Breeding rexes for Bosses

Avengel3076

Breeding rexes for Bosses

So I've been breeding on a official ps4 server for 3-4 weeks. My rexes are now hatching at lvl 251, with base health of 9800, 2100 stam, and 272 percent melee. I'm breeding in a 382 percent melee Rex in two days. Now would these rexes be enough to fight the bosses on hard, if I gave them 60 or so level ups? For which bosses should I prioritize stats for, for example should I have high melee for broodmother, and how much, or high health for megapithicus. Also just how strong would a pair of mate boosted rexes have to be to fight a Titan?

I bought an egg from rexs used for boss fights. It had 8k hp and 373 melee. I have no idea how many they used but I also know they were leveled up quite a bit. For me personally I am going to use 11k hp 400 plus melee rexs I traded for. Anyhow a friend said that 10 of the high melee rexs will do the boss on hard. Then again no personal experience. Hope this helps somewhat. 

1 minute ago, Jaxzeon said:

we did broodmother with 20 rexs and 3 player . many rexs had only 15k life and 400%meele and had a saddle with 56 armor . on easy we did it with no problem and on medium we lost 3 rexs because of my bad movement with the rexs but i never did hardmode.

so your saying 40K hp and 900% melee rexs can solo farm me poop, FUN!

We went into broodmother easy on ps4 official.  We had 10 rexxes, all with 400% melee and 25k hp.

We didn't kill it in time (3 people) but I think it was because of a few different things.  

First was bad positioning, we had 3 rexxes fall down below and were out of the fight for a while.

Second was whistling neutral.  We should have whistled attack my target so they would ignore the adds and just get them with the aoe from attacking broodmother.

Even with those mistakes we got her down to 3%ish hp left or so before time ran out. And we didn't realize that everything in the arena dies when time runs out, we lost a lot that day, it almost made me quit the game lol.

2 rexes of any level against a titan is not recommended under any circumstances. Also you will need over 15 rexes to beat the boss on hard and you will likely lose some.

Your rexe's stats may be a bit on the low side, from what I've heard the hard brood has incredible hp, and people are getting killed by the timer because it takes so long, so you need a lot of damage and preferrably imprint. I have only done medium brood so far, so I am no expert but that's what I heard

My tribe-mate and I tried easy Broodmother on official PvP with 6 Rexes, each wearing 42 armor saddles. We leveled them to 20K health and 300%-500% melee. They were imprinted anywhere from 40% to 91%. 

We lost horribly. A lot of work for a 2 man tribe down the drain.

Main problem was that 3 of the Rexes fell off the bridge and were non-factors in the fight. We ran out of time before Broodmother was even down to half health. Even if we had gotten all 6 Rexes on the boss the entire time, I doubt we would have had the DPS.

None of the Rexes were anywhere near getting killed, so most of the points pumped into health were a waste, and would have served us much better if they had been pumped into melee.

When you attempt this, make sure to wait for her to come to you. Do NOT try to charge her. By the time you find the Rex you want to ride, mount it, and untangle the Rex knot (seriously WC, address that issue), she will be coming across the bridge. If you try to fight her on the bridge it will not end well, as many of your unridden Rexes will fall off...trust me.

1 hour ago, Riler said:

My tribe-mate and I tried easy Broodmother on official PvP with 6 Rexes, each wearing 42 armor saddles. We leveled them to 20K health and 300%-500% melee. They were imprinted anywhere from 40% to 91%. 

We lost horribly. A lot of work for a 2 man tribe down the drain.

Main problem was that 3 of the Rexes fell off the bridge and were non-factors in the fight. We ran out of time before Broodmother was even down to half health. Even if we had gotten all 6 Rexes on the boss the entire time, I doubt we would have had the DPS.

None of the Rexes were anywhere near getting killed, so most of the points pumped into health were a waste, and would have served us much better if they had been pumped into melee.

When you attempt this, make sure to wait for her to come to you. Do NOT try to charge her. By the time you find the Rex you want to ride, mount it, and untangle the Rex knot (seriously WC, address that issue), she will be coming across the bridge. If you try to fight her on the bridge it will not end well, as many of your unridden Rexes will fall off...trust me.

All good tips. We have only beaten medium brood and ape. 

We bred our rexes for several generations, then went in with 20. Each between 25k to 30k health with the rest in melee. We didn't have any issues, however the ape did come close to killing a few rexes. 

Next up is the dragon! 

19 minutes ago, NebraskARK said:

All good tips. We have only beaten medium brood and ape. 

We bred our rexes for several generations, then went in with 20. Each between 25k to 30k health with the rest in melee. We didn't have any issues, however the ape did come close to killing a few rexes. 

Next up is the dragon! 

I'm assuming you had more than 2 riders? Riders make a world of difference I imagine.

Yeah wouldnt pit rex's against a titan, never fought the bosses but I killed a titan with my squid and we are talking an hour of slapping this thing while a tribemate lured it back to me. (570%+ melee squid mind you) and as it was about to die it began some sort of frenzy stomping with its hind legs (as opposed to the front it usually stomped with) and shaved 6k off my squids health in less than five seconds.

3519183FCB85540EFAF4BA47A61C8C84F571A0E9

Xp was nice, but wont ever be doing that again those things have WAY too much health to even cheese kill.

20 minutes ago, LolIipop said:

I play on official with 300+ hatch 11.8k hp 408 dmg rexes. After 100% imprint they hit 14.2k hp and 489 dmg. I just level their dmg to 550-600 ish then the rest on hp which almost hits 40k and did hard brood lots of times already with no problems.

With how many? I have almost identical stats on my rexes

Archived