Official Server Rollback and wipe of CrossARK Storage Items

Jatheish

1 hour ago, zerocool3397 said:

I really do see what the problem is. You're all kicking off about a game that's not got it's final release yet. A bug has been eradicated and the servers have lost some time. 

Like everyone I've put in a lot of hours. Lost 11k ingots, a wyvern and 2 new buildings. I lost other stuff too. I would rather lose that than them do a full server wipe. It's 30+ hrs work not 30 days or 30 months. And people tell me I'm addicted!

I think it's about time you all got over it now. 

You didn't lose that much actually sorry to tell you but that's measly compared to most people that lost things. I'd rather see a full wipe at this point just to see the outrage in the community and the work together to get a real solution. People got redo's on things they had killed it's all bs and unbalanced anyway. They could have had a much better response and until I'm compensated for my time I'm gonna make this a huge issue so if you don't wanna hear about I suggest you leave. I lost 4 wyverns and a giga and you wanna say that's 30 hours? That's over 120 as the wyverns are 4 day 100 percent imprints. Stop trying to minimalize other people's losses because you think 11k metal is a big deal.

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

30 minutes ago, ArkTheIsland said:

You didn't lose that much actually sorry to tell you but that's measly compared to most people that lost things. I'd rather see a full wipe at this point just to see the outrage in the community and the work together to get a real solution. People got redo's on things they had killed it's all bs and unbalanced anyway. They could have had a much better response and until I'm compensated for my time I'm gonna make this a huge issue so if you don't wanna hear about I suggest you leave. I lost 4 wyverns and a giga and you wanna say that's 30 hours? That's over 120 as the wyverns are 4 day 100 percent imprints. Stop trying to minimalize other people's losses because you think 11k metal is a big deal.

You may as well bang your head against a wall. It would be more productive. It's a game in development. There are gonna be issues. Things will need fixing and people are gonna lose stuff. If you're not down with that then play something else. It's in the T and C when you sign up to play the game. 

So the biggest issue you're gonna make is screaming the loudest. Crying like a baby over something that was beyond the developers control. 

Simple fact of the matter is that the devs would have explored every avenue before doing the wipe. That's how development works. When they saw no other option they did all they could to fix it. What part of that don't you get. 

I listed a few stuff I lost. I lost more than that. They were the only stuff I was bothered about really. The things I personally got. I'm not gonna get bent out of shape.

It seems you have that much time on your hands that you can imprint a wyvern to 100% I'm sure you can do it again. 

I'm not trying to minimalise anyone else losses. Screaming and shouting like a 2 year old will not get a point across. What your saying is that my personal loss is less important as yours. Everyone has lost something. 

Btw let's just remind you that this in in fact a game. Not real life. Nothing but digital fakery was lost. If it killed your mum then I could get with the tantrum. You haven't technically lost anything. You still own the game. You can still hide away in your bedroom forgetting the real world.

Btw I think I will stay. I pay my net bill. It's my priverlage. 

1 hour ago, zerocool3397 said:

You may as well bang your head against a wall. It would be more productive. It's a game in development. There are gonna be issues. Things will need fixing and people are gonna lose stuff. 

The question is less about the game in development thing that about the communication. After Amazon issue, they said on Twitter "problem solved, here is the form to get back your character". Nothing more, they didn't say "we lost control on everything, please don't play too much cause you could loose everything", they didn't block the upload function on the obelisk, nothing. And from what I heard they said they will not do a rollback.

Today we are in the same situation, we read that there is duped dinos, and there is no communication. Can we play ? Should we wait ?

Do they will wipe the servers just because reddit is crying ?

People would be less angry with more communication.

17 minutes ago, Wierko said:

The question is less about the game in development thing that about the communication. After Amazon issue, they said on Twitter "problem solved, here is the form to get back your character". Nothing more, they didn't say "we lost control on everything, please don't play too much cause you could loose everything", they didn't block the upload function on the obelisk, nothing. And from what I heard they said they will not do a rollback.

Today we are in the same situation, we read that there is duped dinos, and there is no communication. Can we play ? Should we wait ?

Do they will wipe the servers just because reddit is crying ?

People would be less angry with more communication.

It's difficult to communicate to people who are all bothered about losing stuff than the development of the game. 

They have to give enough information to provide an explanation but not enough to hang themselves. 

I get there needs to be more communication but I would rather they fix an issue than spend all day replying to people. 

