PVE Titano egg collecting

BFFKimgy

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can get a fair amount of eggs in caves. Just afk for 5-10 minutes in the mouth of the cave (I recommend Volc or SC Water cave) and then do a run. I just finished farming up about 50 of them to do one of the new bearcatllamaraptorsloths this morning using this method.

Though a cage on SE works well, if you can't pick up wild dinos in PvE, that's a bunk.  

21 minutes ago, iAmE said:

You can get a fair amount of eggs in caves. Just afk for 5-10 minutes in the mouth of the cave (I recommend Volc or SC Water cave) and then do a run. I just finished farming up about 50 of them to do one of the new bearcatllamaraptorsloths this morning using this method.

Though a cage on SE works well, if you can't pick up wild dinos in PvE, that's a bunk.  

well i wanered the se desert for 7 hours and got 3 eggs so maybe ill try a cave tomorrow LOL cheers

3 minutes ago, BFFKimgy said:

well i wanered the se desert for 7 hours and got 3 eggs so maybe ill try a cave tomorrow LOL cheers

A good thing to remember is that Dino's have to be out of stasis (Rendered) in order to lay eggs. So, unless you spent time in each area, significant amounts of it, wandering is counter productive as you're bringing new dinos out of stasis (They weren't laying eggs) and putting old ones back into stasis (Which were capable of laying eggs). Iirc the only exception to this is the Mantis, which obeys the old legacy egg rules (And even then, only in unknown). 

Caves are the most effective as it's usually a condensed number of snakes (Good chance of mate boost) in a small area (So you can keep it rendered). The mistake most people make is they just walk into the cave and immediately chew through the cave. You have to give the snakes 5-10 minutes rendered in order for them to lay eggs. 

1 hour ago, iAmE said:

A good thing to remember is that Dino's have to be out of stasis (Rendered) in order to lay eggs. So, unless you spent time in each area, significant amounts of it, wandering is counter productive as you're bringing new dinos out of stasis (They weren't laying eggs) and putting old ones back into stasis (Which were capable of laying eggs). Iirc the only exception to this is the Mantis, which obeys the old legacy egg rules (And even then, only in unknown). 

Caves are the most effective as it's usually a condensed number of snakes (Good chance of mate boost) in a small area (So you can keep it rendered). The mistake most people make is they just walk into the cave and immediately chew through the cave. You have to give the snakes 5-10 minutes rendered in order for them to lay eggs. 

i spend 20 hours a day researching the egg laying of dinos in the hopes ofactually gettin eggs ik what im doin rnjesus just hates me LOL

32 minutes ago, StoneyDiagram2008 said:

Yea its not easy. We have tried snake traps on official PvE servers... Snakes just glitch right out or despawn. I occasionally find one in the caves or on dunes in SE, but I have been trading for them on here or on my home server. Have accomplished getting 67 lol

Care to share what youre trading for them?

A fellow ark player in the past built a trap-house for snakes.

The trick is to build it on edge of swamp where a lot of snakes wander in the clear (think about the area near redwoods, central river, west swamp meet. 

Idealy, you use 3 dinosaur (small not behemot) gateways and gates in a line. Then wall around...Gate 1 and Gate 3 are entry/exit points. Gate 2 is the separator. Build walls and roof with ceilings. Idealy you would use greenhouse ceilings so can see what's happening underneath. 

Place a chair or bench (or the few of) on the roof. The building can be like 3 walls high. Also prepare to have smaller doors for exit or ladders (do not use ramps). 

Open gate 1 but leave gate 2 and 3 close. Go ahead and aggro the snakes and have them follow you thru gate 1. As the snakes enter and are aggroed on you, quickly exit and have a partner close gate 1, then you both head to the roof and sit on a chair having a nice chat about your favorite sport. The sneakes will stay rendered and will be eventually producing eggs. Once you see enough eggs on the ground (that's why you need greenhouse roof) you can open gate 3 (optional) and then with the assistance of your friend. One of you two will open gate 2 white the other one will aggro the snakes to follow him (the gate master will then close the gate 2). 

Once snakes are out or killed (your choice) you are free to enter first half of building and collect the eggs. 

32 minutes ago, powerstuck said:

The trick is to build it on edge of swamp where a lot of snakes wander in the clear (think about the area near redwoods, central river, west swamp meet. 

Idealy, you use 3 dinosaur (small not behemot) gateways and gates in a line. Then wall around...Gate 1 and Gate 3 are entry/exit points. Gate 2 is the separator. Build walls and roof with ceilings. Idealy you would use greenhouse ceilings so can see what's happening underneath. 

Place a chair or bench (or the few of) on the roof. The building can be like 3 walls high. Also prepare to have smaller doors for exit or ladders (do not use ramps). 

Open gate 1 but leave gate 2 and 3 close. Go ahead and aggro the snakes and have them follow you thru gate 1. As the snakes enter and are aggroed on you, quickly exit and have a partner close gate 1, then you both head to the roof and sit on a chair having a nice chat about your favorite sport. The sneakes will stay rendered and will be eventually producing eggs. Once you see enough eggs on the ground (that's why you need greenhouse roof) you can open gate 3 (optional) and then with the assistance of your friend. One of you two will open gate 2 white the other one will aggro the snakes to follow him (the gate master will then close the gate 2). 

Once snakes are out or killed (your choice) you are free to enter first half of building and collect the eggs. 

Great ideas mate

49 minutes ago, VicRattlehed said:

Care to share what youre trading for them?

BPs, fert eggs, mutated dinos... Anything people want from me I sell it for eggs (if they have them). And i dont ask for ridiculous amounts of eggs for my items either. Probably how i ended up with so many. Examples: sold a mastercraft rex saddle BP for 10 kibble. Sold a mcraft fishing rod and mcraft fishing rod bp for 25 eggs.

3 hours ago, powerstuck said:

From what I have l learned, I was under the impression that rendered wild dinos will not lay eggs. Only at the moment they render is there a chance of them laying eggs.( I.E. render the wild dinos ( snakes ), then move out of render distance, wait a couple minutes then come back to render them again and they might lay eggs.)

Has anyone actually sat around waiting for the snakes to lay eggs and that works?

23 minutes ago, Kman03 said:

From what I have l learned, I was under the impression that rendered wild dinos will not lay eggs. Only at the moment they render is there a chance of them laying eggs.( I.E. render the wild dinos ( snakes ), then move out of render distance, wait a couple minutes then come back to render them again and they might lay eggs.)

Has anyone actually sat around waiting for the snakes to lay eggs and that works?

You might be thinking about the Mantis, that is how that one works.

As far as I know, the rest lay eggs every 17 minutes unless they have an Oviraptor nearby and are not an insect, then they lay eggs more often (11 minutes 20 seconds).

3 hours ago, StoneyDiagram2008 said:

BPs, fert eggs, mutated dinos... Anything people want from me I sell it for eggs (if they have them). And i dont ask for ridiculous amounts of eggs for my items either. Probably how i ended up with so many. Examples: sold a mastercraft rex saddle BP for 10 kibble. Sold a mcraft fishing rod and mcraft fishing rod bp for 25 eggs.

Awesome, thank you. I was wondering what kind of a baseline to use :-D

Archived