My character disapear in transfer server

Brainstorm

1 minute ago, Greiver524 said:

Heard the same rumors.  Problem is a rollback is the only way to fix it.  Have even seen proof of the glitch. (Saw screenshots of duplicated wyverns and rockets.)  Pretty pathetic wildcard hasn't taken care of this issue.  Bans and a rollback need to happen.   And about the issue not being wildcards fault,  they are having someone else host their servers.  Ok. I get it.  But this in no way gets put off only on amazon. It's wildcards product and their job to manage anything that happens. They need to fix this major raptor up. And they need to do it fast.  We had whole tribe's quit playing last night on our server because of losing characters.  The fact that there isn't a backup of players characters is more of a laughing stock now.  I'm mean really, cmon,  no backups!?  Only morons would run a server service and not have a backup data in place.  How they handle this going to be a big part of if this game actually becomes and great and big as it can.  Or it could do the opposite and put many people off of it.  At the moment it's putting many people off....  pull heads out of asses and fix this major raptor up.

hey if u are so trust of them glad for u realy. but we are trying get  answers for what have happen. and u are saying that because i belive u are not one of the thounds that have lost there characters (tribe dinos evrything) so so plzz  let the topic grow up for we get answer fast because all pll are going silent no answer about what have happen yestardy. only that post about the AWS and they have see the problem yes after all ppl have already loss there characts. the post was to late in twitter. they have should desactive right in moment the transfer and pass messag in all servers but nothing . frist all the dmg was done and then have close the tranfers. so in the moment me and thounds ppl are trying get back what u call just game  because we have spend lots of hours in the game for nothing. most part of all games should have already say something to the players and fix already

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, [EG] Comdriver W31 said:

hope you're right. will see in a week. he have awesome breed rexes and stuff, we don't want to lose that

I heard that the dinos go away only if they have not been rendered when they are claimable, so if you have friends on that server ask them to watch the timers and try to claim them when the timers run out. That way if you do have to start a new character you might be able to at least get your dinos back.

Another option would be to start a new character and have the GMs transfer you into your old tribe so you can claim everything. They might be willing to do that. I'd check with the GMs first before going that route though just in case. Maybe you can make your character when they are available to add you in.

5 hours ago, Rhidell said:

Right! I hope people can see that and don't get upset with Wildcard for something that was out of their control. Now I would be mad if WC didn't address the item duping I've been hearing about.

Incorrect for me bro. Have alot of friends suffering from this problem. If correct coding was in place by WC the trasnfer whould have to be aborted if any of the services failed and returned to the previous state. That would be just the use of some return values fro the transfer variables in AWS itself. So its also WC fault as much as Amazons.

Also do you remember last rollback.... well i was in the island and had to login in SE to find my char again (was there when rollback backup was made) so something is fishy in the "rollback cant solve the issues reported" excuse.

And again i do blame WC for the poor costumer service. 24h past since first reports where generated... yet from the 7 cases i personally know on my servers none got a direct response. Question the habilitie to plan for a situation like this...

1 filter all the tickets for the ones regarding this issue

2 filter by server so a gm can deal with as much possible in each server visit

3 contact each one with a timeline for a gm to be intouch with them

is this really to hard to WC to acheive? tells alot about their planning or better say lack of it.

the way things are going, i would assume thats also part of the "masterplan" of WC costumer service... leave tikets lingering in the limbo.... contact ppl after 1 or 2 months and most for sure 95% of that players already left the game or created new char so they wont need the support assistance. Thats great for then... no work done and alot of tickets closed with "solved" mark on it. On percentages they must be one of the best Costumer Services in the world.

Good luck to all that suffered from this problem and is losing stuff all over the ark network. And on a sidenote to all survivors not afected, Try to help the ones that lost alot... resourses, dinos and also not claiming the ones they raised... that must be hard for some but even if 1 more survivor does it will be a great gesture.

Incredible I never use the obelisks to transfer characters and yesterday me and my friend transfered our characters at the same time. Awesome now we are level 1, looking our huge base full of dinos ready to be claimed in seven days. Waste of hours playing for nothing. At least close the obelisks if they do not work! 

30 minutes ago, hotcarbu said:

Incorrect for me bro. Have alot of friends suffering from this problem. If correct coding was in place by WC the trasnfer whould have to be aborted if any of the services failed and returned to the previous state. That would be just the use of some return values fro the transfer variables in AWS itself. So its also WC fault as much as Amazons.

Also do you remember last rollback.... well i was in the island and had to login in SE to find my char again (was there when rollback backup was made) so something is fishy in the "rollback cant solve the issues reported" excuse.

And again i do blame WC for the poor costumer service. 24h past since first reports where generated... yet from the 7 cases i personally know on my servers none got a direct response. Question the habilitie to plan for a situation like this...

1 filter all the tickets for the ones regarding this issue

2 filter by server so a gm can deal with as much possible in each server visit

3 contact each one with a timeline for a gm to be intouch with them

is this really to hard to WC to acheive? tells alot about their planning or better say lack of it.

the way things are going, i would assume thats also part of the "masterplan" of WC costumer service... leave tikets lingering in the limbo.... contact ppl after 1 or 2 months and most for sure 95% of that players already left the game or created new char so they wont need the support assistance. Thats great for then... no work done and alot of tickets closed with "solved" mark on it. On percentages they must be one of the best Costumer Services in the world.

Good luck to all that suffered from this problem and is losing stuff all over the ark network. And on a sidenote to all survivors not afected, Try to help the ones that lost alot... resourses, dinos and also not claiming the ones they raised... that must be hard for some but even if 1 more survivor does it will be a great gesture.

thx carbu for coming and say that. i raly hope the gms simple come and help al lthe ppl fast because this is not normal what they are doing

Just now, ndayon420 said:

are you being serious?

Yeah.. it took ma about 3 attempts but yeah.. I can play as my old character (mind I did not create a new one).. I could see my body on the floor when I logged in with my son's account. So I knew the character was not deleted, I just couldn't log in for some reason. Creating new character would have deleted my previous one so I didn't do it. Maybe I just got lucky.. I don't know.

My character was not lost due to Amazon failure though... I lost it temporarily after the rollback.

21 minutes ago, Musketeer said:

Yeah.. it took ma about 3 attempts but yeah.. I can play as my old character (mind I did not create a new one).. I could see my body on the floor when I logged in with my son's account. So I knew the character was not deleted, I just couldn't log in for some reason. Creating new character would have deleted my previous one so I didn't do it. Maybe I just got lucky.. I don't know.

My character was not lost due to Amazon failure though... I lost it temporarily after the rollback.

So since I made a new character, I'm basically screwed 

The character I lost was on Xbox official PVP.

Wildcard GM Rusty came to my server in game added himself to my tribe then had a conversation about the process. The first time he came our turrets lit him up. The second time he returned in god mode.

ill give them credit for trying hard to fix their mistakes, they do deserve applause for not ignoring mostly everyone that has had an issue but also it needs to be noted I haven't just lost a character during transfer, I have lost mine just walking up the beach.

literally out of nowhere it will say you're dead, create new character.

Archived