Obtaining a quetz on xbox

APsychoSloth

Obtaining a quetz on xbox

Looking for good quetz taming strategies that don't involve another quetz with a trap build. Attempts to use an argy or ptera have resulted in all shots hitting them due to glitching into the legs. The leg issue also being a factor when trying to bola a Tapejara out of the air when trying to tame it to use for a quetz.

21 minutes ago, danjocon said:

My tribemate and I attempted a quetz tame last night. I found if the petra is in front and above the quetz you end usually don't end up hitting your bird. Unfortunately for us after several issues we finally had the quetz almost KOed when it flew into a nearby base and got shredded by the turrets.

turrets set on wild? Who does that???

Yepp use a fast ptera. Carry your person above and in front of quetz allows for headshots and doesn't often hit the bird because he is aiming straight down. Also when you get in a good position angle ur bird up slightly.  If you have an extra member to follow the quetz on another bird do it in case you lose it or need to land for stamina. 

We just put one down no problem two days ago

1 minute ago, scotte93 said:

Yepp use a fast ptera. Carry your person above and in front of quetz allows for headshots and doesn't often hit the bird because he is aiming straight down. Also when you get in a good position angle ur bird up slightly.  If you have an extra member to follow the quetz on another bird do it in case you lose it or need to land for stamina. 

We just put one down no problem two days ago

So what do you consider a fast ptera? typically folks use Argen's any reason not to just go that route?  The advantage being you can typically carry all the gear necessary to keep the Quetzal safe including spiked walls or dino gates

• Volunteer Moderator
2 minutes ago, Grimlock98 said:

1. Tame a ptera

2. use ptera to tame an argent

3. find a low level quetz

4. carry friend in the legs of argent, fly ABOVE the quetz to shoot tranqs

5. pump all points into speed, make a platform saddle and then have friend stand on it and find a high level Quetz

Can you not shoot from ptera while being carried? Why tame a extra bird?

Just now, Captnmorgan said:

Can you not shoot from ptera while being carried? Why tame a extra bird?

sure you can do that, i just find the stamina on an argent to be worth more.  i love pteras but overly fast ones can be a pain to use to tame.  plus they might have speed but they still use some stamina.

lastly Argents are one of the best animals in ark, just my opinion, heck im on a Quetz ban, i love Quetz but the game goes by too fast for me and i end up getting bored too quick

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, Grimlock98 said:

sure you can do that, i just find the stamina on an argent to be worth more.  i love pteras but overly fast ones can be a pain to use to tame.  plus they might have speed but they still use some stamina.

lastly Argents are one of the best animals in ark, just my opinion, heck im on a Quetz ban, i love Quetz but the game goes by too fast for me and i end up getting bored too quick

Yeah I like argents I was just curios.. I used to do argent with scorpion on aggressive ... not sure if that's still valid method ... since switch to PS4 from pc still in building phase lol...

49 minutes ago, Melcreif said:

turrets set on wild? Who does that???

Yeah, I was surprised too. The quetzal kept hanging around their base, but it wasn't until the end when it flew right over their main turret covered base that it got shot. I've also seen another tribe leave plant x on wild dino's, after their base got wiped i was able to walk right up to it and take its fertilizer.

14 minutes ago, PapaPoof said:

I used the grappling hook on my speed argy, then used the spy glass to "attack target" until I caught up with the quetz then whistle stop take some shots and repeat

That sounds like an awesome solo method, although the one issue I see is that it could be hard to stop the bird from following the quetz into hostile airspace.

Archived