ARK Sponsored Mod Program!

Jen

• Volunteer Moderator
48 minutes ago, TedyBearOfDeath said:

What about more info for consoles though, it was very limited. Is this planned for console in our expected time frame(a few weeks after PC) or is this a PC focused feature that they hope to someday include on console but isnts a priority? 

Honeslty with the way it reads it sounds like console isn't a priority. Which is understandable as it would be difficult with MS QA and what not. I would be disappointed but not mad if we didnt get it. I just want to know, I HATE not knowing.

This clearly states that completed mods may possibly be integrated into the Official release of ARK. There is no modding for Xbox yet, plus, and this may be a lack of understanding on my part, but I don't know if any of the mods built for PC would necessarily work on console without additional configuration.

"We believe our latest initiative will allow us to take the next step into assisting modders further. The Sponsored Mods project aims to provide financial, development, and marketing supporting over the course of sponsorship. We will be providing a $4,000 stipend towards 15 projects each month to assist with ongoing development costs of their projects, with a possibility of completed mods being integrated into the Official Release of ARK: Survival Evolved on PC and Console."

44 minutes ago, GamerPerfection said:

This clearly states that completed mods may possibly be integrated into the Official release of ARK. There is no modding for Xbox yet, plus, and this may be a lack of understanding on my part, but I don't know if any of the mods built for PC would necessarily work on console without additional configuration.

"We believe our latest initiative will allow us to take the next step into assisting modders further. The Sponsored Mods project aims to provide financial, development, and marketing supporting over the course of sponsorship. We will be providing a $4,000 stipend towards 15 projects each month to assist with ongoing development costs of their projects, with a possibility of completed mods being integrated into the Official Release of ARK: Survival Evolved on PC and Console."

I did read the article, its just it kind of left me with more questions than it answered. I see they mention console but as you said there is currently no modding for console ark yet and although I do not fully understand it either I also believe it does take extra work for a mod to work on console. Those 2 things make me feel that as much as they want to implement it may be very delayed or non existant for console. It just seems like such a huge daunting step for console, I would be super impressed if it ever came to be. I hope it works well on PC and they do implement it on console. Thanks for the response.

Edit: Now that Ive read it again I actually feel a little more optimistic. Maybe console wont get the mods being developed as they are worked on but we may get mods that are deemed "completed". Kind of like the Center is currently on console, more a DLC than a mod.

6 hours ago, TedyBearOfDeath said:

What about more info for consoles though, it was very limited. Is this planned for console in our expected time frame(a few weeks after PC) or is this a PC focused feature that they hope to someday include on console but isnts a priority? 

Honeslty with the way it reads it sounds like console isn't a priority. Which is understandable as it would be difficult with MS QA and what not. I would be disappointed but not mad if we didnt get it. I just want to know, I HATE not knowing.

I too was wondering about console until I read that line but I'm with you, a little more console info would be nice...

Would you devs still sponsor a mod if lots of work is being put into it almost everyday but it still takes a long time to complete (I'm talking like more than 7 months or so) simply because it is an extremely large mod? Or will you only sponsor it when it's near completion? 

I really hope that i get onto this program one day. However I feel like I won't have the time to constantly work on it and the fact that mine is gonna be a pretty extensive mod. 

• Volunteer Moderator
19 hours ago, TechieCrow said:

So glad to see a company taking one of the first leaps into paying modders. Really love you guys for this. <3

Wildcard's already taken these steps when they hired both Cedric and Evilmrfrank. This is just an alternate route to this philosophy as Wildcard realizes that a good amount of modders are hobbyists who most likely can't or won't just drop their current means of living to work full time for them.

I love the ones they picked (I didn't even know there were so many map mods in development), but I'm also missing a few: the new annunaki genesis: Extinction Core for example. And I also love many of the smaller mods, like the Upgrade Table for single player. Maybe a smaller contribution to these guys would be nice too.

sorry to be negative but I will only get excited when it is a CONFIRMED release for consoles and when it comes to release date that it will ACTUALLY get released.

tbh I would prefer optimizations and server improvements over more content that's going to cause more lag and dashboard scenarios.

we've actually taken to sign posting the dashboard areas on our map at the moment :(

6 hours ago, X111 said:

sorry to be negative but I will only get excited when it is a CONFIRMED release for consoles and when it comes to release date that it will ACTUALLY get released.

tbh I would prefer optimizations and server improvements over more content that's going to cause more lag and dashboard scenarios.

we've actually taken to sign posting the dashboard areas on our map at the moment :(

Could you create a thread and post the GPS coords and/or screenshots for these areas when you do that?