15 fps in a large base, let's discuss the designs.

Sphere

15 fps in a large base, let's discuss the designs.

Okay peoples, obviously optimizations are not coming today, probably not tomorrow either, nor next week or next month. This is not that thread.

As people know, bases are currently a problem when it comes to performance. From looking at the issue, it's not the CPU, it's not the GPU, it's something else. The bottleneck exists somewhere in the software, and it doesn't even matter if you put it in dx10. I think the main problem is the API of Direct X. The current system being utilized is incapable of handling the amount of data of a base.

But of course we are not getting dx12 anytime soon. Agreed?

So what kind of base designs can be implemented to reduce the performance impact? Also can we identify the main culprits of FPS devourers in bases? Let's learn about how to make a base that works for the current game.

Discuss?

30 minutes ago, GobboKirk said:

I am still thinking larger building blocks would solve a lot of the issues.

If I plan a 4-6 wall house, let me build 2x2, 3x3, 4x4, 2x4 wall pieces as I need.

With a 4x4 wall plate that's suddenly 15 less structures to load in.

Crafting costs naturally adjusted to the size.

I agree.

This thread opens up the whole "behemoth gates vs wall pieces lagg" discussion. Some say wall walls cause less lagg, some say behemoth gate wall does. 

Id like to hear opinions on this

4 minutes ago, d1nk said:

I agree.

This thread opens up the whole "behemoth gates vs wall pieces lagg" discussion. Some say wall walls cause less lagg, some say behemoth gate wall does. 

Not like I am any programming expert or anything, but just watching all the pieces load in when you approach, it just feels logical that less of them would make it faster.
If it isn't something the devs plan to add, at least I hope it will be a priority for the sponsored mods going forward.

5 hours ago, d1nk said:

I agree.

I can tell you from first hand experience. Some friends replaced their 8 high walls around their base with behemoth gates awhile back. They went from "oh my god im lagging out because of this base" to "kinda laggy but not dropping to 2 fps"

Archived