Isn't it unbelivable??

Tenebray

Isn't it unbelivable??

This EvoEvent which is ongoing right now ONLY HELPS these players who didnt lost their characters... Cause me and all other guys who lost their characters and still cannot play them after the rollback, really dont profit from this compensation...

THIS IS RIDICULOUS!!!!! 

After I got my Character back THEN I WANT AN COMPENSATION!!!!

RIGHT NOW IT BRINGS NOTHING TO THE HARMED PLAYERS!!!!!! THINK ABOUT THAT WILDCARD!!!!  OMFG!!!!!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, xenocidic said:

Does nothing for people who had their stuff deleted out of the cross-ark storage either...

See? It does nothing for people who really needs the compensation! Just the people who didnt lose their characters profit of this! NO ONE ELSE!

So people who didnt have any problems, now get an EvoEvent.. Thanks WIldCard!

Just now, DeweyDecimal said:

1. The 'dead horse' answer: EA. Poop happens, that's the risk we take, etc.

2. Evolution Xp. You can lvl up a little quicker to get back to where you were.

3. Something is better than nothing

Sorry I really dont agree with you! And your answers just show that you totally have no idea what you talking about. bringing some "Dead horse" answers bla bla bla.. Cannot help? Dont talk! 

Just typical fanboy anwser to gather posts and likes from wildacard... We really dont need this!

15 minutes ago, Tenebray said:

Isn't it unbelivable??

This EvoEvent which is ongoing right now ONLY HELPS these players who didnt lost their characters... Cause me and all other guys who lost their characters and still cannot play them after the rollback, really dont profit from this compensation...

THIS IS RIDICULOUS!!!!! 

RIGHT NOW IT BRINGS NOTHING TO THE HARMED PLAYERS!!!!!! THINK ABOUT THAT WILDCARD!!!!  OMFG!!!!!

Compensation? You want another Evo event? Some temporarily boosted breeding rates? 'Cause besides that -- and even with that, I find it absolutely ridiculous that you're demanding "compensation" -- but besides that, us players aren't owed anything.

Besides, do you really think sitting there typing in all caps, demanding them to give you things is really the way to ask for something? Stop throwing your tantrum.

12 minutes ago, Tenebray said:

Sorry I really dont agree with you! And your answers just show that you totally have no idea what you talking about. bringing some "Dead horse" answers bla bla bla.. Cannot help? Dont talk! 

Just typical fanboy anwser to gather posts and likes from wildacard... We really dont need this!

The dead horse hasn't stopped being true though, no matter our respective feelings about it, it's an early access Game, these things can and will happen, it sucks, but that's the risk we take, it's only a dead horse because we keep having to say it.

My second and third points are as close to help as you're going to get.

Don't want answers you don't like? Don't post in forums!

5 minutes ago, DeweyDecimal said:

The dead horse hasn't stopped being true though, no matter our respective feelings about it, it's an early access Game, these things can and will happen, it sucks, but that's the risk we take, it's only a dead horse because we keep having to say it.

My second and third points are as close to help as you're going to get.

Don't want answers you don't like? Don't post in forums!

I'm still baffled that people aren't understanding that this stuff can happen.. Given its written in a big warning all over the page before you purchase this game. 

Then that argument isn't "good enough" and we are fan boys...like it or not, that argument is good enough until they remove the disclaimer from their game.

So I could just dump on you as well but I won't.  Instead I suggest creating an alt character and allying with your current tribe, assuming you aren't just playing solo?  Then your alt character can at least contribute to resource gathering and such.  You could then transfer some of your resource dino's to the alt to allow them to gather and level up...

2 hours ago, NebraskARK said:

I'm still baffled that people aren't understanding that this stuff can happen.. Given its written in a big warning all over the page before you purchase this game. 

Then that argument isn't "good enough" and we are fan boys...like it or not, that argument is good enough until they remove the disclaimer from their game.

This. 

3 hours ago, NebraskARK said:

I'm with you i know players hate when they use EA as excuse, but its the raptoring truth your playing a unfinished game thats on development, people get emotional by the time they invested on Ark and they forget is not a finish product, and yes a game takes more than 2-5 years to leave EA, they are games that take 10 years to develop. before nerd raging try to invest some time to learn how developing a game actually works and maybe you will be more understanding. that poop will happen and you will lost poop on a EA game maybe we will loose everything when  the game turns to a finish product.

4 hours ago, Irk said:

Compensation? You want another Evo event? Some temporarily boosted breeding rates? 'Cause besides that -- and even with that, I find it absolutely ridiculous that you're demanding "compensation" -- but besides that, us players aren't owed anything.

Besides, do you really think sitting there typing in all caps, demanding them to give you things is really the way to ask for something? Stop throwing your tantrum.

From what I understand the breeding rates aren't even working, seems to be x1 still.

Puhlease, the current response is the devs Screwing us in the behind and giving us a pat on the back after that "as compensation". They raptored up, they made people suffer and no they don't give a poop. Try to remember that. We're talking about Wildcard here. When was the last time they took player pain seriously? OH you lost a wyvern to our bug? 10 wyverns? 40 days of raising???? Neh sorry, we don't care. Love Wildcard =.=

2 hours ago, TheLordTailfin said:

Puhlease, the current response is the devs Screwing us in the behind and giving us a pat on the back after that "as compensation". They raptored up, they made people suffer and no they don't give a poop. Try to remember that. We're talking about Wildcard here. When was the last time they took player pain seriously? OH you lost a wyvern to our bug? 10 wyverns? 40 days of raising???? Neh sorry, we don't care. Love Wildcard =.=

As though it was done maliciously, lol.

