PVE Titano egg collecting

BFFKimgy

7 hours ago, powerstuck said:

A fellow ark player in the past built a trap-house for snakes.

The trick is to build it on edge of swamp where a lot of snakes wander in the clear (think about the area near redwoods, central river, west swamp meet. 

Idealy, you use 3 dinosaur (small not behemot) gateways and gates in a line. Then wall around...Gate 1 and Gate 3 are entry/exit points. Gate 2 is the separator. Build walls and roof with ceilings. Idealy you would use greenhouse ceilings so can see what's happening underneath. 

Place a chair or bench (or the few of) on the roof. The building can be like 3 walls high. Also prepare to have smaller doors for exit or ladders (do not use ramps). 

Open gate 1 but leave gate 2 and 3 close. Go ahead and aggro the snakes and have them follow you thru gate 1. As the snakes enter and are aggroed on you, quickly exit and have a partner close gate 1, then you both head to the roof and sit on a chair having a nice chat about your favorite sport. The sneakes will stay rendered and will be eventually producing eggs. Once you see enough eggs on the ground (that's why you need greenhouse roof) you can open gate 3 (optional) and then with the assistance of your friend. One of you two will open gate 2 white the other one will aggro the snakes to follow him (the gate master will then close the gate 2). 

Once snakes are out or killed (your choice) you are free to enter first half of building and collect the eggs. 

wqait im pretty sure theres one of those on the server i play on LOL ill have a go at that 

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 03/03/2017 at 8:47 PM, vanyelxp5 said:

Titanboas are the exception to this rule. They can be carried in pve. At least, according to patch notes they can be... I have not personally tried it yet.

That would destroy the whole point of disabling wild pickups and would be incredibly dumb on the devs part since it's disabled to stop people picking up dangerous stuff to throw in a player's base. If that's the case they should enable all pickups since titanoboas are up there in the list of worst thing to have in your base as a beginner to midgame player

My first server i taught a tribe how to do it for getting beetles out of caves. Next thing i know he was fly quetzals with ramps into peoples bases, then would fly a argy and a wild scorpian in. The scorp would attack the other tribes tames and he would fly above his quetzal and the tame would walk up the ramp to kill the scorp. Then he fly away with the tame on the quetzal. Once people figured out what he was doing it didnt take long before he was wiped

11 minutes ago, ishi said:

My first server i taught a tribe how to do it for getting beetles out of caves. Next thing i know he was fly quetzals with ramps into peoples bases, then would fly a argy and a wild scorpian in. The scorp would attack the other tribes tames and he would fly above his quetzal and the tame would walk up the ramp to kill the scorp. Then he fly away with the tame on the quetzal. Once people figured out what he was doing it didnt take long before he was wiped

Dang that sucks...

But thanks guys I'll test out the grapple :) (In a non-pvp environment ofc)

1 hour ago, BFFKimgy said:

Update on the whole situation: We trapped some snakes in a pen we found somewhere and it only took 10+ hours to get 7 eggs, wow, so fast, me and my friend really enjoyed doing this.......

For clarification, did you periodically come and pick them up or did you show up after 10 hours? They spoil on the ground and I think there's a maximum of 8 in a given area. Also remember, as with any dino getting a lot of eggs doesn't happen in one sitting. Take your time or you'll get frustrated with this slow-paced game.

On Saturday, March 04, 2017 at 1:47 AM, vanyelxp5 said:

Titanboas are the exception to this rule. They can be carried in pve. At least, according to patch notes they can be... I have not personally tried it yet.

Would like to see this tested. If I get the chance tonight I will if not, the weekend.

I'm thinking on building a pen for them at a spawn I am near, hear me out.

I'll build 3 gates one in front of the other on top foundations and wall around. I build a roof but low enough the gate sticks out over the top so I can open and close the center gate in safety standing on the ceiling. From there I bait the boas into the room, shut the gate and play the waiting game. Move into separate room via center gate as mentioned in someone else's design but this feels more compact.

Also do tamed oviraptor have an affect on wild boas?

Archived