There should be seperate PvP and PvE sections

BottledBurps

Delete if not allowed, dunno where else I would've posted this haha

As a PvP player that's into trading, it's sometimes hard to find any trading posts in this section that isn't PvE. Then there's the posts that don't have the server type listed anywhere and you're left guessing. 

I think it'd be better if there were separate PvP and PvE forum sections, so we could easily find posts related to our server types. Anyone else feel the same?

Guest BubbaCrawfish

Or maybe you could just put [PvP] or [PvE] in the titles as a real simple way of showing the difference.

Could even ask for thread tags for such a thing, then you could have some filter to make it show them all rather than the others.

4 hours ago, BubbaCrawfish said:

Or maybe you could just put [PvP] or [PvE] in the titles as a real simple way of showing the difference.

Could even ask for thread tags for such a thing, then you could have some filter to make it show them all rather than the others.

Filters could work, yes, but I always put PvP in my titles and I still get multiple people messaging me thinking I'm PvE

Guest BubbaCrawfish
17 minutes ago, BottledBurps said:

Filters could work, yes, but I always put PvP in my titles and I still get multiple people messaging me thinking I'm PvE

Should send them back the immortal Samuel L Jackson "Read the mother raptoring thread, before PMing me"...

4 hours ago, BubbaCrawfish said:

Or maybe we could separate the forums since they are two different things that should of been separated from the get go. Seeing as you can't trade across pve to PvP there is no reason at all to have them under the same forum.

Guest BubbaCrawfish
44 minutes ago, Clark said:

Or maybe we could separate the forums since they are two different things that should of been separated from the get go. Seeing as you can't trade across pve to PvP there is no reason at all to have them under the same forum.

There's such a thing as requiring people to actually read... Even if you do separate the sections, people will STILL post in the wrong section.

It's not multiple forums, it's multiple sections.

Just make your posts have PvE/PvP at the start of them, anyone who doesn't read them deserves a severe flogging from a troodon.

awesome idea. I agree :)

On 3/3/2017 at 9:04 PM, BottledBurps said:

Delete if not allowed, dunno where else I would've posted this haha

As a PvP player that's into trading, it's sometimes hard to find any trading posts in this section that isn't PvE. Then there's the posts that don't have the server type listed anywhere and you're left guessing. 

I think it'd be better if there were separate PvP and PvE forum sections, so we could easily find posts related to our server types. Anyone else feel the same?

On 4.3.2017 at 0:46 PM, BubbaCrawfish said:

You expect too much from ppl. Many wont.. They are lazy / incapable. 

Guest BubbaCrawfish
2 hours ago, Grayroad said:

You expect too much from ppl. Many wont.. They are lazy / incapable. 

It's not that they're lazy/incapable, it's simply they don't read. It happens a lot on forums around the internet, especially with people thinking people said something they didn't.

Like one time, I had a heap of people all up in my case about me saying "raptor {Insert random noob here}" when I'd said "raptor, {Insert random noob here}". They'd missed the comma, yet they took it to the highest people they could, to simply get sympathy, and make out I'd attacked someone.

With people simply skim reading and not actually reading, they are losing the ability to be doing so. Catering to them will simply cause more downfall in the status quo.

"Every time you misread this, somewhere, a low level Dodo dies"

Seriously though, the state of peoples literacy skills, grammar understanding, and reliance on white knight tactics, is terrible.

• Administrator

We encourage people to use tags, however it seems most don't. I also put in the Forum section description that people HAVE to put what server they are on.... but they don't. We don't want to moderate the trading sections too much as we just don't want to go down that route. However, if we get enough people wanting a PVP/PVE option I may introduce it as you HAVE to select one while making a thread.

3 hours ago, Casanova said:

We encourage people to use tags, however it seems most don't. I also put in the Forum section description that people HAVE to put what server they are on.... but they don't. We don't want to moderate the trading sections too much as we just don't want to go down that route. However, if we get enough people wanting a PVP/PVE option I may introduce it as you HAVE to select one while making a thread.

A required PvP/PvE tag would probably help some :) And/or a search mechanic so I could type in "PvP" and only see the PvP posts, since as it stands right now, I usually see 1 or 2 PvP posts per page and the rest are PvE

Just a suggestion of course! 

Guest BubbaCrawfish
52 minutes ago, BottledBurps said:

I usually see 1 or 2 PvP posts per page and the rest are PvE

Well, it's not as if they'd want to supply a possible enemy with the means to take them out, or even reveal where they are residing.

Archived