Someone please explain why they deleted unique items in the cross-ark storage

xenocidic

Someone please explain why they deleted unique items in the cross-ark storage

Right now I'm just looking for an explanation as to why they deleted unique items in the cross-ark storage, and why they couldn't just change stack sizes to one, or delete duplicated items. We had a bunch of unique (non duped, already clamped) blueprints in the cross-ark storage that were uploaded Monday morning. They rolled back to sometime Monday afternoon and deleted the cross-ark storage, thereby deleting all the blueprints that were in the cross-ark storage. I'd like to know how that was meant to address the duping/AWS outage.

• Volunteer Moderator

https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/forums/topic/156839-official-server-rollback-and-wipe-of-crossark-storage-items/

You must have missed the pinned topic at top of page. I highly doubt you will get any answers you seek. maybe after they get back from gdc or whatever function they are at. 

Yes, due to a dupe glitch. So people were able to pull items out of the ark storage but they remained in the ark.

So they rolled back the servers, so the duped items they pulled out of the ark were taken off the server. So why delete the ark storage also?

People who didn't dupe got severely punished if they had nice things in the ark storage.

• Volunteer Moderator
4 minutes ago, xenocidic said:

Yes, due to a dupe glitch. So people were able to pull items out of the ark storage but they remained in the ark.

So they rolled back the servers, so the duped items they pulled out of the ark were taken off the server. So why delete the ark storage also?

People who didn't dupe got severely punished if they had nice things in the ark storage.

I feel your pain man but it was probably either easier or necessary to do it. I have no idea no one here except a dev could tell you. They were also all away at conference so may not have been able to do anything else but quick fix.  You can try thelilpanda on twitter he server guy maybe he can answer. 

Plenty of stuff still being duped by people who arent even trying to do it. So yeah losing every tame we had because it rolled back to when we had everything in the obelisk while moving servers really makes it all that more painful. And as another kick in the face they do this evolution event but because we lost the entire base we had built on the new server and the materials were not put back on the old server we have to spend this event building and not replacing ANY of the tames we lost. 

Archived