(Xbox One) This game has now just died for me...

ProjectDanny

On 1/17/2016 at 10:22 PM, ProjectDanny said:

So we started on new servers the moment they open up this morning been playing all day got to level 30 we got 3 trikes and farmed narcho berries and such we made 400 narcotics and we all had crossbows and decent armor and all of us had 200+ Hp...

So we decided to go tame a sort of mid range dire wolf... so all 5 of us set out with 2 trikes and 2 raptors trikes was level 89 and other 102 and raptors was both level 80...

We finally found a dire wolf alone level 98... so we all got ready and before any of us could do anything it 1 shot my friend so now their is 4 of us.... so we shot it with arrows.... another player dead 3 left... Then my other friend dead 2 hits... 2 players left so we tried to run... dead... and dead... We all died...

The trikes and raptors all died in less than 30 seconds and we lost 14 hours worth of work to a level 98 dire wolf...

GG Thanks for making this patch ruin the game for us we no longer see any reason to play the dinosaur now suck and can't do anything and all wild dinosaurs are stupidly OP

I mean come on its only 5th day in game on server and their is level 120 everywhere?  What a joke... sorry bit we are all leaving for a better game...

Rage dog that was your fault 

• 5 weeks later...

Lol this thread cracks me up - I attempted to solo tame a level 100 direwolf yesterday, I'm something like a level 75 or so, and I had with me 2 rexes. Obviously I have full flak armor, and I have the heavy miners helmet (which offers more protection than the flak helmet) - After finally tracking the direwolf down, I killed some of the other wolfs around it, and proceeded to hit it with tranq darts - at which point it ran away - So I jump off my rex, set them to follow, and start chasing. After getting probably 1, maybe 2 more darts in the wolf, he got close to another wolf pack, and they turned on me - All pieces of my armor broke, and, as a result of my rexes getting stuck on a rock, my rexes where no where to be seen - Now, I somehow managed to get back to my rex - but at this point, I'm in the snow biome, completely naked, and freezing to death, not to mention, I probably have like 20 health left. So I had to abandon the plan, and just head home.

There are multiple points I am trying to make with this story:

A. Direwolves are vicious - I had 0 problem taming a level 100 rex, but those direwolves almost did me in.

B. No matter your level or equipment, you'll need a plan, running up and shooting them in the open is never a good idea (I had wanted to build a taming pen, but I couldn't build anywhere because someone put pillars over the entire snow biome)

C. During these events, my heart was pounding, as I was attempting to get back to my rexes, I stood up and was as involved at that moment in the video game as I have ever been in any game ever. The fact this game is so hard - the fact that I can be a high level, with some of the best armor, and get that close to dying (1 more hit and I was probably done) trying to tame a single wolf.... Man, that is what is so amazing about this game - I was so amped up after these events I couldn't go to sleep for 2 hours..  There is not another game that is able to draw me into that degree, and that is why I cannot put it down. It's not supposed to be easy (though, with 5 people, I would guess it probably would be)

Either way, stop complaining, learn to do stuff you are capable of doing - if you attempt to do something beyond your level, well, you are probably gonna die - that's how its supposed to be!!

15 minutes ago, tylerheil said:

Lol this thread cracks me up - I attempted to solo tame a level 100 direwolf yesterday, I'm something like a level 75 or so, and I had with me 2 rexes. Obviously I have full flak armor, and I have the heavy miners helmet (which offers more protection than the flak helmet) - After finally tracking the direwolf down, I killed some of the other wolfs around it, and proceeded to hit it with tranq darts - at which point it ran away - So I jump off my rex, set them to follow, and start chasing. After getting probably 1, maybe 2 more darts in the wolf, he got close to another wolf pack, and they turned on me - All pieces of my armor broke, and, as a result of my rexes getting stuck on a rock, my rexes where no where to be seen - Now, I somehow managed to get back to my rex - but at this point, I'm in the snow biome, completely naked, and freezing to death, not to mention, I probably have like 20 health left. So I had to abandon the plan, and just head home.

