(Xbox One) This game has now just died for me...

ProjectDanny

So we started on new servers the moment they open up this morning been playing all day got to level 30 we got 3 trikes and farmed narcho berries and such we made 400 narcotics and we all had crossbows and decent armor and all of us had 200+ Hp...

So we decided to go tame a sort of mid range dire wolf... so all 5 of us set out with 2 trikes and 2 raptors trikes was level 89 and other 102 and raptors was both level 80...

We finally found a dire wolf alone level 98... so we all got ready and before any of us could do anything it 1 shot my friend so now their is 4 of us.... so we shot it with arrows.... another player dead 3 left... Then my other friend dead 2 hits... 2 players left so we tried to run... dead... and dead... We all died...

The trikes and raptors all died in less than 30 seconds and we lost 14 hours worth of work to a level 98 dire wolf...

GG Thanks for making this patch ruin the game for us we no longer see any reason to play the dinosaur now suck and can't do anything and all wild dinosaurs are stupidly OP

I mean come on its only 5th day in game on server and their is level 120 everywhere?  What a joke... sorry bit we are all leaving for a better game...

What other choice do we have? The lowest wolf we seen is like level 60 for some silly reason  there's nothing but high level wolf's and level 30 with 5 people should be perfectly fine how can you famous even justify a level 98 fire wolf taking out everything I  60 seconds your everything that's wrong with the world jesus

The dino nerf has got nothing to do with you failing to tame something, it's more to do with brains, tactics and experience which you learn as you level up.

1. Always keep your tamed animals WELL away from any things you are trying to tame, especially if it's on attempted the tames dinner menu.  Some animals won't be on a certain animals lunch menu so you can leave them there and the tame won't attempt to attack it, ie your owned rex would not be attacked by a wild raptor you're trying to tame since raptors don't eat rexs in the wild.

2. Use the terrain effectively, slopes, hills, rocks, trees, stand on them, run between them, kite, kite, kite.

3. Make sure to be in full flak armour with a few stats in your movement speed, or make sure one of you has high movement speed and he can kite it while you take it down.

4. Think about building something to help, like a small 2 or 3 high pen with a door and 1 wall left open.  Someone can kite the wolf in there and leave through the door and once the animals in you place the last wall up.  Then build a ramp outside so you can stand and shoot it from the outside.

5. If you can't carry it by bird then use a ptera and kite it to a more suitable location for the tame, or kite it to a taming pen as mentioned in 4 above - some people have one at their base and regularly bring things to it by flier.

2 hours ago, ProjectDanny said:

What other choice do we have? The lowest wolf we seen is like level 60 for some silly reason  there's nothing but high level wolf's and level 30 with 5 people should be perfectly fine how can you famous even justify a level 98 fire wolf taking out everything I  60 seconds your everything that's wrong with the world jesus

What choice? Keep looking.

Having the tamed dinos stats nearly the same as wild makes every fight you have with them a gamble. I personally think it shouldn't be that way, after taming something for hours and hours then it being 50/50 to weather it will survive the fight doesn't seem right. Our time invested alone should make it so the dinos are at least somewhat more powerful. Either that or now lower taming times to enable people to reclaim lost animals faster. West zone one is a "medium" area yet there are wilds around the lvl 100 mark to me at level 1 that's not medium difficulty. That's a joke. Good luck hunting with two hit break spears.

3 hours ago, Jen said:

Wild dino stats have not changed. Tamed dino stats were lowered to be more balanced to the wild population. Unlevelled tames are now similarly as strong to their wild counterparts.

Kind of true there aren't equivalent for 120+ tames... so a 180 born dino was reset to random level 120 stats or less ... 

5 minutes ago, tyrant tommy said:

Kind of true there aren't equivalent for 120+ tames... so a 180 born dino was reset to random level 120 stats or less ... 

That is incorrect, all tamed dino stats were scaled down by the same degree. Your baby dino still has better stats than any 120 wild dino of the same type when bred properly, it's the same as it was before the balance in that regard. That's why breeding is an important aspect of the game for those that want the highest levels and strongest creatures possible. You select parent dinos with the best possible stats and breed them together over multiple generations to get super dinos that don't exist in the wild. 

6 hours ago, Jen said:

That is incorrect, all tamed dino stats were scaled down by the same degree. Your baby dino still has better stats than any 120 wild dino of the same type when bred properly, it's the same as it was before the balance in that regard. That's why breeding is an important aspect of the game for those that want the highest levels and strongest creatures possible. You select parent dinos with the best possible stats and breed them together over multiple generations to get super dinos that don't exist in the wild. 

I have a thread in which I discuss the results with a bred dino of mine and the near impossibility of a fresh 150 bred carno only having 150% melee damage. I wish your statement was true but it's not how it played out for a lot of us. 

"[Developer Feedback Request] Tyrant's Breeding Synopsis"

9 minutes ago, tyrant tommy said:

I have a thread in which I discuss the results with a bred dino of mine and the near impossibility of a fresh 150 bred carno only having 150% melee damage. I wish your statement was true but it's not how it played out for a lot of us. 

"[Developer Feedback Request] Tyrant's Breeding Synopsis"

level 150? Sounds like it had trash parents. Take almost ANY 120 wild tamed pair of parents and you should get at least a level 160+ baby even if those parents were TERRIBLE. Our baby wolf we are just raising now has 273% (level 169 1st generation of breeding) with no leveling. Its gonna be a beast when it becomes an adult. I dont know how you got a 150 carno baby but you are doing it wrong. You realize you are supposed to select good parents not just any random two male and female dinos right?

so much of, one says this one guy says opposite :(

I'll have to wait and see for myself, which ofc is the only way to go anyway.

