Getting Tek Tier

Pachycephalosaurus

It's possible on SP, though playing solo on Official might not be possible simply due to the competition of other tribes greatly increasing the time investment needed to successfully progress to a point where you can access Tek Tier. If you're playing on actual SP, then you'll just need at least ~10 decent Rexes and some Flak, Assault Rifles + Ammo, and Medical Brews. You'll be able to handle the Megapithecus and Broodmother up to medium difficulty with no problem, at least. HM Megapithecus is possible, but you may want to get slightly higher quality gear for that. I've not tried HM Broodmother (legitimately, that is. My friends and I spawned one to fight using a Giga and a Wyvern) or any difficulty Dragon since the release of Tek and variable boss difficulty, tho

13 hours ago, PuffyPony said:

It's possible on SP, though playing solo on Official might not be possible simply due to the competition of other tribes greatly increasing the time investment needed to successfully progress to a point where you can access Tek Tier. If you're playing on actual SP, then you'll just need at least ~10 decent Rexes and some Flak, Assault Rifles + Ammo, and Medical Brews. You'll be able to handle the Megapithecus and Broodmother up to medium difficulty with no problem, at least. HM Megapithecus is possible, but you may want to get slightly higher quality gear for that. I've not tried HM Broodmother (legitimately, that is. My friends and I spawned one to fight using a Giga and a Wyvern) or any difficulty Dragon since the release of Tek and variable boss difficulty, tho

Im playing on a player dedicated server with higher rates

4 minutes ago, Pachycephalosaurus said:

If you are not playing Single Player (Where the bosses take 300% Increased Damage), doing any of the bosses are/is likely not feasible for you legitimately, no. It is, at this point in time, not feasible for almost any tribe without exploits.

I would recommend waiting until they rework the bosses. Currently even the few people beating/farming the bosses are exploiting the badly designed AI or Environment around the bosses to beat them. 

2 hours ago, Pachycephalosaurus said:

I'm going to disagree with iAmE and say you could probably still do easy mode Broodmother and Megapithecus, but you'll definitely want to look at higher-tier equipment (especially saddles) and cranking out some imprinted Rexes first. DPS will be the big problem, but since tames usually constitute most of it anyway, then you'll just need to compensate by making those stronger. I don't know the feasibility of harder difficulty bosses, though

Archived