Dedicated 24-7 Player Server

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Phades said:

Sadly, I'm going to have to halt invites. Server is getting to capacity.

When I have some time I'll look at QOS for the server to improve latency. I'm also considering a second circuit.

We would love to see the server full but the lag tonight was pretty bad. Hopefully there is some sort of solution for the lag and the server can fill up some more. 

Tribemate had an idea (wont work if there is already griefing), but we were thinking (personally atleast) it would be cool if two tribes wanted to go to war but not lose their entire base, if we had an arena built kind of central and they could battle out their bests for land or dinos ect, aka gamble? Could be set up with some spots for people to watch.

I assume lots of mayhem would ensue but it wouldnt be a place you bring anything extra. 

Kinda far fetched but if anyone out there is swimmimg in recourses.

2 hours ago, Heliocop said:

Tribemate had an idea (wont work if there is already griefing), but we were thinking (personally atleast) it would be cool if two tribes wanted to go to war but not lose their entire base, if we had an arena built kind of central and they could battle out their bests for land or dinos ect, aka gamble? Could be set up with some spots for people to watch.

I assume lots of mayhem would ensue but it wouldnt be a place you bring anything extra. 

This would be fun, but the server would need to decide on a location soon so no one builds there. Pearl lake/ lagoon would make for a cool location if no one has built there yet. I havn't checked. I'm sure there is a big open area on and or near a beach we could set up.

Another thing I would love the server to implement is NO building in certain areas, specifically the areas with large amounts of resources. Someone had already built a 2x1 stone foundation on the volcano yesterday which will now limit the amount of metal rock spawns up there. If he was to build auto defenses he would have 1000s of metal to himself.

10 hours ago, TheRealTFreezy said:

I know killing is. Most servers have a no griefing lower level policy is all I'm saying. But if you don't care then whatever.

I never said I don't care.   My 1st base was one of the first to be taken out by imported t Rex.   It was 34 on day two.  

All I'm saying is, raiding and making enemies is a fun part of the game.   But so is making alliances

2 minutes ago, ShannonA96 said:

How do you spilt screen on ark dose anyone know ??

Split screen hasn't been implemented in Ark at this point. It is on the developers list of things to do. 

7 hours ago, Heliocop said:

I agree that this would be a fun idea, my mind is already racing with different things that could be implemented. Sabertooth Gladiatorial games anyone?! A press box!

1 hour ago, KarmaSelect said:

Split screen hasn't been implemented in Ark at this point. It is on the developers list of things to do.

1 hour ago, Deemo627 said:

As far as I know the split screen option is planned for the actual release of ark and is not currently available in the pre-release stage.

Have a quick look at the Xbox patch notes thread, it's coming in the next XBox patch guys,

Upcoming Version v731.0

SPLIT-SCREEN MULTIPLAYER for both Online and Local Play!!

[MORE NOTES TO COME]

3 hours ago, Deemo627 said:

Another thing I would love the server to implement is NO building in certain areas, specifically the areas with large amounts of resources. Someone had already built a 2x1 stone foundation on the volcano yesterday which will now limit the amount of metal rock spawns up there. If he was to build auto defenses he would have 1000s of metal to himself.

I thought this was pretty much an unspoken rule anyways. Should be if it isn't.

Difficulty was bumped up a little yesterday. I will continue to raise it over the next few days.

There is a plain in the south where Rolo originally built a house. Would be a great spot for an arena.

I'm thinking "players under level 15(?) are off limits for killing by players above that level (unless provoked)." Thoughts?

Second circuit would be a dedicated Internet connection for the server only.

11 minutes ago, Phades said:

Difficulty was bumped up a little yesterday. I will continue to raise it over the next few days.

There is a plain in the south where Rolo originally built a house. Would be a great spot for an arena.

I'm thinking "players under level 15(?) are off limits for killing by players above that level (unless provoked)." Thoughts?

Ya that sounds good to me on the aggresssion.

As for the arena, i have yet to get to flight so i havnt scouted anywhere out yet but that sounds like a good spot, nice and flat.

just a quick question, im not too sure how the building works in pvp but wpuld 1 group have to build it? Or could any group helping just ally temp and be able to chip in there. Just curious because id love to help but im only about level 30 so far and there is a level 6 alpha rex ravaging my tiny tribe, slowly picking off our dinos 1 by 1. 

Anyway, would love to see the arena come to be, lol in there gambiling metal on a fight. Hopefully we can make it happen.

24 minutes ago, Heliocop said:

Ya that sounds good to me on the aggresssion.

As for the arena, i have yet to get to flight so i havnt scouted anywhere out yet but that sounds like a good spot, nice and flat.

just a quick question, im not too sure how the building works in pvp but wpuld 1 group have to build it? Or could any group helping just ally temp and be able to chip in there. Just curious because id love to help but im only about level 30 so far and there is a level 6 alpha rex ravaging my tiny tribe, slowly picking off our dinos 1 by 1. 

Anyway, would love to see the arena come to be, lol in there gambiling metal on a fight. Hopefully we can make it happen.

We would probably have to make phades build it or someone in a tribe with him to "run" the fights. We could all help by chipping in materials or even outright building ceilings or foundations or whatever is needed but having him place them. I only say that because we wouldn't want someone to have access to destroy it after it's been built. You would want the person running the server to be the only one allowed to demolish it.

i was thinking someone with a more creative architectural mind than myself could sort of get a plan going and build a ton of storage boxes, put them over by where we are going to build it and name them like foundations, ceilings, walls, etc and people could add to them as we made stuff. Just put the same pin in each one so anyone could add their share of stuff. figured putting raw materials out in the open would be sort of dangerous.

56 minutes ago, Phades said:

All of that sounds badass. You are doing a killer job running this server. I have a level 70 on an official server with all kinds of bases and dinos but the with you and this server having the modifiers like they are and listening im pretty much for sure leaving my old stuff behind and sticking here permanently. 

Oh and phades I just got a totally badass taming app and I can enter in the multipliers you have set up, what is the taming speed multiplier and the consumption speed multiplier set to?

Archived