ARK your sending the WRONG message

HeatherJo

Or maybe this is exactly the message you intended to send.  Look I understand this is a preview but if you were smart you would at least respond to your future paying customers.  I know you have a policy of no support and no response but from a business standpoint doing the right thing here and at least coming on and saying "hey we know this sucks, we know most of you just suffered great loss and work but we're going to make it right" would go a long ways with a lot of people preview or not.  Instead you send a message of "we don't really care whether or not you play our game".  That's not a very good attitude to send when your in the business that needs people.   Or maybe you figure we can take the hit lose a lot of people, spend a million on a shiny new ad and replace those people easily with new ones that have no idea how flawed the game is.   Even if only for money's sake take care of people and it will benefit you in the end.  

• Volunteer Moderator
3 minutes ago, HeatherJo said:

Or maybe this is exactly the message you intended to send.  Look I understand this is a preview but if you were smart you would at least respond to your future paying customers.  I know you have a policy of no support and no response but from a business standpoint doing the right thing here and at least coming on and saying "hey we know this sucks, we know most of you just suffered great loss and work but we're going to make it right" would go a long ways with a lot of people preview or not.  Instead you send a message of "we don't really care whether or not you play our game".   Even if only for money's sake take care of people and it will benefit you in the end.  

They literally responded to this rollback in the very same thread where they announced they were rolling servers back. They understood that people lost 30~ hours of work levelling, harvesting, building, taming, breeding, etc. so to that end they are implementing an evolution event where even dino raising is increased in order for people to recoup their losses.

I took Vacation Time 27.50 an hour i played for close to 30 hours straight, LOST SOOOO Much, Ignorant idiots run this game. over 30K Gathered Stone, 30K Thatch and 30K wood, 2 Argies, a Scorpion, Anky, Raptor, T-rex,  over 12 levels on my bird over 300 walls put up and over 200 ceilings. Bohemeth gates, 2 generators, 5 lamps, a full greenhouse with irrigation and electric all through my 18 x 21 dino pen, put in up stairs and stalls for individual animals. ALL LOST 30 hours straight gone!  Hundreds of Kibble, Hundreds of Jerky,  2000 Gasoline, 1000 silica pearls, over 200 fertilizer.

But i did get a preserving bin back. 

1 minute ago, ciabattaroll said:

They literally responded to this rollback in the very same thread where they announced they were rolling servers back. They understood that people lost 30~ hours of work levelling, harvesting, building, taming, breeding, etc. so to that end they are implementing an evolution event where even dino raising is increased in order for people to recoup their losses.

Hey man, I know you're a mod, but good lord. 1.5x for a few days doesn't make up for all of that time, taking into account random, irreplaceable luck, people being unable to spend all of that time in the next couple days, and the completely unnecessary nature of the rollback, especially for PVE. Frankly, who cares if someone duplicated anything in PVE? And if they did, and it's so gamebreaking, go find them and fix it, rather than screwing everyone. As you can tell by the dozens of complaints on the thread announcing the rollback (with a sprinkling of a few poor fools that thought it was going to bring their characters back), it's massively unpopular and hurts far more people than it helped. 

9 minutes ago, ciabattaroll said:

that doesnt replace lost time, and this is the easy way out... rolling back servers instead of deleting the duplicates or baning whoever did it on purpose... we are talking of all serverwide 30 hours time versus how many ppl duplicated? this is stupidity itself

• Volunteer Moderator
3 minutes ago, HeatherJo said:

That's my point 1.5 taming isn't a response.  Maybe 3-4x would be a good start 1.5 is almost a slap in the face.  

You very literally said in this thread that "they don't care". That they would increase all parameters INCLUDING raising dinos (something that in previous times has only been reserved for the valentines day event) to help people recover from these rollbacks proves contrary to that.

4 minutes ago, ciabattaroll said:

You very literally said in this thread that "they don't care". That they would increase all parameters INCLUDING raising dinos (something that in previous times has only been reserved for the valentines day event) to help people recover from these rollbacks proves contrary to that.

To me at least and most of my server 1.5 says "we don't care".  Other than raising Dino's this is just common stuff they offer all the time.  

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, HeatherJo said:

To me at least and most of my server 1.5 says "we don't care".  Other than raising Dino's this is just common stuff they offer all the time.  

They indeed do care though, as evidenced by even bothering to adjust rates for people to play catch up. That you and your server feels this way is less "they don't care" and more "they don't care in the way we believe they should care" which is a totally separate thing.

7 minutes ago, ciabattaroll said:

Dude. There are evolution events almost every freaking weekend. That's not to say that they aren't appreciated, but it's not something special to make up for this. Given that fact, the only thing they've done is 1.5x breeding, which really just means that we get to spend the next 20-24 hours making up for the last 30-36 that we wasted twiddling our thumbs. 

Just now, ciabattaroll said:

They indeed do care though, as evidenced by even bothering to adjust rates for people to play catch up. That you and your server feels this way is less "they don't care" and more "they don't care in the way we believe they should care" which is a totally separate thing.

Ok fine not going to argue with you, your interpretation of care is different than ours obviously, sure they threw out a pacifying attempt which could loosely be translated into "we care". enough said on the subject. 

I think they are sending the wrong message by not holding the offenders publicly responsible for what they did. Yes, i know the amazon servers....(insert excuse here.) However, that didnt make people dupe or sploit. People did that and those people caused a massive inconvenience for the rest of us. What are you doing to those people who made the rest of us suffer by their actions? 

That is what I want to know. 

I've been inconvenienced so many times by the devs that it isn't funny anymore. They literally laugh away days of our lives LOST. Like when we lost wyverns...we took days off just to raise the damn thing and they were gone to a stupid bug. Did I file a ticket? Yeap. Did they replace them? Nope. No replacements policy =.=. Like seriously wildcard.....ur stupid game takes people real life DAYS to do things and ur so nonchalant about people losing time. U have a dedicated fanbase who are willing to put up with ur bullpoop. However u are stepping all over them 

• Volunteer Moderator
46 minutes ago, Harrist14 said:

Dude. There are evolution events almost every freaking weekend. That's not to say that they aren't appreciated, but it's not something special to make up for this. Given that fact, the only thing they've done is 1.5x breeding, which really just means that we get to spend the next 20-24 hours making up for the last 30-36 that we wasted twiddling our thumbs. 

Would you rather they did nothing until the weekend instead then rather than start one up now and have it go on through the weekend ?

1 hour ago, ciabattaroll said:

They dont care, to say otherwise is nothing more than a lie. id rather my 30 hours back collecting metal, then some ridiculously small increase.
Obviously its not even close to being compensation, its more like a slap in the face.

4 hours ago, ciabattaroll said:

Would you rather they did nothing until the weekend instead then rather than start one up now and have it go on through the weekend ?

Lazy argument sir. The two options aren't "rollback and evolution event" or "rollback and no evolution event". There are a lot of options in the middle that would've allowed for a fix and no rollback or a rollback and something that, you know, actually makes up for it. 

lol apparently ark doesn't want to hear what we are saying so they moved me off topic haha.  This conversation couldn't be more on topic.    But I am glad to see that although all my stuff is gone I still fall through the floor every night and end up outside my base 12 foundations away from where I llogged off lol. At least that hasn't changed ;) 

Archived