Official Server Rollback and wipe of CrossARK Storage Items

Jatheish

2 minutes ago, cthulu said:

You people realize there's staving kids in Africa and your crying about a video game being set back 30 hours. If that's really the biggest problem in your life things probably aren't that bad.

Your argument makes no sense. We're on the ark website rightfully pissed for lack of communication. Yea there's worse things, but not much to do with Ark, which is the message board we're on... 

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think all you whiners need to seriously get a life.  It is a GAME you are playing.  This gives you the opportunity to play it again and get your beloved pixels back. If you do not like the fact that there was an unforeseen error in a game, then stop playing the game. Otherwise, deal with it and move on, quit spewing your toxic crying on these forums and on the authors of a game we enjoy.

Wildcard, this is the most sensible solution, and I for one appreciate you all making the effort to handle a bad situation that was, for the most part, not your fault. 

1 hour ago, Jat said:

Attention Survivors,

On Wednesday, Amazon Web Services experienced a severe outage which affected a lot of their services and clients, including the CrossARK Transfer System. Following this we will be conducting a major rollback on all Official Servers to just before this incident, and will be wiping all Cross ARK storage of any items due to a dupe glitch which surfaced due to the incident.

We apologise about the delay in getting this response out, unfortunately this incident occurred at an unfortunate timing, with a lot of our employees travelling mid flight to the Game Dev Conference and were without equipment/internet/hardware necessary to take care of the situation.

The rollback should happen in the next 2 hours, and we will be running an Evolution Event with bonuses to taming, harvesting, and experience to make up for the losses suffered for the rest of the week. Rollbacks are always unfortunate and we’re sorry for the loss and disruption of service caused by this, as well as our response but are keen to get back on track.

We are also going to be working on implementing some fail safe methods to help avoid situations like this in the future.

DO NOT FORGET BONUSES TO BREEDING! I feel for the people that lost characters but this roll back will lose me two days of breeding work. Please and thank you. <3

3 minutes ago, harcormor said:

I think it's the right thing to do because it will save people's characters and everything there's a lot more time put into a level 100 character than there is into a 30 hr window. I do however wish that they would include breeding and maturation boost for the ones that did do breeding during this time. 

No character restoration.

I'm pissed as hell this will not stand everyone needs to start calling Xbox and PlayStation writing tickets and reopening them until it's solved. Head to twitter and blow up steam. Make this sub a big issue for them it will not go away. This is completely unacceptable simply because they can't properly manage their game in the first place. Anything you can do! Request refunds while demanding the right to keep your copy of the game. For people who put hours into this game we deserve compensation. Time is money and wild card took both our money and time without a care about us. What do you mean by cross ark storage btw? Does that mean uploaded items and dinos will be gone? You guys have the worst response to issues and I hope that this starts to make people hold you accountable until you start fixing your messes. Shame on you. Shame.

3 minutes ago, harcormor said:

I think it's the right thing to do because it will save people's characters and everything there's a lot more time put into a level 100 character than there is into a 30 hr window. I do however wish that they would include breeding and maturation boost for the ones that did do breeding during this time. 

Actually it won't 

In literally no way does this help, the half of us that were affected adapted and/or fixed the problem our own way. This is no way to fix what happened, it'll only screw us over more. I'm just one of many (around 30 people on my server alone, and those are the people I know of) people that have still been breeding and trading since the V-day event ended, and you're saying you'll fix things by destroying (I'd say that's an accurate description, as we'll never get this back) all our time, gear and tames we've worked for? 2 tribes I know of had their bases destroyed during the event and just finished rebuilding yesterday, I can't wait to tell em the good news! As nearly everyone else here is saying, you're gonna harm more people than you'll help. Don't do it. Nobody wants you to.

SERIOUSLY?!?! If I lose everything I've done in the past two days, I will lose, nearly everything. All my hard work put into my ind. forges, my 150 perfect tame rex, my ascendant shotgun bp, my trip to SE to get a mastercraft chainsaw. If this goes through Wild Card will lose my faith. You should come up with a solution that doesn't disrupt 90% of your player base.

Wow just wow. Done heaps of grinding and breeding in the last couple of days and now its all going to be gone? Not happy at all.
A lot of people are now going to lose dino's and gear as they would be out of their base on their dino's at the time this rollback is going to take them too and wont be online to do anything about it. Totally unfair for all the people unaffected. The stuff ups never end with this game.

• Jatheish unpinned and locked this topic

Archived