Need Tips of what to do in SP

Psyny

Hello,

I'm playing Scorched Earth singleplayer for a month now.
I want to take a break from all the breeding, but I'm a little out of ideas...

I don't wanna go to take down ( tame/milk ) wyverns yet... Most methods to take them down solo seems a little buggy now.

Also, I've visited a cave in early game. Don't know the name, but it's the one you access in a narrow ravine.
It was a little... Short? And, at the time, I got a little angry because my Saber got stuck and vanished after awhile.

Maybe give another try to explore caves? They all are short as the one i visited? They are all buggy?
Go to The Island or The Center to explore underwater world?

1 minute ago, Captnmorgan said:

Um play pve and start trading and being social. I honestly love playing with ppl and playing pvp. There ain't much to do in single fish bosses same as online. But you can get into adventures with other people and read chat. Just a thought.

Thanks for the reply!
I agree with all the pros of online gaming... But I have some fatal problems with online gaming:

1) Ping... I can't get pings below 200ms

2) Time... I play SP with 5x harvest and breeding rates... And the grind is huge already. And because of my work, sometimes I need to travel for 1 or 2 weeks... So I don't think i could handle online ark.

3) In PVP ppl exploit all kind of gameplay odds, glitches and bugs... Most of the times variety is killed due only few playstyles being viable. 
Onion building, for example... And since a great part of the game become destroying what others built, the grind factor raises a lot.

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, Psyny said:

Thanks for the reply!
I agree with all the pros of online gaming... But I have some fatal problems with online gaming:

1) Ping... I can't get pings below 200ms

2) Time... I play SP with 5x harvest and breeding rates... And the grind is huge already. And because of my work, sometimes I need to travel for 1 or 2 weeks... So I don't think i could handle online ark.

3) In PVP ppl exploit all kind of gameplay odds, glitches and bugs... Most of the times variety is killed due only few playstyles being viable. 
Onion building, for example... And since a great part of the game become destroying what others built, the grind factor raises a lot.

Yup it has some challenges but there are unofficial servers great communities you can join a mature tribe one that works as well. Lots of adult gamers in ark. Rates are adjustable on unofficial. I only play official but I'm telling you heck of a lot of fun online. I don't know how u guys do it in sp.... trust me you will love it online find right server or tribe fun factor 1 million... 

2 hours ago, Psyny said:

Hello,

I'm playing Scorched Earth singleplayer for a month now.
I want to take a break from all the breeding, but I'm a little out of ideas...

I don't wanna go to take down ( tame/milk ) wyverns yet... Most methods to take them down solo seems a little buggy now.

Also, I've visited a cave in early game. Don't know the name, but it's the one you access in a narrow ravine.
It was a little... Short? And, at the time, I got a little angry because my Saber got stuck and vanished after awhile.

Maybe give another try to explore caves? They all are short as the one i visited? They are all buggy?
Go to The Island or The Center to explore underwater world?

I'm a fan of building wacky structures. Find some unique terrain, and build a bridge across it. Build a castle. Go online and look up old culture buildings, like viking longhouses, and build that. Tons of fun, in my book

26 minutes ago, Airthrow said:

I'm a fan of building wacky structures. Find some unique terrain, and build a bridge across it. Build a castle. Go online and look up old culture buildings, like viking longhouses, and build that. Tons of fun, in my book

Funny, as you wrote this I was trying to building something...

I play on Ps4 ( no mods, even Pri+ ), my last base was a cube, I'm trying to improve it to something that is not only a storage room...
It already took me 6 hours between gathering and fighting the snap points... But would be a new hobby, as you suggested =P
A lot to improve, and figured out that my own artistic vein is a little off.

Some Pics:
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Psyny/library/ARK

1.png

For SP on Scorched Earth, the other caves aren't too terrible to get through. I don't think any of them are especially long. I did have some trouble with the mountain cave - I tried to go in there with my mantis, and the poor animal started glitching out in spectacular fashion. So I parked her outside and sprinted the cave. Of course, when I got out my mantis was under the map...

Speaking of, in my opinion the mantises are a lot of fun, they're great for farming and worth the effort to get. If you're looking for a change of pace, death worm hunting and getting a farm going to work toward said mantis could be an option.

Beyond that, my great love in the game is raising wyverns. The fly-through trap has been pretty good to me. I believe 207.5% movement speed is the threshold to outfly a wyvern with an eagle. They're amazing.

Have fun!

Archived