Official wipe (been awhile)

Volcano637

2 minutes ago, AndrewLB said:

There is no response because they've already given an OFFICIAL response. And that response is "NO WIPE". Get it through your heads people! Your dreams of wildcard wiping the alpha tribes and that next time things would be any different from you being cannon fodder is a joke. If you suck now, you'll still suck after a wipe. Whats funny and hypocritical is how you guys wouldn't behave any different if you somehow became alpha. In fact, since you got it because of a wipe and it wasn't earned.. you'd probably be even worse.

I only support a wipe in the sense that it would cause the entire community to be so angry they'd have to actually come up with a real solution I mean hell weeks later probably but we've already had hours wasted.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, ArkTheIsland said:

Umm that's actually the best way to go about get answers because what other influence do we really have as consumers? Give negative reviews everywhere. Call and complain. I mean look at their better business bureau page... 

https://www.bbb.org/northwest/business-reviews/video-games-wholesale-and-manufacturers/studio-wildcard-in-kirkland-wa-1000031110/reviews-and-complaints

Enough grease and the wheels have to turn. I'm almost thinking you work for WC just because you literally advice people to not take their consumer rights in hand. They won't care until their money is effected because that's their main motivation.

Well thank you. Rather you agree with me or not I am glad you look at things this way. Not sure why they are throwing insults at me but oh well. 

I didn't even know they had a bbb page lol I'll have to go check that out

12 minutes ago, ArkTheIsland said:

Umm that's actually the best way to go about get answers because what other influence do we really have as consumers? Give negative reviews everywhere. Call and complain. I mean look at their better business bureau page... 

https://www.bbb.org/northwest/business-reviews/video-games-wholesale-and-manufacturers/studio-wildcard-in-kirkland-wa-1000031110/reviews-and-complaints

Enough grease and the wheels have to turn. I'm almost thinking you work for WC just because you literally advise people to not take their consumer rights in hand. They won't care until their money is effected because that's their main motivation.

You could try Reddit, or Twitter. They're pretty active on there. You could also try asking questions nicely instead of demanding answers. I see them talking to players all the time about random things. Actually, Jeremy's official "we're not wiping servers" response was a response to a player asking if they're wiping the servers again.

But my post was directed at someone who wanted to give WC negative reviews for "not giving an official statement on server wipes" when they've already given one. I never said no one should ever review companies badly. Context matters.

As for me working with WC, the permanent warnings on my profile page and the ones I've had to dispute to get cleared off say otherwise. I'm just not a reactionary child that shoots first than asks questions later.

7 minutes ago, Tmnt101 said:

Hello I play on official 652 na . The last few days the server can not be found. I don't know where to say or ask about this. Any help would be appreciated thanks.

Here you go: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd8Xn6z_RP7fxGgH_86VZAKDzqmbDboanrC51GSpr_1v9_PLA/viewform

That's a link to the official server outage report. Hope that helps because WC doesn't pay me to do nothing but poop-post on here all day!*

Whoops! Did I type that in public?!

*Irk is in no way, shape or form affiliated with Wild Card Studios.

7 minutes ago, Irk said:

You could try Reddit, or Twitter. They're pretty active on there. You could also try asking questions nicely instead of demanding answers. I see them talking to players all the time about random things. Actually, Jeremy's official "we're not wiping servers" response was a response to a player asking if they're wiping the servers again.

But my post was directed at someone who wanted to give WC negative reviews for "not giving an official statement on server wipes" when they've already given one. I never said no one should ever review companies badly. Context matters.

As for me working with WC, the permanent warnings on my profile page and the ones I've had to dispute to get cleared off say otherwise. I'm just not a reactionary child that shoots first than asks questions later.

I asked questions first and there hasn't been a response. You are reading the forums right and not just shooting off your mouth? Also his complaint had context just because you don't agree doesn't mean people can't write negative reviews. The whole point of reviews is that they can be changed so good companies will work to rectify the problem and try to change opinion. Anyway I dunno what you are other than negative when it comes to other people with opinions that differ from yours and some of the things that come to mind I won't say on here . Irk is a good name for you chief.

20 minutes ago, Volcano637 said:

All of my posts say the wipe should be on official release. And I am pretty sure if a small tribe was the only one that did the glitch they wouldn't have done the rollback.

it is the massive amount of duped items that alphas were doing that made it rollback worthy. Go ahead and try to be insulting all you want, the reason for the rollback was the alphas

I missed where you said on official release...i apologize. 

And I'm not insinuating that it was a few small tribes who did it. I think alphas did it, I think medium leveled tribes did it, I think small tribes probably did it...so trying to put it all on alpha tribes is silly. They may have led to it getting noticed quicker perhaps.. 

7 minutes ago, NebraskARK said:

I missed where you said on official release...i apologize. 

And I'm not insinuating that it was a few small tribes who did it. I think alphas did it, I think medium leveled tribes did it, I think small tribes probably did it...so trying to put it all on alpha tribes is silly. They may have led to it getting noticed quicker perhaps.. 

