add pillars underneath are you still able to access the miniguns? I'm assuming you just look up and it allows you to mount?

Archived