Official Server Rollback and wipe of CrossARK Storage Items

Jatheish

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, JohnLeePetimore said:

So if I what happens if they roll back when I was flying, or fighting a giga?  Especially in the event that I am not on when this roll back occurs?

Then you blame the people who decided to exploit, not Wildcard.

6 minutes ago, Zee said:

Thanks for wasting 2 days of my time, Evolution event is very minimal to what i lost it is basically nothing to me. You rollback you will hurt more people than help, This is just lazyness and not deleting the duped items and restoring characters to people because you guys lack the resources to do so.

You clearly have no idea what you're talking about. People cheated their way to thousands of free explosives. It far exceeds whatever minor thing you accomplished in two days through legit ways of playing. Sorry but it's the sad truth.
So deleting all legit crafted items crafted is your solution? That's so much worse than a rollback. Such a thing would hit every single player, not just the cheaters who now have enough explosives to blow several Islands to atoms.

1 minute ago, HighFlyer15 said:

You clearly have no idea what you're talking about. People cheated their way to thousands of free explosives. It far exceeds whatever minor thing you accomplished in two days through legit ways of playing. Sorry but it's the sad truth.
So deleting all legit crafted items crafted is your solution? That's so much worse than a rollback. Such a thing would hit every single player, not just the cheaters who now have enough explosives to blow several Islands to atoms.

Again, PVP problem. If this is the only reason for a rollback than it should be done for PVP only.

2 minutes ago, HighFlyer15 said:

My poorly worded question was not asking for an assignment of blame, but rather an explanation of how the rollback is going to be implemented.  But thank you for your comment. 

21 minutes ago, Zalco said:

this is going to mess with WAY more people than its going to help i just built an entire base on SE i dont see how this makes things better in anyway your basically putting the people who did this back to where they were but everyone else is out of pocking ALOT of time for nothing at all

I get being upset at losing a build. That sux, but people lost their whole character. They would have to start all over again. I'm sorry but the rollback is the only thing that makes sense and is fair.

This is so weak for you to do this. I spent 5+hours dropping and taming a 145 mega last night and that will be gone? not to mention they spawn maybe once a month on our center map lololol my 145 basilo? 2 150 baryonyx? all just gone because you didn't want to take atin on something that happened two days ago. Stop worrying about your conventions and fix your game that you keep breaking.

Just now, Luizza said:

You guys complaining about the rollback know a lot of people - many, many people, lost their characters? 

It wasn't just about the duping. You are losing 30 or so hours, they lost everything. Stop for a minute and think - this is definitely the best thing to do.

Jen has already confirmed the rollback isnt fixing characters for anyone on twitter.

Just now, Luizza said:

You guys complaining about the rollback know a lot of people - many, many people, lost their characters? 

It wasn't just about the duping. You are losing 30 or so hours, they lost everything. Stop for a minute and think - this is definitely the best thing to do.

Except the lost characters are not being restored. Jen said so on Twitter.

40 minutes ago, Jat said:

...and will be wiping all Cross ARK storage of any items due to a dupe glitch which surfaced due to the incident.

I play TheHundredCrossArk2, does this mean that AFTER the rollback you will be wiping manually all our storage boxes because some people duped items? OR the storage box wiping is applied by the rollback itself? Trying to clear some confusion.

1 minute ago, Paul080576 said:

I get being upset at losing a build. That sux, but people lost their whole character. They would have to start all over again. I'm sorry but the rollback is the only thing that makes sense and is fair.

IF you are a pvp player then yes but i am a PVE char i can understand PVP yes its going to hurt people on a pvp server but i have no idea how many people actually got hurt on pvp servers but on PVE it only affected the actual bug abuser

How is it fair for all pvp players to lose 30+ hours but not pve? People can still dupe and cheat on pve you might not have the threat of them being used against you but it is still cheating and to make it fair for the entire population all officials should be wiped. Does it suck? Yup but thats what you get in an early release game. Either recover what you lose or find another game that is fully developed where you wont have these setbacks. 

Just now, Tyco said:

In petition to a 3x breeding evolution event as well. A large portion of us survivors are focused on breeding still and would appreciate that since the time wasted on the imprinting and raising times are that set back.

to be honest it needs to be more than 3x... I didnt lose this time it was taken from me. they should have done a roll back 29hrs ago and disabled obs. This is a pathetic response.

How about instead of screwing over the entire player base with a rollback, you help those it affected with an evolution event? Had two days off, grinded my tail off and now each moment I spent out there grinding will have been removed from ever happening, running in place.

The servers crashed, a lot of folks couldn't get on. Failsafe the future, but the last thing you should be doing is making it worse for the ENTIRE player base.

4 minutes ago, Paul080576 said:

I've lost my charecter before. Wildcard did jack poop about it. Guess what, I got back up and remade, now am higher lvl than any of my tribemates and have new imprints. 

1 minute ago, GrumpyxKitten said:

How is it fair for all pvp players to lose 30+ hours but not pve? People can still dupe and cheat on pve you might not have the threat of them being used against you but it is still cheating and to make it fair for the entire population all officials should be wiped. Does it suck? Yup but thats what you get in an early release game. Either recover what you lose or find another game that is fully developed where you wont have these setbacks. 

Because the duping affects PVP players more than PVE? The only reason people managed to dupe quicker was due to the outage, this will not continue on PVE if they dont rollback... Every PVE player is suffering because of a minority of dupers.

• Jatheish unpinned and locked this topic

Archived