How many players on the PS4?

Dresden

How many players on the PS4?

Hi everyone. I want to get this game for the PC but I am worried that I will have trouble running it so I will go with the PS4 version instead.

Can someone how active this game is on the PS4? According to steamcharts it has 47,000 people playing right now on the PC. Are the numbers similar  on the PS4 version?

1 hour ago, Captnmorgan said:

i love it on PS4 I don't miss playing on pc.  I think I saw over million copies sold on PS4. But servers usually half filled some full...

Thanks for the reply. Do you mind telling me the reason why you like it on the PS4 better than on the PC? Are there any differences between the two? Thanks :)

Well, as with any console port the updates are always going to be behind PC. I went with PS4 because my computer was not able to handle Ark in a playable fashion. Other than that there's just different things you have to get used to; you can't just bind all your whistles to individual keys etc. 

I am having a lot of fun with ark on the PS4. But I'm one of those filthy solo players, so your question probably wasn't meant for me anyway. :P

Played on both...

With a high end PC graphics is much better... Also, i really miss the shortcuts that the keyboard provides.
Ps4 also don't provide mod support.

However in the end I bought Ark for PS4 mainly for the SplitScreen. 

I don't play online much, but i check the servers from time to time.
At dawn ( when i play ) most servers i see are at 50% to 100% capacity.

34 minutes ago, Phichikapparho said:

Well, as with any console port the updates are always going to be behind PC. I went with PS4 because my computer was not able to handle Ark in a playable fashion. Other than that there's just different things you have to get used to; you can't just bind all your whistles to individual keys etc. 

I am having a lot of fun with ark on the PS4. But I'm one of those filthy solo players, so your question probably wasn't meant for me anyway. :P

I'm also going to be playing this strictly solo when I'm not split screening with my girlfriend. I don't have any friends who are playing this game.

8 minutes ago, Psyny said:

Played on both...

With a high end PC graphics is much better... Also, i really miss the shortcuts that the keyboard provides.
Ps4 also don't provide mod support.

However in the end I bought Ark for PS4 mainly for the SplitScreen. 

I don't play online much, but i check the servers from time to time.
At dawn ( when i play ) most servers i see are at 50% to 100% capacity.

How's the split screen? This is part of the reason I am getting this game so that me and my girlfriend can play together from time to time.

21 minutes ago, Dresden said:

I'm also going to be playing this strictly solo when I'm not split screening with my girlfriend. I don't have any friends who are playing this game.

How's the split screen? This is part of the reason I am getting this game so that me and my girlfriend can play together from time to time.

Split Screen drops the FPS by a little, less noticeably on a PS4 Pro.

Theres a limit of around 500 meters of distance that player 2 can be from player 1... But it was never a problem for me.
Keep in mind that this can be frustrating for some... If player 1 dies, player 2 will be teleported to player 1 respawn point.

I also play with my GF, since shes not used to games as I, her tolerance for frustrations is far lower =P If your case is the same, let her play as player 1.
But... if she playes as player 1, the "world save state" will be kept in her account...

Enough of cons...
Splitscreen Ark is a lot of fun. While most games are overlooking this feature, Ark is at least trying.
Local splitscreen also means no lag, no ping... The game runs much better.
If you configure your game difficult right ( I can help with that, PM me if needed ), you can get rid of some grind that is not meant for singleplayer since the game time only passes when you are playing, while online is real time.

And sharing despair, joy, fear, satisfaction of a survival game with someone that is next by your side is an experience that should never be overlooked. 

• Volunteer Moderator
3 hours ago, Dresden said:

Thanks for the reply. Do you mind telling me the reason why you like it on the PS4 better than on the PC? Are there any differences between the two? Thanks :)

My pc is a lot better graphics wise power wise ect ect I have a great pc. I just couldn't stand aimbot s esp anymore. Everyone has same specs on PS4 no aimbot no ESP ... really that's the only reason I switched I hate kids with programs they aren't hackers it's just script kiddies using a program to cheat. Valve and battleeye can't keep up. 

On 3/3/2017 at 8:20 PM, Psyny said:

Split Screen drops the FPS by a little, less noticeably on a PS4 Pro.

Theres a limit of around 500 meters of distance that player 2 can be from player 1... But it was never a problem for me.
Keep in mind that this can be frustrating for some... If player 1 dies, player 2 will be teleported to player 1 respawn point.

I also play with my GF, since shes not used to games as I, her tolerance for frustrations is far lower =P If your case is the same, let her play as player 1.
But... if she playes as player 1, the "world save state" will be kept in her account...

Enough of cons...
Splitscreen Ark is a lot of fun. While most games are overlooking this feature, Ark is at least trying.
Local splitscreen also means no lag, no ping... The game runs much better.
If you configure your game difficult right ( I can help with that, PM me if needed ), you can get rid of some grind that is not meant for singleplayer since the game time only passes when you are playing, while online is real time.

And sharing despair, joy, fear, satisfaction of a survival game with someone that is next by your side is an experience that should never be overlooked.

Thanks for the info. I don't have a PS4 Pro but from looking at the videos on the regular PS4 it seems like it runs pretty good for a split screen. If I need help I'll definitely hit you up at the end of the month since that's when I'm getting back from my vacation.

On 3/3/2017 at 10:34 PM, Captnmorgan said:

My pc is a lot better graphics wise power wise ect ect I have a great pc. I just couldn't stand aimbot s esp anymore. Everyone has same specs on PS4 no aimbot no ESP ... really that's the only reason I switched I hate kids with programs they aren't hackers it's just script kiddies using a program to cheat. Valve and battleeye can't keep up. 

Ah I see where you're coming from. That's part of the reason I switched over to consoles and because I have more friends playing on the PS4.

Archived