Official wipe (been awhile)

Volcano637

On 5/17/2017 at 6:49 PM, icycold2367 said:

But you have to consider time invested as well. Ive put more time in this game than any other game. With that being said from the business standpoint new players is great and all but losing a dedicated player with 2k plus hours in game is a bigger hit. I personally wouldnt mind paying for the game monthly with a grace period for new players as well. On that note though if there is a full wipe with a monthly charge it wont make any difference to new players at all. Look at the center prim plus and scorched all maps pit us against each other fresh. They were tests in a way and their results all ended up the same. Alphas will always develop all a wipe without changing mechanics will do is kill the alphas for them to return a week later. To my understanding all i see here is "i got wiped by a alpha its unfair they invested more time than me and are more experienced so devs need to wipe them!" both sides will always argue but in the end i believe a wipe will only lower their player base. 

Yeah but its a game you havent accomplished anything other than playing a game to waste time. Ive bought the game twice and have played since day one on pc over 1k hrs now over two k on xbox. The point is it is a game and you just sit there wasting time playing it anyways. 

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/17/2017 at 6:49 PM, icycold2367 said:

But you have to consider time invested as well. Ive put more time in this game than any other game. With that being said from the business standpoint new players is great and all but losing a dedicated player with 2k plus hours in game is a bigger hit. I personally wouldnt mind paying for the game monthly with a grace period for new players as well. On that note though if there is a full wipe with a monthly charge it wont make any difference to new players at all. Look at the center prim plus and scorched all maps pit us against each other fresh. They were tests in a way and their results all ended up the same. Alphas will always develop all a wipe without changing mechanics will do is kill the alphas for them to return a week later. To my understanding all i see here is "i got wiped by a alpha its unfair they invested more time than me and are more experienced so devs need to wipe them!" both sides will always argue but in the end i believe a wipe will only lower their player base. 

And on the note of the alpha wiping im in an alliance with an alpha that holds title on three servers and they all agree there needs to be a full wipe so they can start fresh and we can all join 1 tribe and play together better. 

My point of the post above is theres a reason major mmo's extremely rarely wipe. Its bad for business in general because like Mighty said you arnt fixing anything at all. All theyd do is punish all their dedicated fanbase. A good example is the three day rollback. Does anyone even recall that backlash? The statement of new players is irrelevant ive restarted many times on purpose and made it up this game is more diplomatic than pvp if all you wanna do is kill things then expect the same in return. 

First off I want to thank @mleii for turning me onto this interview https://www.twitch.tv/videos/144399137?t=1551

i appreciate it. I listened to the whole thing and there is lots of good info in the interview. I always like hearing from the devs.

to the topic at hand. One thing that was asked about was the official wipe. We all know that any interview will always have that question. Kayd very explicitly said that he could not give any info officially on the matter. 

The thing that made me hopeful was that the interviewers did ask his opinion. His opinion was if it was up to him that he would wipe the servers. He also said when all of the devs come together and take the vote on an official wipe he would be there and have a say in the matter.

it was refreshing to know that atleast one dev wants the official wipe, I only wish we could get a couple more devs opinions. And kayd doesn't want a wipe because of some alpha that wiped him. He truly loves the game and realizes that it would be better for the health of the game.

now it is time for my opinion. I am in no means speaking on an official capacity. I cannot stress enough that I am not speaking for the devs. Please let that be known. Having said that, the wipe will happen. In my opinion, the reason the devs won't give a yes or no answer is because no matter what there will be a lot of people that will be very angry. Even kayd knew that.

they are doing the smart thing by waiting until the last minute to make their decision public. Yes, people will be mad but they would be mad if they let people know right now anyway. Nobody knows what will happen except them. Even I don't know but I still have my opinion and all signs point to yes for many different reasons. Kayd gave plenty of good ones himself.

44 minutes ago, Volcano637 said:

Ok we get it you want a wipe, u say it in post throughout the pages and I'm sure a lot of the time is so you can bump it back to top of page 1.  I think you believe that in doing so you can make it happen. 