Better to seek forgiveness than to ask permission. 

The rollback sucks, and I lost a good bit also. Maybe 10k ammo, 20k ingots, and a base i built. But I get it, AWS had an outage that affected far more than just Ark. In the future I'm sure they will be going with redundancy either across multiple providers or regions with AWS, but I mean it is Early Access so you can't expect them to have 100% of their systems in place. 

As a software dev myself, poop happens.

Trust me, I get the frustration, you guys just have to get the rollback.

Aww you know what would suck?

Party A surprise attacks and wipes Party B
*Rolllback*

Party B realizes a rollback happened before party A

Party B attacks Party A and wipes them lolol.

4 hours ago, zerocool3397 said:

It's difficult to communicate to people who are all bothered about losing stuff than the development of the game. 

They have to give enough information to provide an explanation but not enough to hang themselves. 

I get there needs to be more communication but I would rather they fix an issue than spend all day replying to people. 

So I am in agreement with some of what you are saying. but I think what really bothers people is not the details of the hack and what behind the scenes happened,

What I am upset / irritated about is the lack of communication to the game notifications, I did not have twitter or facebook for ark ( now I do) The only reason I hear about this was from a friend that herd it from rumors then Twitter the night of, So that night I did limit my game use and activity , Which I was fine about, I am not fine about the 3 dinos we tamed the night before and the stuff we lost in the OB after the problem solution of the rollback was already in the Devs game plan.

If I did not hear that from him , I would have logged in as I did like normal and busted my ass for 8 hours till 3 am and wake up for work at 7am like usual, (not the smartest idea but darn fun addicting game) only to have everything get reset. there was no warning no notices in game, no blocking OBs nothing , just the normal 15 min noice servers are being reset like every other time, That part is extremely BS

Twitter, had posts servers being rolled back in 2 hours, I log into the game , I see the valentine even in the top right of game start, no indication that  anything I do is useless.  Theat there is a server reset, No internal notice , "Hey there is a problem"

The community would accept it better if we were informed there was a problem and DO NOT use OBs until further notice, SERVERS WILL BE ROLLED BACK AT THIS TIME AND DATE, Please be patient until the roll back and we will be back to optimal performance, This would have extremely reduced the collateral damage to non abusive players,

Instead people continued life as usual and continued to use the OB  build and tame like we did after the incident , Even though the rollback plan was well underway by the Devs , That part is F***ed up. The extreme lack of Game home screen and in game notice is horrendous. That is my main complaint. Darn it you could have had a notice pop up saying " Please check TWITTER FACEBOOK  or SURVIVETHEARK.com for important message, Seriously how long would that have taken .   the rest is ... its a game, build tame raise and continue,

9 hours ago, Wargolem2011 said:

Anyone for a class action law suit? I kinda feel its justified since this wipe was due to a dupe glitch. Why are we rolling back the servers rather then perma-banning the bastards since they violated terms of service and the extreme section of the ban player guide?

I don't think their is a legally cognizable injury, especially since the game is in development and we are all aware of this. 

open communication, and more updates would be appreciated. How are entire servers missing, and no one addresses it? Also, every other MMORPG has had issues, then it gets rolled back 2-6 hours, and all is fixed. Why with Ark servers they get rolled back 2 days, and/or entire servers missing? I'm on PS4 and love this game. 

What's a dupe glitch?

also..off topic but...Players should NEVER be allowed to transfer any items/dragons/other dino tames to other servers. all this creates is server hoppers wreaking havoc on newer tribes with their dragons hopping from server to server. RIDICULOUS. 

People have a right to be angry they didn't even address the issue until 5 hours after the issue and even then only on Reddit. They could have made an announcement so people could pull out what they wanted and the rollback loss would have been minimum. I was uploaded to travel cross ark and mine stuff disappeared despite the rollback taking me to 16 minutes after my upload. It was handled poorly from minute one. There was no announcement until way after the fact. I think most of us understand poop happens but when a company that has already been sued for 40 million because they developed the idea while under contract (i.e. Stealing other people's money for their own ends) and then tried to claim it as their own is using money we spent on the game to go to a convention meanwhile no one is monitoring the game apparently and we get a half assed response and too late to do any good. I don't understand why the people who are fine with rollback are even here trying to justify anything because honestly if you don't care then shouldn't you be taking advantage of this "awesome" event we were graced with to replace in many cases hundreds of hours of raising and taming. I intend to keep playing but I'm devoting half my time to keeping this in the forefront until something is done. If they wanna wipe fine let's reset everything to day one and see how happy people are. I mean that's fair for everyone right? Except most people that want us to drop it say that because they are afraid that would be the response and you're right to be its a lazy approach and doesn't take into consideration the time spent by paid players being used as free but testers. Because, let's be clear the support is a joke and it's just a trick to get people to report bugs so they get free testers. This is kinda their chance to define themselves as a company and show us what the future of online support will look like should we invest more in their dlc's which will most likely be built on the backs of young programmers who enjoy the game trying to win a competition. It's rightfully infuriating and even more so because they aren't addressing the situation.

