jail

saippatheking

On 2/26/2017 at 7:09 PM, saippatheking said:

jail

about 2hours ago got jailed in the ps4 server is there anything to do when you got handcuffs this really ruins game :(

Yeah it sucks but I also think it's one of the most fascinating additions to this game.  I really hope they don't remove it.  My advice is instead of just complaining about it get together a group of folks to come break you out!

Yeah being able to handcuff and jail people is a real highlight in pvp imo. It adds a lot dynamics to the game for sure. Your best bet of escaping, if you don't have anyone to break you out is waiting for them to go offline. You can view their steam name and wait for them to log out. Then you unfortunately have to wait for yourself to starve but if you try this method with your jailer online it just gives them entertainment and they will force feed your character to keep you alive.

24 minutes ago, Rock989 said:

Force yourself to poop also, it used to be Z key but you have to bind it now, will kill you faster. But wait for your captor to go offline

That is a good advise.... Stay in the game doing nothing for an extended period of time. And if you are really lucky they take shifts to keep you alive forever. And thanks to handcuffs you can't even interact with anything.

No Handcuffs are one of the most broken features of the game, since it actively keeps people from playing the game. I like the concept but the way it is executed in the game is poorly thought out. If you use common sense you actually know that you can't give to players that gives them the opportunity to actually force people stop playing the game. To a responsible and grown player you can, sadly these days more and more sadistic sociopathic are coming to games that need some kind of social skills and seem to only be able to have fun if they can ruin the gameplay experience of others. Poor chaps. 

Anyways, since a responsible playerbase in reality is nothing more than wishful thinking there is a simple fix for that: Hand cuffed persons have a higher starvation/dehydration rate and can't be force fed or retranqued. If they get loaded with weight when getting handcuffed the rate is even higher. So no matter what happens, people can no longer keep others from playing the game forever, but for gameplay reasons at least for 15-20 minutes. They still serve a purpose, but they are not that game- and population-breaker anymore that they are now. 

Luckily i have never been in such a situation. But i never had the wish to ruin other peoples fun either so this is only my opinion. But looking at so many systems that are in place that are totally in favor of a small minority over a large majority, the idea of "regulated" Servertypes and "unregulated/outlaw" type of servers where things are like they are now, grows to be a good idea. That way everybody can find their ARK the way they want to play. On official that is, SP and unofficial servers are already an option which is used way more than the official servers which should be a little hint for Wc that something might be in for an overhaul. Hopefully things will get more diverse when implementation phase is over and balancing starts to ramp up. 

I guess I can see the point that handcuffs can be a bad mechanic. I don't enjoy when a game does something to encourage you not to play. I feel that way about the Sandstorms on the Scorched Earth map as well. A better way to deal with the handcuffs would be to implement a way for the player to pick the lock and escape. That way they could at least try to eat their poop or punch themselves to death if they are still jailed.

Archived