We attempted an easy Broodmother, it went horribly wrong

DEL707

We attempted an easy Broodmother, it went horribly wrong

Me and my tribe mate attempted an easy Broodmother at the weekend, we went in there with 9 rexs, while we rode on 2 wolfs sporting RPG's.

Rexs were 200-220+ with a range of HP form about 8k-15K. All were wearing purple quality saddles (I forget the name).

It started off pretty badly and went down hill from there, we were slow to start and she started approaching the bridge, but I managed to get off an attack order and all the rexs pilled into her. Me and my tribe mate sat back and started firing off RPG's into the group. However after a few minutes she managed to push the Rexs back and into the ravine, after that pretty much everything went to hell, the rexs just stood down there getting mobbed by the minions.

I did eventually fight my way down there and jump on a rex or 2 and get them, but it was pretty much over by then, she had picked apart the rexs left uptop and was lazily finishing off any stragglers I brought up.

We were a little disheartened at such a huge loss, but we're gearing up for round 2 and we could do with some advice.

Thankfully we kept some fertilised eggs incase of a loss, so we're breeding again.

How many rexs should we be looking at getting?

Is it worth bring in any other animals or should we be mounted on 1 of the rexs?

Will the Broodmother cross the bridge to you? Is it best to wait for her?

I appreciate any advice.

We recently beat the brood mother level medium. We have four players and took in 18 Rexes all with 20-30k HP and 600% Melee (all bred with at least 90%imprint) and 100 armor saddles. We beat her in about half of the allotted time, but lost 7 Rexes during the battle. We tried to have more strategy but ultimately whistled attack all while she was crossing the bridge and just stayed there whistling from time to time to keep everyone engaged. We each rode on one of the Rex.

This was our second attempt, the first time we took 7 Rexes with roughly the same stats (but lower saddles) and only managed to take down about half of her HP. I don't have any advice on strategy because we have only beat the one boss, but I would suggest breeding for the highest level rex (HP and Melee) with full imprinting and leveling at least 40 levels before attempting. Also, if you do win, get all your rexes back to the circle we lost a couple because they were in mid air when we teleported back to the obelisk and were killed for some reason (i think because we were mounted).

7 minutes ago, DEL707 said:

On leveling Rexs, what's the best way to do that?

We've got alot of babies now that I need to turn into killing machines as soon as possible.

Easiest way to do it is the have your rexes mounted with tribe mates. Load up a grinder with stone or wood and start grinding.....works better than the narcotic/chem bench method 25 to 30k health and the rest into melee. Straight up you will easily beat the brood

6 minutes ago, DEL707 said:

On leveling Rexs, what's the best way to do that?

We've got alot of babies now that I need to turn into killing machines as soon as possible.

If you have an industrial grinder and extra people to be on the rexes that's a decent way to level you can get a lystro to make it even better. Or alpha hunting but probably not as reliable

41 minutes ago, Chrisdavid42 said:

We recently beat the brood mother level medium. We have four players and took in 18 Rexes all with 20-30k HP and 600% Melee (all bred with at least 90%imprint) and 100 armor saddles. We beat her in about half of the allotted time, but lost 7 Rexes during the battle. 

That doesn't seem right?

We did it with 16 rexes with pretty much the same stats as yours and 85-87 armor saddles. Took us less than 5 minutes and at most some rexes lost 3k hp. Maybe we got lucky and got it stuck, I wasn't paying attention

Yeah it seems you can get her stuck pretty easily. I have to go back in and test again but I think when we attempted it on medium we got her stuck with the Rex's surrounding her and it caused her spider adds to stop spawning. She will aggro over to you as well so if you don't want to fight her on the bridge let one Rex pull her over just make sure not to waste too much time attempting this. The difference between a Rex with a rider and one without is night and day as well. The rider and imprint buff is a massive increase as well as your attack speed when you are mounted.

We've done it on medium twice so far (with rexs) We have 2 tanks with 30k health the rest have 20k and 500-700 melee. We put the tanks inside Broodmother, she gets a little stuck and her attacks aren't as often. We also use the LB dpad control to move them into place so they don't fall off the bridge.

http://ark.gamepedia.com/The_Center_Arena

If you scroll down, there's a list of all the dinos you can take in to the various arena's.

Hey DEL707,

Me and 3 other tribemates have taken Easy Broodmother on Official server.
First: Riding wolves and firing bazookas. Bad idea.. You are probably damaging your own rexes aswell. Don't do this :)
Second: When you get in to the arena, try whistling ur rexes back a bit and wait for Broodmother to come to you. Then you won't get the problem with her pushing your rexes down.
Third: We used 13 rexes. All breeded with 78-100% imprint. HP was 10k-15k and dmg was 540-600%. We killed her in 4 minutes. No losses.

well for one...don't use RPG's when itd your rexes xD! depends on the  armor of the saddles and whistle attack target the second you get in. whatever your riding set to ignore group whistles. we did that with more then 10 rexes, they found their way over without falling off. and the broody shouldn't do push back O.o

Archived