Golem Petition IMPORTANT!!!

Tiamat

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its PvE, they are just bringing the E to you. There are also a million and one ways to keep a golem away from your base, including building 2-3 high stone pillars, wont stop them completely, but if you do it right, will seriously slow them down, until either A. the kiter gets bored or B. you kite it away or C. build a cannon and tame it, that will teach them.

I wont sign because theres no way to wipe the griefers, trolls or thieves from the server otherwise.

If you are not lazy and actaually use metal gates, then you have nothing to worry about. im sure the ppl signing this petition have stone tier/adobe and have been kited to in the past and still are building in stone/adobe.

USE METAL GATES, KITING THREAT IS NO LONGER AN ISSUE!!!

I read the petition. I dont understand part of that story. "Kited 2 golems though the walls, and inside the base" (which in your story is fully closed with a roof). So how did the golems get inside?

Also, making double walls kinda solves this issue. If they are too far from the inner part where the dinos are, then they cant agro them.

2 minutes ago, Archer5188 said:

I read the petition. I dont understand part of that story. "Kited 2 golems though the walls, and inside the base" (which in your story is fully closed with a roof). So how did the golems get inside?

Also, making double walls kinda solves this issue. If they are too far from the inner part where the dinos are, then they cant agro them.

Apparently you've never seen someone kiting a golem. It has nothing to do with agro distance from the dinos inside. A base and dinos can be destroyed even if all on passive, although in this case some were on neutral. The neutral or passive only matters for wild golems. Honestly, I've never heard of a wild one on its own destroy a base, since they seldom move very far on there own and don't generally spawn near a base.

The kiting of a rock golem happened to my base twice. The first time they destroyed 1/2 of the base and killed all of my wyverns in it (about 7). The 2nd time I was in the base and came out and they stopped. They had come close to destroying part of it, even though I had put metal pillars all around the base. This 2nd time I think was someone just being stupid and not actually trying to destroy my base. Both time all my tames were on passive.

The golem does not have to agro to any of the tames. It only needs to be agro'd onto the person kiting it. It will continue throwing rocks as long as it is agro'd and if it is throwing them in the direction of a base or a tame, it will eventually destroy it or kill the tame. The attack is very powerful and has a wide AOE. So it can destroy the base and kill things at the same time.

After that 2nd time, I added additional metal pillars, metal gates, and some metal foundations around the perimeter. I haven't been kited to since that. After the first time I added a lot of metal pillars, but wasn't sure about what distance from my base was needed, from the 2nd attack, I realized it was not adequate. BTW, there is always 1 or 2 wild rock golems within sight of my base almost all of the time. Never once did they attack randomly on their own, since all my dinos are inside walls where they can't be seen.

21 minutes ago, Woodsman said:

Ive seen it happen on SE servers before. All the large bases and there tames destroyed and kill in less than an hours time. Golems are everywhere and able to destroy stone with their stone throw attack with 3 or 4 throws it doesnt matter what aggro it 

Oh ok. Now I understand. Thanks.

19 minutes ago, BulletForce said:

This is just the survival part of the game coming to your base. You really want to live in a bubble free of any danger?

Remember, this is PVE, not PVP. When someone kites a rock elemental to your base and destroys it, this is something it almost never would do on its own, this is a player destroying another player's base, hence, PVP on a PVE server.

Just now, wildbill said:

Remember, this is PVE, not PVP. When someone kites a rock elemental to your base and destroys it, this is something it almost never would do on its own, this is a player destroying another player's base, hence, PVP on a PVE server.

Kiting is a legitimate part of PVE. Since its not the player attacking their base but AI it's a legit PVE encounter.

1 minute ago, BulletForce said:

Kiting is a legitimate part of PVE. Since its not the player attacking their base but AI it's a legit PVE encounter.

Seriously? its like the reverse of saying guns dont kill people its people that kill people

AI is just being used as a weapon

Its like if I push u off a cliff Im not guilty of murder because its gravity that killed you not me 

15 minutes ago, Woodsman said:

Seriously? its like the reverse of saying guns dont kill people its people that kill people

Its like if I push u off a cliff Im not guilty of murder because its gravity that killed you not me 

And even then, technically, inertia killed you, not gravity. Gravity merely pulled you toward the ground.

13 minutes ago, Woodsman said:

According to your logic wild dinos attacking your tames should also be stopped. If someone can kite a Golem to your base, the player that owns the base can also kite it away. It's a two way system.

Also who makes their base out of stone anyway? Stone is for beginners.

5 minutes ago, BulletForce said:

According to your logic wild dinos attacking your tames should also be stopped. If someone can kite a Golem to your base, the player that owns the base can also kite it away. It's a two way system.

Also who makes their base out of stone anyway? Stone is for beginners.

U notice how its always rock golem or only rock golems are used to kite to peoples bases because no other animals has the same ability to destroy someones base in very little time

if some other wild dino attacks ur tames there is a good chance ur tame will end up winning and not being kill but against a rock golems they have no chance thats why griefers use them

11 minutes ago, Woodsman said:

U notice how its always rock golem or only rock golems are used to kite to peoples bases because no other animals has the same ability to destroy someones base in very little time

if some other wild dino attacks ur tames there is a good chance ur tame will end up winning and not being kill but against a rock golems they have no chance thats why griefers use them

A Giga would do a lot of damage not only to stone but to dinos. A high level Rex likewise is deadly to dinos.

Yea true but u dont see gigas all over the map, they are very rare spawns 

Rock golems are everywhere im going to estimate at least 100 on a map at one time it doesnt take much time to find one maybe 3 to 5 minutes and lure it somewhere

How long would it take to find a giga or high enough rex to kite somewhere? probably more than 1 day of constant searching

50 minutes ago, BulletForce said:

Yes, kiting is a legitimate griefing tool. What this thread is about, is removing the tools griefers use to destroy bases and kill other player's dinos on a PVE server. PVE - Player vs Environment, not PVP - Player vs Player. If you can't get that, please stay on the PVP servers that you usually play on.

Nothing legit about PVP on a PVE server. I don't think you will find a single PVE player that would think kiting is PVE

Archived