So im not dumb enough to go hitting a lvl 100 when im just 25 but yesterday a rex came into my area ( I left) it went on a rampage lvl 70 something, eventualy it left but it came near to me tho didnt agro me.

today I spent 2 hours taming a trike, if another Rex comes in sees me and the trike we are dead, theres none of this dont fight a high lvl dino, they come looking for a fight and the thought of the time wasted its making me nervous about this game.

TL:DR Hours taming a dino im not going to be happy to loss it to some random massive over lvled wild dino. Especialy when it can happen 1 min after iv tamed another.

6 minutes ago, Jackobite said:

So im not dumb enough to go hitting a lvl 100 when im just 25 but yesterday a rex came into my area ( I left) it went on a rampage lvl 70 something, eventualy it left but it came near to me tho didnt agro me.

today I spent 2 hours taming a trike, if another Rex comes in sees me and the trike we are dead, theres none of this dont fight a high lvl dino, they come looking for a fight and the thought of the time wasted its making me nervous about this game.

TL:DR Hours taming a dino im not going to be happy to loss it to some random massive over lvled wild dino. Especialy when it can happen 1 min after iv tamed another.

That's the highs and lows of a survival game. It's not supposed to be an easy thing. If you're worried about wild dinos, build an outer ring of walls past your main walls. Wilds won't be able to get close enough to agro

13 minutes ago, Jackobite said:

Now you have that one trike you can tame like 10 at a time with the berries you gather from it. An army of herbivores can fight off one wild rex. My second day on my current server I tamed like 12 stegos, 5 trikes, a doed, an anky and dodos :P

23 minutes ago, Jackobite said:

Still no need to fight - one thing I do is to stand far enough away from a tame that if anything comes along then they go for me first and not the tame. 

Keep your eyes open for things and then if anything comes near you then you can run like mad and kite it away from the tame then agro it on something else - do a huge circle and sneak back to your tame. This is more easily done if you are on a Ptera.

It is pretty standard practice to build a fence round valuable tames to keep them safe.

I'm used to taming things solo with kibble - but with 2 or 3 people there one can be on the Ptera on "kite watch", one can be monitoring narco levels and one can be collecting prime/berries if needed.

Learning about wild dinos and their feeding preferences will help in these kinds of situations along with a few points in movement speed - a Rex should stop to munch on a Stego if you jump on a rock or run far enough away.

1 hour ago, Ceranai said:

level 150? Sounds like it had trash parents. Take almost ANY 120 wild tamed pair of parents and you should get at least a level 160+ baby even if those parents were TERRIBLE. Our baby wolf we are just raising now has 273% (level 169 1st generation of breeding) with no leveling. Its gonna be a beast when it becomes an adult. I dont know how you got a 150 carno baby but you are doing it wrong. You realize you are supposed to select good parents not just any random two male and female dinos right?

You are soo good at this game I wish I could be like you! Good job! Way to not correctly participate or understand a post!

17 minutes ago, tyrant tommy said:

You are soo good at this game I wish I could be like you! Good job! Way to not correctly participate or understand a post!

Im telling you that if you expected a good dinosaur from a level 150 baby you were going in with too high expectations. If you go into breeding with rubbish parents expect a rubbish baby. Melee damage inherits weirdly anyway.

Lol. Who tries to tame a wolf that's 98 at level 30 that unprepared??? U didn't have a gun with tranqs.  U had two trikes n raptors....against wolves....lol. 

Sorry but this is survival evolved. Not I should be able to do everything with anything at any level.

I too have a fondness for direwolves.  I too went on a journey to find one that suited my level. It Took me an hour an a half, but I found a 16. Now Its 46. You have to be tactical and remember one thing, patience is a virtue.

12 hours ago, SallyAnn said:

The dino nerf has got nothing to do with you failing to tame something, it's more to do with brains, tactics and experience which you learn as you level up.

1. Always keep your tamed animals WELL away from any things you are trying to tame, especially if it's on attempted the tames dinner menu.  Some animals won't be on a certain animals lunch menu so you can leave them there and the tame won't attempt to attack it, ie your owned rex would not be attacked by a wild raptor you're trying to tame since raptors don't eat rexs in the wild.

2. Use the terrain effectively, slopes, hills, rocks, trees, stand on them, run between them, kite, kite, kite.

3. Make sure to be in full flak armour with a few stats in your movement speed, or make sure one of you has high movement speed and he can kite it while you take it down.

4. Think about building something to help, like a small 2 or 3 high pen with a door and 1 wall left open.  Someone can kite the wolf in there and leave through the door and once the animals in you place the last wall up.  Then build a ramp outside so you can stand and shoot it from the outside.

5. If you can't carry it by bird then use a ptera and kite it to a more suitable location for the tame, or kite it to a taming pen as mentioned in 4 above - some people have one at their base and regularly bring things to it by flier.

So very much this.  I'm sorry about your bad experience, but you did bring this on yourself.  You were not prepared.  And for the record, we frequently solo or duo tame high levels, so it can be done.  You have to be CAREFUL and lots of planning.  If I find the perfect tame, I'm kiting it to the best taming area I can find or I'm building an elevated platform on a pillar.  If I'm close enough to get hit, I'm doing it wrong and I will die.  Try again. :)  

Archived