Yes I agree with you that tribes of all sizes did it but please just answer this question without changing it in anyway. Just yes or no please.

would the rollback have still happened if it were just a couple small tribes that duped some items?

7 minutes ago, SlipperySquid said:

If you guys honestly wanted a wipe and really wanted to push for it go to every official server during there prime time and get them to sign a Official pvp server wipe petition. You have less then 3% of the player base on official PvP servers coming in here to agree or disagree.

You know what? You are correct lol can't believe I didn't see it that way. And yes I am serious not sarcastic 

EDIT: come to think of it it does seem that the same 6 or 7 people are always arguing with me.

11 hours ago, Volcano637 said:

Official wipe (been awhile)

I mean come guys, let's just do this already.

you took so much stuff away from people because some people duped stuff, so what? Even if they used those duped items to kill tames or destroy buildings, you still took it away from them anyway. 

And yes it was wildcard that did that. The alphas only whine is that they worked hard for something so why is it fair you take it away. You literally just recently took away ALOT!!!!!!! From people when they didn't even do anything wrong. 

What exactly did you take away from the bad people? Their duped items? Well that isn't taking anything away. Did you ban all of those people? And I mean permanently? As in an Xbox ban or just a gamertag ban? 

Either way, it doesn't really matter. You feel free to take away from people when it suits you but when it comes down to an official wipe which makes sense you don't want to do it because it won't suit you.

god bless the precious alphas

- said the saltiest man who ever lived 

A total server wipe is a horrible idea at a time when the devs are delivering very high end content. Who is going to test the content if no one is prepared enough to test it? If you try to say you will then obviously you havn't done high end breeding and boss fights because that can take hundreds of hours to prepare for on official servers.

2 hours ago, Rexford said:

A total server wipe is a horrible idea at a time when the devs are delivering very high end content. Who is going to test the content if no one is prepared enough to test it? If you try to say you will then obviously you havn't done high end breeding and boss fights because that can take hundreds of hours to prepare for on official servers.

The wipe in question is an official release wipe

I'm sure someone already said this but this thread is pointless, as is any thread calling for a server wipe. 

Not going to happen. 

If they did, they'd lose the HUGE majority of their players. I know I'd quit and never touch the game again. Just done way too much work, put in too many hours to lose it. I'd request a refund, file suit if need be for damages, and never play it again - and I'm not the only one. There would probably be a mass-suit with a lot of players being represented in a single suit. And I'm sure Wildcard knows that, and aren't that stupid. 

42 minutes ago, fruitofvictory said:

I'm sure someone already said this but this thread is pointless, as is any thread calling for a server wipe. 

Not going to happen. 

If they did, they'd lose the HUGE majority of their players. I know I'd quit and never touch the game again. Just done way too much work, put in too many hours to lose it. I'd request a refund, file suit if need be for damages, and never play it again - and I'm not the only one. There would probably be a mass-suit with a lot of players being represented in a single suit. And I'm sure Wildcard knows that, and aren't that stupid. 

You wouldn't have a leg to stand on lol it is an early access game. You are not entitled to keep anything upon official release. And yes some people might stop playing because they are lazy. Everybody has lost a lot. The fact that some people think they are special and should be able to keep everything is just sad.

1 hour ago, SlipperySquid said:

@fruitofvictory There are whole servers cheating/exploiting currently. Hell there are alliances of servers with people hacking/cheating/exploiting/scripting. So you can throw that theory out the window.

Then -those- servers can get wiped. But on my server, nothing like that goes on besides instances of single people who try to glitch / exploit to grief others. And thats how most servers on Official are. You can't convince me otherwise. 

Anyway, moot point, no wipe will be happening. 

1 hour ago, fruitofvictory said:

Then -those- servers can get wiped. But on my server, nothing like that goes on besides instances of single people who try to glitch / exploit to grief others. And thats how most servers on Official are. You can't convince me otherwise. 

Anyway, moot point, no wipe will be happening. 

The reason i do not play that often anymore is because i know the top 3 Alliances which all have well over 400 members in there alliances share everything breeds/glitches/exploits/Duping methods/scripts. The works.

These mega alpha alliances own more then 20 servers each. They lose one they go raid 3 more and grow across an even larger amount. WC needs to start looking in to disabling the alliance feature or banning alliances of people associated with people who glitch/exploit/dupe/script. 

At the end of the day you are right it is a moot point because no wipe will happen. To be honest a wipe should never happen until they fix the issues like duping/scripting.

Against wipes, well  on PVE anyway and if they did they would lose loads of active players. Why should a see the effort I have put in on my server wiped just because some people spit the dummy, if you want a fresh server play on the ones at release. Do you think Alpha tribes just now won't just get back to being Alpha if there is a wipe.

A love how these threads keep coming up when no doubt you seen the post saying they won't get wiped apart from low population servers. Making the same posts with the same people agreeing won't make them change there mind.

Archived