[FIXED] Cluster working via "Transmit ARK Data" but not "Travel to another ARK"

No extra configuration is needed. They fixed this in a previous patch. I use raw sockets as that is how the Unreal Engine was designed to work and it results in much lower pings. I can see all my servers on the transfer tab now with absolutely zero extra configuration. NAT loopback was the solution back in the day (Thank you, DD-WRT), but this is no longer needed.

20 hours ago, Xenithar said:

No extra configuration is needed. They fixed this in a previous patch. I use raw sockets as that is how the Unreal Engine was designed to work and it results in much lower pings. I can see all my servers on the transfer tab now with absolutely zero extra configuration. NAT loopback was the solution back in the day (Thank you, DD-WRT), but this is no longer needed.

They did fix it? It's not in the patch notes and there are recent reports of people having this problem. If it was fixed it has to be one of the latest patches.

For NAT loopback you don't need to configure anything, it just needs to be enabled on the router, which it is by default on many.

• 2 weeks later...

Still don't see mine without loop-back... My old modem is dying a slow death and my new one doesn't have the feature :(

I'm running them with ASM, but my command line looks like this when it is called:

Aberration Server Command line: Aberration_P?listen?Port=7777?QueryPort=27015?MaxPlayers=16?bRawSockets?AllowCrateSpawnsOnTopOfStructures=True -ForceAllowCaveFlyers -clusterid=XXXX -ClusterDirOverride="X:\XXX" -NoTransferFromFiltering -NoBattlEye -forcerespawndinos -usecache -nosteamclient -game -server -log

Island Server Command line: TheIsland?listen?Port=7779?QueryPort=27017?MaxPlayers=16?bRawSockets?AllowCrateSpawnsOnTopOfStructures=True -ForceAllowCaveFlyers -clusterid=XXXX -ClusterDirOverride="X:\XXXX" -NoTransferFromFiltering -NoBattlEye -forcerespawndinos -usecache -nosteamclient -game -server -log

Still don't see mine without loop-back... My old modem is dying a slow death and my new one doesn't have the feature [emoji20]

I'm running them with ASM, but my command line looks like this when it is called:

Aberration Server Command line: Aberration_P?listen?Port=7777?QueryPort=27015?MaxPlayers=16?bRawSockets?AllowCrateSpawnsOnTopOfStructures=True -ForceAllowCaveFlyers -clusterid=XXXX -ClusterDirOverride="X:\XXX" -NoTransferFromFiltering -NoBattlEye -forcerespawndinos -usecache -nosteamclient -game -server -log

Island Server Command line: TheIsland?listen?Port=7779?QueryPort=27017?MaxPlayers=16?bRawSockets?AllowCrateSpawnsOnTopOfStructures=True -ForceAllowCaveFlyers -clusterid=XXXX -ClusterDirOverride="X:\XXXX" -NoTransferFromFiltering -NoBattlEye -forcerespawndinos -usecache -nosteamclient -game -server -log

Is it password protected? If yes, did you check the little box in the transmitter "show password protected" [emoji56]

Yes, and yes 

I can confirm that all servers are visible to other players although I can't see them on the un-official list myself. Others can transfer between Arks perfectly, it's just me, the host on the same LAN as the servers that can't :(

Ports forwarded:

7777 - 7784 (4 servers, 7777, 7779, 7781 7783)

26900 - 26905

27000 - 27050 (4 servers, 27015 - 27019)

All TCP/UDP

Tried with Raw sockets and without. With the old modem that had loopback, I could do it no problem but unfortunately it's dead, it's the 3rd one that the ISP supplied within 12 months and other than that one nice feature, they're junk.

• 3 weeks later...

I actually got this to work and I can see and join cross ark servers hosted on my same network.

I will write a little tutorial later and see if it will also work for everyone else.

Pretty much what it comes down to it the ark servers need different lan IPs, multihome, and a router that supports nat loopback/hair pinning. My servers are hosted on the same box and I am able to join/see them is the terminals and tek transmitters.

• 1 month later...

On 20/03/2018 at 12:59 PM, Munra said:

I actually got this to work and I can see and join cross ark servers hosted on my same network.

I will write a little tutorial later and see if it will also work for everyone else.

Pretty much what it comes down to it the ark servers need different lan IPs, multihome, and a router that supports nat loopback/hair pinning. My servers are hosted on the same box and I am able to join/see them is the terminals and tek transmitters.

hey there, wheres the tutorial ? 

• 9 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Archived