Ark PvP In A Nutshell

Crows

Ark PvP In A Nutshell

I'm confident enough to say that a very high percentage of all PvP encounters in Ark, definitely involve fliers and mainly who has got the fastest Argy/Ptera (and better ping) to pick whoever up first, then the rest follows - the grabbed player uses their Whip/Grappling Hook/Ebola/Pike/Shotty/Prod etc into a parachute. If it's not flier vs flier, it's flier vs dino. Player A jumps on a biiiiiiig baaaaad max level 100% imprinted Giga and then Player B flies in, grabs him right off the saddle aaaaaand so it begins. *Yawn* 9_9

Outside of organized raiding/wiping where occasional shoot-offs happen, Bird Wars is all that Ark PvP is about. You know why? because birds can be made to fly too fast (let's just be honest about it) and picking players up is too easy, so It's becoming pretty stale all in all, and no I'm not just saying this because it happened to me, I'm just saying in general this is what mostly every PvP encounter involves from my own server, to PvP videos from various different YouTubers. 

Personally, there should be some sort of mechanic to prevent or reduce the chances of being picked up by another player, especially while you're on your own dino/flier. 

The PvP meta isn't really Bird Wars. It's mainly just two tribes attempting to have bird wars (Mainly with Quetzal's when the fight actually starts) while the servers have a seizure and lag so badly that really no one can do anything at all. The two parties repeat this process until one of them manage to offline raid the other. 

I will have to respectfully disagree. The last big war I went to the server was slot capped to 70 players for up to 18 hours at a time, event lasted about 5 to 7 days in total I there was so much more than pteras flying in circles around eachother.

There were a number of different roles, infantry/sniper (unpickable) because grappled to ground. 

Quetzal pilots, unpickable because of quetz build. Had a quetz crew occasionally with a man on mini gun/ ballistic turret/ rocket turret, this person could be picked but was almost always naked so not too much profit in killing them as all quetz crews run a bunk bed or 2 on the platform.

Bronto drivers for soaking, also not pickable because of box built around pilot.

Turtle riders, these guys were very pickable, but even easier to snipe which is what mostly happened.

Also you can only pick people if you have an active base or FOB. Without nearby turrets, a well equipped infintry will grapple your bird and sword it down.

My experience in PvP is much more in line with this video 

I wish I could get to the point where I could actually experience enough PvP to actually get to the "Meta" part. In all reality, I would cite Quetzal's as a much bigger "Offender" in PvP then Ptera's even, and the picking mechanic, as a whole, as extremely problematic. 

Archived