6 hours ago, zerocool3397 said:

The fact that you imply something on their end is so damning that they'd hang themselves if they gave more info means that you really don't have that much faith in them. Also the only reason people are bothered about losing and lost things was due to poor communication so you kinda sound like a nazi sympathizer trying to turn the situation to those who have suffered damages for no reason.

8 hours ago, zerocool3397 said:

You may as well bang your head against a wall. It would be more productive. It's a game in development. There are gonna be issues. Things will need fixing and people are gonna lose stuff. If you're not down with that then play something else. It's in the T and C when you sign up to play the game. 

So the biggest issue you're gonna make is screaming the loudest. Crying like a baby over something that was beyond the developers control. 

Simple fact of the matter is that the devs would have explored every avenue before doing the wipe. That's how development works. When they saw no other option they did all they could to fix it. What part of that don't you get. 

I listed a few stuff I lost. I lost more than that. They were the only stuff I was bothered about really. The things I personally got. I'm not gonna get bent out of shape.

It seems you have that much time on your hands that you can imprint a wyvern to 100% I'm sure you can do it again. 

I'm not trying to minimalise anyone else losses. Screaming and shouting like a 2 year old will not get a point across. What your saying is that my personal loss is less important as yours. Everyone has lost something. 

Btw let's just remind you that this in in fact a game. Not real life. Nothing but digital fakery was lost. If it killed your mum then I could get with the tantrum. You haven't technically lost anything. You still own the game. You can still hide away in your bedroom forgetting the real world.

Btw I think I will stay. I pay my net bill. It's my priverlage. 

Again you aren't getting this they admitted to doing "all they could" from hotel wifi. There are no terms and conditions on PlayStation you are obviously ignorant on the subjects you are speaking on. I won't bang my head just gonna keep tweeting and keep this post alive. Gonna try to find investor info and contact them and keep connecting people with Xbox steam and PlayStation for complaints and refunds. You also seem really defensive about trying to prove what you have usually means something...

12 minutes ago, ArkTheIsland said:

Again you aren't getting this they admitted to doing "all they could" from hotel wifi. There are no terms and conditions on PlayStation you are obviously ignorant on the subjects you are speaking on. I won't bang my head just gonna keep tweeting and keep this post alive. Gonna try to find investor info and contact them and keep connecting people with Xbox steam and PlayStation for complaints and refunds. You also seem really defensive. What's your server number I wanna come check and see how good you are? What platform? I got em all.

How is "checking on how good he is" going to help you get revenge on wildcard, or what is it you are seeking, just an outlet for your frustrations? Try kick boxing. 

29 minutes ago, Petraeus said:

How is "checking on how good he is" going to help you get revenge on wildcard, or what is it you are seeking, just an outlet for your frustrations? Try kick boxing. 

Why I play pvp for a reason it gets the frustrations out just fine. Also I don't want revenge obviously your not following the thread we want compensation or reparations. It's not that hard. Anyway anyone who's not upset by rollback shouldn't be upset by someone coming to their server right? It's just a game stuff happens. Also it's easy enough to find most people's server especially when they use their screen name of their main account in forums ;).

6 minutes ago, ArkTheIsland said:

Why I play pvp for a reason it gets the frustrations out just fine. Also I don't want revenge obviously your not following the thread we want compensation or reparations. It's not that hard. Anyway anyone who's not upset by rollback shouldn't be upset by someone coming to their server right? It's just a game stuff happens. Also it's easy enough to find most people's server especially when they use their screen name of their main account in forums ;).

Yea, you wont be getting any compensation nor reparations, maybe its time to give the whole act a rest? 

• Jatheish unpinned and locked this topic

Archived