Official Server Rollback and wipe of CrossARK Storage Items

Jatheish

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, Luizza said:

Yes i would agree with you if people were going to get their characters back, but Jen tweeted they aren't.

If it's just for the dupe exploit then this isn't necessary at all for PVE.

i just started on a new server, I moved over a dino and went from lvl one to lvl 67 in four hours, i've been on this new server for one week and i'm 89. i've created new chars just because i didn't want to spend the time to make a mindwipe! or didn't like how they looked. LVLing a char is easy.

25 minutes ago, KingDavido said:

To all the people saying that this rollback is unfair and will have wasted like 30 hours of their time, think about how this has affected the many players that completely lost their characters. We are talking about players that have played 1000+ 2000+ hours and have lost everything, not just a few hours game play. Imagine how you would feel if you were now a level 1 player and could not access your base and animals that you have worked for over the entire liftime of your game. Yes this is going to be a little setback in comparison to the many thousands of hours that players have lost.

well man if you read the posts you would see that CHARACTERS WILL NOT BE RESTORED BY THIS ROLL BACK they still need to submit a ticket.

Sick of all the broken issues ,  I just tamed a 150 perfect mosa yesterday and now with my luck I'll roll back loose all my kibble and chocolates my baby giga will die that I just got to juvenile today mind you , my therizino baby will be baby again and most likely will die being chased by the mosa or better still I won't even be logged in and will loose everything I had down there in the deep ,  I can't wait until they maybe put in a safety mechanism so this crap doesn't happen again under water but if this ends bad for me I  most likely done o  ark and I know others will feel the same way, no amount of rate increase can fix certain things ,  just saying

Also we better be given back any tames that are purged from the ark as I keep my best tames uploaded for safety that you obviously don't provide. Everyone also keep complaining on the forums here so they can see what we want, how upset we are and so they are forced to resolve it to reduce strain on their servers. The forums are barely loading and that's a good sign they are gonna have to finally address an issue properly. 

So let me get this straight, you're rolling back two days over some duped items but NOT for the hundreds if not thousands of characters that got deleted?? Are you guys losing your minds??? Its as if every single day you guys manage to out-do the previous day's "dumbest move ever" and its gettting to the point of no return. So whats up for tomorrow? Wipe of all servers, both private and official? Whatever it is, it sure is gonna be dumb.

11 minutes ago, Eu4ia15 said:

Sick of all the broken issues ,  I just tamed a 150 perfect mosa yesterday and now with my luck I'll roll back loose all my kibble and chocolates my baby giga will die that I just got to juvenile today mind you , my therizino baby will be baby again and most likely will die being chased by the mosa or better still I won't even be logged in and will loose everything I had down there in the deep ,  I can't wait until they maybe put in a safety mechanism so this crap doesn't happen again under water but if this ends bad for me I  most likely done o  ark and I know others will feel the same way, no amount of rate increase can fix certain things ,  just saying

Those chocolates all losted on sunday because they disappear due the new patch v255 so exactly u didnt even use them on wednesday

Rollback the Rollback......IDIOTS!!

Please justify rolling back the work thousands of honest players put in being rolled back because of a few dupers.  Multiple dinos raised.  Multiple items crafted.  Multiple bps.  All now gone. This was not the solution to deal with dupers.  You have punished the entire ark community because of a few low lifes.  Damn you Wildcard.

Sorry, spelling is hard when you're mad.

2 hours ago, Jat said:

Update: We are also going to be increasing breeding, maturing, and egg hatching rates for a while to make up for the lost time, our sincerest apologies again. We will be working on measures immediately to prevent a situation like this from occurring again in the event that there is a service disruption from our host.

Attention Survivors,

On Wednesday, Amazon Web Services experienced a severe outage which affected a lot of their services and clients, including the CrossARK Transfer System. Following this we will be conducting a major rollback on all Official Servers to just before this incident, and will be wiping all Cross ARK storage of any items due to a dupe glitch which surfaced due to the incident.

We apologise about the delay in getting this response out, unfortunately this incident occurred at an unfortunate timing, with a lot of our employees travelling mid flight to the Game Dev Conference and were without equipment/internet/hardware necessary to take care of the situation.

The rollback should happen in the next 2 hours, and we will be running an Evolution Event with bonuses to taming, harvesting, and experience to make up for the losses suffered for the rest of the week. Rollbacks are always unfortunate and we’re sorry for the loss and disruption of service caused by this, as well as our response but are keen to get back on track.

We are also going to be working on implementing some fail safe methods to help avoid situations like this in the future.

I am very dissapointed in the way you've handled this situation. For a big game development company you really do lack in communication!!!!. I am very mad right now as my friend and I spent ages building up a base and grinding over 20k metal for various items (furnace/grinder/ind cooker/ grills... you get the point) only to now find that this is all gone. I spent the better part of 12 hours finding (over 2 days) preparing all of this to now be told its been rolled back and you're sorry for the inconvenience?

You're SORRY? Unfortunately that doesn't cut it this time. This game being in alpha stage does not EXCUSE the complete lack of communcation. At this point I consider wildcard INCOMPETENT. You have 3 platforms where you are easily able to relay this information, Your forums, steam discussions and social media (twitter!) and only 2 hours prior to Shafting your playerbase like this do you apologise and give us a crappy event again?

You have no respect for the people who support your design. Its amazing that the first thing I see is you PAYING for modders to release their code (because thats really what it is... you're not supporting them, you are subcontracting them to polish the game for you. Have the nuts to call it what it really is.) This information gets more attention than you rolling back the server to before the problems...

Now for all those who are going to hate on me for this post, please understand I am not angry at the roll back I am angry at the way it was handled. We deserved a HEADS UP for god sake. Good job wildcard, your poor lack of Public Relations just earned you a negative review on the steam store and I will point them directly to this. 

Really a 1.5 boost ok I recant my statement this is not cool. Also what happened to the whole it will be updated in an hour that was over two hours ago? What the hell is going on? Are you guys ever gonna give us an answer? I'm hoping the silence is because you guys are crapping your pants and thinking about changing your terrible roll back decision. You guys don't care if OB's are blocked but items require boss runs. What do you guys even do? I mean you run mod events to dupe young programmers into designing parts of your game for much cheaper than normal. It's the equivalent of a sweat shop. Give us and update at least I'm tires of raising baby gigas that may or may not he here with only a crummy 1.5 boost. Everyone keep complaining!

• Jatheish unpinned and locked this topic

Archived