They're doing what's best for the Game. May not align with what's best for you or me, but them's the breaks. At least they're doing something.

33 minutes ago, DeweyDecimal said:

As though it was done maliciously, lol.

They're doing what's best for the Game. May not align with what's best for you or me, but them's the breaks. At least they're doing something.

There is a theory u know, they want the old players out so the new ones can come in. To that end, make life as uncomfortable as possible for the old players. Everything points to that, Tribe tame caps, Tribes being broken up by said caps, MASS nerf BPs even on PVE........now this ineffective rollback...it all points to them wanting the old players out to "make space on the server for the lowbies to come in".

Old players haven't paid them any more money for over a year now. New players want in, but can't since old players are filling up the servers. Worse still, old players have lots of tames and BIG bases.......now they realise 2 things, one, the servers can't support the game they created and 2, if they don't do something fast, the new players wont' come in, meaning no more money coming in. So they make life as uncomfortable as possible. 

As far as I'm concerned only 2 possibilities exist, they are either malicious or stupid, cos if they are stupid, their actions were not well thought out, therefore the ineffective patching...but if they were malicious......

12 minutes ago, TheLordTailfin said:

There is a theory u know, they want the old players out so the new ones can come in. To that end, make life as uncomfortable as possible for the old players. Everything points to that, Tribe tame caps, Tribes being broken up by said caps, MASS nerf BPs even on PVE........now this ineffective rollback...it all points to them wanting the old players out to "make space on the server for the lowbies to come in".

Old players haven't paid them any more money for over a year now. New players want in, but can't since old players are filling up the servers. Worse still, old players have lots of tames and BIG bases.......now they realise 2 things, one, the servers can't support the game they created and 2, if they don't do something fast, the new players wont' come in, meaning no more money coming in. So they make life as uncomfortable as possible. 

As far as I'm concerned only 2 possibilities exist, they are either malicious or stupid, cos if they are stupid, their actions were not well thought out, therefore the ineffective patching...but if they were malicious......

I've never thought of this before.

man I hope they aren't doing it on purpose. They gave me my character back after two weeks, and they had to set an appointment a week in advance. I'm assuming things are really backed up, I think we underestimate how much the lawsuit played in how they operated from that moment on, example would be maybe the DLC would have been free if not for that lawsuit. 

But regardless you bring up a good point that makes me question more things

12 hours ago, DeweyDecimal said:

1. The 'dead horse' answer: EA. Poop happens, that's the risk we take, etc.

2. Evolution Xp. You can lvl up a little quicker to get back to where you were.

3. Something is better than nothing

Uh you do realize he said he lost his character so no he can not level up quicker. He can't level at all

12 hours ago, Tenebray said:

Isn't it unbelivable??

THIS IS RIDICULOUS!!!!! 

Sorry to hear about that man. I can't believe they shafted you like that. Don't pay attention to the trolls. They are just trying to make themselves feel better by making you feel bad. You have good reason to be mad.

If they were trying to drive the old players out, they'd have done a heck of a lot more than roll the servers back. And deep down, even the conspiracy nut that posted the theory the first time knows it.

Oh no! We lost a day's worth of work! Those of us who haven't been whining on the forums this entire time have already caught up to, or surpassed where they were beforethe rollback. Nothing was taken away that should have driven anyone to quit the game.

If they really wanted the old players gone, they'd "accidentally" wipe the servers, or change the rules to prohibit something that 90% of the players do, and then ban them. Or they'd switch hosts again and "lose the data" in the transfer.

I could think of at least a dozen more ways that they could use, and would have used if they wanted to drive the old players out. But they didn't and they won't. Know why? The same reason that MMO's don't try to get rid of their long term people. There's a lot more money to be made in the future by keeping them hooked on this digital crack. Future paid expansions, possible higher end subscription servers, merchandise, even something as simple as not having 30k+ negative reviews pop up within 5 minutes of taking the action that would drive people away. Negative reviews lead to less buys. Less buys means less money. So even if there were zero potential to get more money out of the long term players, they would still not try to drive us out, because it would ruin everything they've built so far.

I don't necessarily agree with rolling things back after that long. I definitely don't agree with not banning every single person who intentionally abused the duping glitch, but I'm not going to sit here all day on the forums pitching conspiracy theories, or whining about everything that I lost. I prefer to take the time and build back up. Not only am I further along than I was, but on my primitive+ server I'm also in a better location this time.

13 hours ago, NebraskARK said:

The issue is that Ark is better then a huge chunk of released games, has more players then most released games, and has been "Slated for release" a dozen times in the 2?3? years it's been out. 

While the game is still in Early Access, the support for the game is atrocious. They want people to play, test things, but they do absolutely nothing to support players in that. They do almost nothing. Hacker groups get reported and posted on the front page of reddit, same group, at least every couple days. The devs have even banned and wiped them half a dozen times, but nothing is done to permanently remove them from the game environment. They don't refund Dinos lost due to any form of bug, nor items. Half the time they don't do characters either. It takes about a month to get a response to any ticket, even though the response is, almost always "No". 

You can cite it being an EA game all you want. Ark is much farther along then any EA game I've played to date, has more content and more players. Yet, in contrast, has the worst support for any game I've played in recent years, and that includes titles from EA and Ubisoft. Wildcard may, no joke, have the singular worst customer support of any game on Steam, and it's entirely fair to say that. 

If they'd rather focus on the game then the player, that's their decision to make, but trying to say that "Oh it's EA, this is to be expected" is just wrong. Even for EA games, their communication and support are incredibly bad, mostly because they pretty much don't exist. I half expect that the support staff is literally just Stark and Sanguine on their lunch break. 

Archived