Any chance a max or near max level megalodon take on alpha mosa/squids

cfgonyea90

Im starting to want to farm black pearls and wanna get a water dino fit for that but honestly hate taming mosas or plesios forget the squids (atleast for now seeing as no black pearls yet) megalodons however aren't so bad and saw a 145 the other day and it made me curious if that tamed with kibble or prime and then fully leveled has a chance at taking on the alphas of the sea, probly not high level ones but maybe the low-mid level ones?

13 minutes ago, cfgonyea90 said:

Im starting to want to farm black pearls and wanna get a water dino fit for that but honestly hate taming mosas or plesios forget the squids (atleast for now seeing as no black pearls yet) megalodons however aren't so bad and saw a 145 the other day and it made me curious if that tamed with kibble or prime and then fully leveled has a chance at taking on the alphas of the sea, probly not high level ones but maybe the low-mid level ones?

Unfortunately they would wreck you. You can just about do low level alpha mosa with max lvl plesi's. Highly advise you go for a mosa to do alpha mosa's though

1 hour ago, cfgonyea90 said:

I also used to dread deep  underwater taming but the raft mosa cage build made it so much easier 

Use your Megalodon to kill low level regular squid. Do that until you have a couple hundred Black Pearls. Take a good turtle (Or three) and maybe a friend, and tame a low level Squid. Use the low level squid (I recommend pumping speed) to find a Mosa that you can deal with, and drag it to the surface and to the shore. Knock it out, tame it. Use that Mosa to kill mosa's until you find a "Perfect" (130+ IMO) Mosa. Even raw meat tamed, a 130+ Mosa will be more then capable of clearing Alpha Mosa's of, at least, low level description. 

Yes, under very specific circumstances. I do not recommend trying it. You will need a lot of health to pull it off. Melee is negligible, as you will be in a spot where the alpha will not move, and you can bite forever. Go nose to nose with alpha, then slowly move forward and over the alphas head. It will continue to bite. Slide forward very slowly until you no longer get bit, then stop moving, and your sharks mouth should be able to bite the mosa at the base of its neck. The alpha will continue to bite, but miss, and not move. Eventually, you will win. Alpha may move at some point, requiring repositioning.  If done wrong, (and I only succeeded once) you and your shark stand a good chance of dying. Far easier to just knuckle down and tame a mosa. A level 20 alpha took the better part of an hour with an 11K health and 300 melee shark with 70 armor saddle.

Not my strategy, someone else figured it out. I tried it, and it worked. Once. The other two times I barely escaped with the sharks life.

1 hour ago, BaMxBooZeLLed said:

Maybe a slight shift in topic but I saw a screen of my buddy who was riding his Spino underwater, has anyone ever tried to mob out on Spinos into the deep and go after some alphas?

Just last night i tried a lv45  alpha mosa with a 282 spino 35.5 saddle (best i have so far) and i had to break off from the fight and run.

This wasnt my best spino but a pretty decent one and the fight was pretty one sided.

Yeah no, sharks are pretty lack luster these days with all the nerfs and oceanic power creep they were once solid guard dogs now they are squid bait (literally, thats what I use them for, taming squids). Stepping away from the topic of 'no you cant kill any aquatic alpha with any shark solo', everything down there now can pretty much ruin your day. Squids can hold you still, anglers box you in, mantas dps you down, jellyfish creep up on you in swarms and shock you off said shark, and now there are eels which are essentially jellyfish with itchy speed.

Sharks are a excellent example of how desperately the original dinos need a quality pass (Such as healing more when eating a corpse, or giga style life % bleed effect come to mind).

Sharks are not too bad, we used a pack of thirty to attack a level 55 alpha mosa that we had near our base. It was fun to watch. Didn't lose any, 10K plus health on all with 300-400 melee and MC 70 armor saddles. They do need some attention though. They mobbed the crap out of it and pinned it down. We were drunk and wanted something funny to watch.

On 2/27/2017 at 0:58 PM, Shayne1973 said:

Just last night i tried a lv45  alpha mosa with a 282 spino 35.5 saddle (best i have so far) and i had to break off from the fight and run.