For everyone that wants a wipe then there is someone who doesn't, they have said in the past it won't happen and a I believe and hope they stick to their word

This topic has been done to death may it rest in peace until the announce anything else ?............

But I'm sure if it gets back to page 3 in the forums you will find some rubbish to post back and bump it ?

34 minutes ago, mighty said:

Ok we get it you want a wipe, u say it in post throughout the pages and I'm sure a lot of the time is so you can bump it back to top of page 1.  I think you believe that in doing so you can make it happen. 

For everyone that wants a wipe then there is someone who doesn't, they have said in the past it won't happen and a I believe and hope they stick to their word

This topic has been done to death may it rest in peace until the announce anything else ?............

But I'm sure if it gets back to page 3 in the forums you will find some rubbish to post back and bump it ?

Actually I came in here with new and relevant information for people. Not everyone has gotten the chance to see it.

and regardless of what they have said a long time ago, they have said nothing along those lines in any of the recent interviews. The only thing that has changed is that now we know that even a dev would vote for a wipe. That is new info. All you did was try to stop me from speaking in a public forum. Shame on you

1 hour ago, Volcano637 said:

First off I want to thank @mleii for turning me onto this interview https://www.twitch.tv/videos/144399137?t=1551

i appreciate it. I listened to the whole thing and there is lots of good info in the interview. I always like hearing from the devs.

to the topic at hand. One thing that was asked about was the official wipe. We all know that any interview will always have that question. Kayd very explicitly said that he could not give any info officially on the matter. 

The thing that made me hopeful was that the interviewers did ask his opinion. His opinion was if it was up to him that he would wipe the servers. He also said when all of the devs come together and take the vote on an official wipe he would be there and have a say in the matter.

it was refreshing to know that atleast one dev wants the official wipe, I only wish we could get a couple more devs opinions. And kayd doesn't want a wipe because of some alpha that wiped him. He truly loves the game and realizes that it would be better for the health of the game.

now it is time for my opinion. I am in no means speaking on an official capacity. I cannot stress enough that I am not speaking for the devs. Please let that be known. Having said that, the wipe will happen. In my opinion, the reason the devs won't give a yes or no answer is because no matter what there will be a lot of people that will be very angry. Even kayd knew that.

they are doing the smart thing by waiting until the last minute to make their decision public. Yes, people will be mad but they would be mad if they let people know right now anyway. Nobody knows what will happen except them. Even I don't know but I still have my opinion and all signs point to yes for many different reasons. Kayd gave plenty of good ones himself.

He also said that keeping his hope that people play the game, because they like entire gameplay mechanics , not because of things they achieved in the game. If there are more people who stick to the game, because of what they achived and don't like gameplay mechanics much, Wildcard will lose a lot of players after the wipe. I agree what he said there will be enormous amount of angry players regadless what they are going to do. 

Also, the one thing that made me say "Finally!" was statement that 258 will be the last content update in Early Access. We are entering beta phase.

16 minutes ago, Lewiatan said:

He also said that keeping his hope that people play the game, because they like entire gameplay mechanics , not because of things they achieved in the game. If there are more people who stick to the game, because of what they achived and don't like gameplay mechanics much, Wildcard will lose a lot of players after the wipe. I agree what he said there will be enormous amount of angry players regadless what they are going to do. 

Also, the one thing that made me say "Finally!" was statement that 258 will be the last content update in Early Access. We are entering beta phase.

They will probably lose slot of players either way. The bottom line with come down to the almighty dollar. And yes there are a lot of reasons to wipe, not just because players are angry.

and I am also thankful that content will finally stop and they can start working on optimizations.

• Volunteer Moderator

1 hour ago, mighty said:

This topic has been done to death may it rest in peace until the announce anything else ?............

Agreed. And in my opinion this thread (as have so many before them ad nauseam) has run its course.

We can tackle this subject again when new, official information from Wildcard has been released.

Archived