Official Server Rollback and wipe of CrossARK Storage Items

Jatheish

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Id prefer Duped items like RPG's etc are just removed, rolling back 30+ hours is a mental amount of time to alot of people. The amount of stuff I'm going to have to redo is honestly making me just not want to bother anymore. 

Find an alternative Jat, as opposed to your standard carpet bomb the problem and hope it goes away method.

Can you guarantee a 150 bronto, 130 Thylacoleo, and 150 barionyx spawn for the ones we tamed? Can you raise all my babies for me again? How about all of the trades that I've done and have gotten reviews on? How about the land we acquired after people allowed their massive amounts of pillars to be demolished? Have our efforts been in vain?

Well played wildcard, well played...

Dinos in the process of being raised will starve. Entire bases being put up from nothing will be destroyed. You're not seriously doing this, are you?

And on top of that, the NERVE to put a notification message on the game saying there is a 'minor update'??? Nothing about a rollback? That's just a big F YOU to the people who don't watch twitter or the forums -_-

hell

Just now, Roland151b said:

Id prefer Duped items like RPG's etc are just removed, rolling back 30+ hours is a mental amount of time to alot of people. The amount of stuff I'm going to have to redo is honestly making me just not want to bother anymore. 

Find an alternative Jat, as opposed to your standard carpet bomb the problem and hope it goes away method.

duping doesnt effect any one really but the player doing it in pve punish them not everyone else pvp is a bit different i imagine alot of people lost all their dinos and their base where i can understand a rollback

1 minute ago, BiggerBilly said:

For everyone saying this harms more than it helps or are complaining about it, imagine if some tribe comes to your server to attack and they have a quarter million C4 and sets and sets of ascendent gear with ascendent saddles on all of their dinos. Do you want that? Exactly.

1. No I do not want that, that is why I play PvE.

2. That situation occurred to a minority of people compared to the 30+ hours of work people put in. 

3.  Almost everyone that has commented says this is unfortunate, but everyone shouldn't be negatively effected. 

Just now, BiggerBilly said:

For everyone saying this harms more than it helps or are complaining about it, imagine if some tribe comes to your server to attack and they have a quarter million C4 and sets and sets of ascendent gear with ascendent saddles on all of their dinos. Do you want that? Exactly.

Thats a PVP problem. 

Don't you think 32 hours roll back is a bit late? l know people duped items but come on its a small handful of people in comparison to the people that will have to suffer becasue of this roll back, you are just punishing the legit players for a few bad players just ban them instead!
But if you are going to do this STUPID reroll I demand 3x dino raising for this event too! l will have lost 30 hours+ of progression my rex's, giga's along with other dino's. 

Vote up people, let them hear the voice of their player base! 

2 minutes ago, BiggerBilly said:

and that is a problem on pvp your not thinking about pve players at all i can sort of see the need on pvp if something did happen

Dear Admins,

Though i'm sure many are appreciative that you have responded regarding outages i highly recommend you don't rollback this one or you're going to be dealing with much more trouble other than the minor few who would suffer from those who have duped. I would keep the event idea and work on a safeguard asap regarding server outages and the ability to even dupe. 

At least survey and ask the community who would want and wouldn't want a rollback, i'm sure there's more honest legitimate players that would respond  ^_^

33 minutes ago, Jat said:

Attention Survivors,

On Wednesday, Amazon Web Services experienced a severe outage which affected a lot of their services and clients, including the CrossARK Transfer System. Following this we will be conducting a major rollback on all Official Servers to just before this incident, and will be wiping all Cross ARK storage of any items due to a dupe glitch which surfaced due to the incident.

We apologise about the delay in getting this response out, unfortunately this incident occurred at an unfortunate timing, with a lot of our employees travelling mid flight to the Game Dev Conference and were without equipment/internet/hardware necessary to take care of the situation.

The rollback should happen in the next 2 hours, and we will be running an Evolution Event with bonuses to taming, harvesting, and experience to make up for the losses suffered for the rest of the week. Rollbacks are always unfortunate and we’re sorry for the loss and disruption of service caused by this, as well as our response but are keen to get back on track.

We are also going to be working on implementing some fail safe methods to help avoid situations like this in the future.

Can you please read some of the comments and provide absolute clarification?  This post is ambiguous. 

If this happens, I am straight going to quit.... I've raised 4 dinos at once and they JUST got finished.... A bunch of dinos i've traded for are going to disappear ALL because a bunch of morons couldn't read a message that said transferring is dangerous.......

This is absolutely retarded and this must be a new studio for this to even be an idea... You're going to piss off more of your player base than help anyone... Look at all the posting happening here... There is not a single person saying thank you to this... I hope you really reconsider this crap ass idea..... A boost to taming is not going to make up for anything... There should be a 5x raising boost.... Noone cares about taming boosting anymore....All of the foundations.... my WHOLE SE base is now going to disappear and all of the hours spent yesterday on my two days off are going to be wasted because some jack wagons couldn't read.... 

So disregard all the dinos tamed, dinos raised, trades made, thousands upon thousands of resources farmed, the new base i just made.....just because a small percent of people lost a charcater? they can make a new character. it takes like an hour to get to 65. Better yet, bring the event out to lvl even faster. You are screwing everyone because a small percent of people lost a character. You are pushing me into not wanting to play this game anymore. After the BP nerf but not mats and now this. That's 3 days gone. And i can't be the only one

• Jatheish unpinned and locked this topic

Archived