This wasnt my best spino but a pretty decent one and the fight was pretty one sided.

Was it a bred Spino, and if you had a few more of them do you think it would have changed the outcome? I know in the case of my alphas unless trapped in some way it isnt the safest to take on solo anyway. 

13 hours ago, BaMxBooZeLLed said:

Was it a bred Spino, and if you had a few more of them do you think it would have changed the outcome? I know in the case of my alphas unless trapped in some way it isnt the safest to take on solo anyway. 

No it was a wild tamed spino with 12k health and 370 meelee.

Hard to tell how many more it would take seeing as i was getting my backside handed to me.

I did just get a mc spino saddle 67.8 ac and i think i might try a better and bred spino though i still dont think i am going to win.

On 27/02/2017 at 3:22 PM, iAmE said:

Use your Megalodon to kill low level regular squid. Do that until you have a couple hundred Black Pearls. Take a good turtle (Or three) and maybe a friend, and tame a low level Squid. Use the low level squid (I recommend pumping speed) to find a Mosa that you can deal with, and drag it to the surface and to the shore. Knock it out, tame it. Use that Mosa to kill mosa's until you find a "Perfect" (130+ IMO) Mosa. Even raw meat tamed, a 130+ Mosa will be more then capable of clearing Alpha Mosa's of, at least, low level description. 

You have clearly never tamed a Mosa otherwise you would know they have a ceiling depth that they will not rise above and therefore cannot be dragged to surface/shore

54 minutes ago, AshRid said:

You have clearly never tamed a Mosa otherwise you would know they have a ceiling depth that they will not rise above and therefore cannot be dragged to surface/shore

You've obviously never tamed a squid, or you would know they can very easily be dragged to the surface/shore with a squid. Don't believe me though, my surface base just looks like this

I obviously have no clue about the water. None what so ever. 

2 minutes ago, iAmE said:

You've obviously never tamed a squid, or you would know they can very easily be dragged to the surface/shore with a squid. Don't believe me though, my surface base just looks like this

I obviously have no clue about the water. None what so ever. 

You may notice a lack of any 'squid' reference in your post I quoted....... you were talking about Mosa taming

2 minutes ago, AshRid said:

You may notice a lack of any 'squid' reference in your post I quoted....... you were talking about Mosa taming

Err, you may want to reread the post you were quoting then, get your eyes checked, or retake English courses. The squid was wholly mentioned in that post. 

It's literally in the same sentence " Use the low level squid (I recommend pumping speed) to find a Mosa that you can deal with, and drag it to the surface and to the shore.  "

4 minutes ago, iAmE said:

Err, you may want to reread the post you were quoting then, get your eyes checked, or retake English courses. The squid was wholly mentioned in that post. 

It's literally in the same sentence " Use the low level squid (I recommend pumping speed) to find a Mosa that you can deal with, and drag it to the surface and to the shore.  "

"To find a Mosa you can deal with and drag it to the surface/shore"

I refer you to the Mosa depth limitation I originally mentioned.

4 minutes ago, AshRid said:

"To find a Mosa you can deal with and drag it to the surface/shore"

I refer you to the Mosa depth limitation I originally mentioned.

So we've established that you are incapable of reading. Let's solve that real quick;

I specifically, and exactly, said " Use the low level squid (I recommend pumping speed) to find a Mosa that you can deal with, and drag it to the surface and to the shore.  "

That is one sentence. 

Perhaps the ( ) are confusing you. Let's take them out for ease of reading.  "Use the low level squid to find a Mosa that you can deal with, and drag it to the surface and to the shore."

2 minutes ago, iAmE said:

So we've established that you are incapable of reading. Let's solve that real quick;

I specifically, and exactly, said " Use the low level squid (I recommend pumping speed) to find a Mosa that you can deal with, and drag it to the surface and to the shore.  "

That is one sentence. 

Perhaps the ( ) are confusing you. Let's take them out for ease of reading.  "Use the low level squid to find a Mosa that you can deal with, and drag it to the surface and to the shore."

I'm done here now, you keep talking about using a tamed Squid to drag a wild Mosa to surface/shore........

Archived