There are multiple points I am trying to make with this story:

A. Direwolves are vicious - I had 0 problem taming a level 100 rex, but those direwolves almost did me in.

B. No matter your level or equipment, you'll need a plan, running up and shooting them in the open is never a good idea (I had wanted to build a taming pen, but I couldn't build anywhere because someone put pillars over the entire snow biome)

C. During these events, my heart was pounding, as I was attempting to get back to my rexes, I stood up and was as involved at that moment in the video game as I have ever been in any game ever. The fact this game is so hard - the fact that I can be a high level, with some of the best armor, and get that close to dying (1 more hit and I was probably done) trying to tame a single wolf.... Man, that is what is so amazing about this game - I was so amped up after these events I couldn't go to sleep for 2 hours..  There is not another game that is able to draw me into that degree, and that is why I cannot put it down. It's not supposed to be easy (though, with 5 people, I would guess it probably would be)

Either way, stop complaining, learn to do stuff you are capable of doing - if you attempt to do something beyond your level, well, you are probably gonna die - that's how its supposed to be!!

I like this guy...

On 1/17/2016 at 11:22 PM, ProjectDanny said:

So we started on new servers the moment they open up this morning been playing all day got to level 30 we got 3 trikes and farmed narcho berries and such we made 400 narcotics and we all had crossbows and decent armor and all of us had 200+ Hp...

So we decided to go tame a sort of mid range dire wolf... so all 5 of us set out with 2 trikes and 2 raptors trikes was level 89 and other 102 and raptors was both level 80...

We finally found a dire wolf alone level 98... so we all got ready and before any of us could do anything it 1 shot my friend so now their is 4 of us.... so we shot it with arrows.... another player dead 3 left... Then my other friend dead 2 hits... 2 players left so we tried to run... dead... and dead... We all died...

The trikes and raptors all died in less than 30 seconds and we lost 14 hours worth of work to a level 98 dire wolf...

GG Thanks for making this patch ruin the game for us we no longer see any reason to play the dinosaur now suck and can't do anything and all wild dinosaurs are stupidly OP

I mean come on its only 5th day in game on server and their is level 120 everywhere?  What a joke... sorry bit we are all leaving for a better game...

It happens 

Praise jaff

On 17/01/2016 at 3:22 PM, ProjectDanny said:

Create a taming pen.  Pick the dire wolf up with an Argent and drop it in the pen.  It will make it a whole lot easier to tame and no on will be hurt

*takes some low level trikes and raptors to the snow biome, expects not to die*

*dies*

*World rejoices over open server slots.*

but seriously, you have to be prepared. My tribemates and I got it into our heads to tame a giga. We ground for a week, tamed TWO brontos for the narcotics, and generally worked our asses off. We arrive at the giga, argis, sabers, and pteradons in hand. We proceed to get mauled and lose everything except my argi. We learned our lesson, tamed a quetzal, came back next week. And now we have a lvl 83 giga named big fish.

this games is about knowing your limits. On my new server we're heading out to carno island on friday. We are only bringing three raptors and a trike, but I built a taming raft complete with a tower out of carno and rex reach with a trike for narcotics. A smithy for armor and weapon repairs. Since its a boat if the poop hits the fan we can load up all the dinos and get the raptor out of there. You cant just waltz up with a trike at level 30 with hide armor and tame such a powerful mount.

tbh, I wouldn't tackle any wolf if it just had 2 trikes and 2 wolves. I would've tamed an argent then level up its stamina. Then I would leave my trikes and raptors at base and take myself and one other guy to tame a dire wolf (one guy on argent, you being carried by argent). Then once we find a wolf, I would either A. get dropped somewhere safe and let the argent rider pick it up or B. continued being carried by argent and knock out the dire wolf while being carried. I would rather chose A. but if there were more then one dire wolf I would do B. If there was more than one I would have a second argent to pick up the highest level dire wolf and take it somewhere safe, then the guy who isn't carrying it would land and shoot it.

Archived