Admins to players

Admins to players

What I am about to say may hurt feelings but this in no way shape or form is to hurt someone this has to be said on behalf of the server admins who do have trouble with recruiting cause of some issues..

I am 26 years and in the military also I teach economics on the side. To those that say surviving as admin is easy cause we have the power to spawn what ever.. some admins work hard to build bases while A. You are away. B while you are building.. something called resource  management  if you don't use the metal ingots and cp to build metal instead put it towards something more practical.

Servers are dying cause 1. Admins raid someone they automatically  assume it's spawned in 2 admins have big bases after being on a server for 4 weeks.. 3 kids complain about getting kicked out from the admin tribe... and say they booted you for no reason. 

There is literally  no way pleasing anyone... no admin charges you to play on there server... and I'll tell you why 1 are electoral  bill rises we have to maintain a clean xbox  some of us even have another TV to monitor. We are using  our Internet to provide a free service.

What I am saying is to the player stop we get it you been through  bad relationshipshape with admins but don't take it out on guys who just want to play on a good server

7 hours ago, DeimosArk said:

I've run a server for around 4 months and not once been accused of cheating, I have admin logging on, an active set of players and I like to raid.

Perhaps look at what kind of people you are recruiting and the way you interact with everyone if you are having issues all of the time.

Agreed, with admin logging... players can say what ever they want cause everyone sees what has been spawned. I'm not even the alpha tribe...

Guest DJRone89

It's much easier for people to scream admin abuse then to face facts but if you present yourself in a way that avoids suspicion then you should have no reason to turn on admin logging.

I've ran a server for 6 months. I used to use it but it became annoying when I needed to use commands for player replacements and routine stuff as we all know it can mess up the chat log.

4 months ago I turned it off and I haven't been accused of cheating simply because I don't. Our tribe prefers grinding and my server is built around it so it all depends how you run yours and what perception your community has of you.

10 minutes ago, DJRone89 said:

It's much easier for people to scream admin abuse then to face facts but if you present yourself in a way that avoids suspicion then you should have no reason to turn on admin logging.

I've ran a server for 6 months. I used to use it but it became annoying when I needed to use commands for player replacements and routine stuff as we all know it can mess up the chat log.

4 months ago I turned it off and I haven't been accused of cheating simply because I don't. Our tribe prefers grinding and my server is built around it so it all depends how you run yours and what perception your community has of you.

Of course like you said its the perception of yourself, but having admin logging turned on helps with that. You gained your players trust before turning it off. Also like yourself I play PVE which is much easier and less dramatic than PVP like the OP is referring to. Admin abuse is a lot more common and harmful on PVP.

Even with admin logging on  its usually admins spawn things in when reveryone is offline  I had those excuses b4 but the facts is trolls take away from Beginning  servers like my self  to build and thrive  I use a easy resource management   to get what I need but it's hard. And when trolls come in raise he'll to just destroy new comer on site and recruit for other servers  it's not fair

Guest DJRone89
6 hours ago, TedyBearOfDeath said:

Of course like you said its the perception of yourself, but having admin logging turned on helps with that. You gained your players trust before turning it off. Also like yourself I play PVE which is much easier and less dramatic than PVP like the OP is referring to. Admin abuse is a lot more common and harmful on PVP.

My server was PvPvE for the last 3 months and only converted over back to PvE last week. I ran Primitive+ PvE for the first 3 months and the core game for the last 3 months.

A very high percentage of my players have only ever known us to have admin logging disabled.

Though I agree it's the easiest way to settle any arguments, a true challenge is gaining the trust of your players without resorting to having it enabled. Good luck to any host who takes my approach because believe it is difficult but in turn more rewarding as you gain a very trusting community in the process.

Archived