BP's nerfed!?

AzraelRavenwing

BP's nerfed!?

What the heck are they thinking? is this a bug that my ASC bps are now just the same or worse than some JM bps i got? what the hell? I know Wildcard likes to crap on us majority PVE players, who seems to make up most of their player base, but this seems to stupid for it to be a legitimate thing.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, AzraelRavenwing said:

BP's nerfed!?

What the heck are they thinking? is this a bug that my ASC bps are now just the same or poopter than some JM bps i got? what the hell? I know Wildcard likes to crap on us majority PVE players, who seems to make up most of their player base, but this seems to stupid for it to be a legitimate thing.

poopter? ?  Sorry man I just started laughing when I saw that. Especially since my in game name is pooter lol

more than likely is was either a mistake or a cover up. That does suck that it affects the pve crowd as well. As for pvp I am glad it happened though

14 minutes ago, Jostabeere said:

If you'd read the patchnotes, you'd know exactly what they have done. They nerfed items you got by fishing only.

Item Stats on all Official Servers are now clamped to negate the old no-longer-achievable OP items generated by then-unbalanced Fishing Rod.

That is what was supposed to happen but a lot of people are saying that it happened to their drop bps as well

8 minutes ago, Jostabeere said:

People also can tell lies. Or simply forgetting where they got BPs from. So far we did not have any real evidence that drop BPs were nerfed aswell.

Crap I almost forgot you are the skeptic. That wasn't an insult btw but of the few I always argue with there are different names for the few. One is the troll which is not you also btw. 

Try to have a little faith in people. Not everybody is a liar. And yes I know there is a lot out there but it's not everybody.

plus, it's not like wildcard hasn't made a mistake before right? ?

I found today after the Patch a 101 Saddle BP for Deer. I craft it maybe 5 mins ago and it shows me 101 Armor. One Guy craft a 300%+ Dmg Pike 3 mins ago. So Devs only destroy all Bps for nothing. I Play on a Offical PVE Server. The Saddle BP i found today in Snow Cave in a red Crate. 

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=873247459     BP

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=873247487     Saddle

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=873247528     Server

1 minute ago, Gafgarion said:

I found today after the Patch a 101 Saddle BP for Deer. I craft it maybe 5 mins ago and it shows me 101 Armor. One Guy craft a 300%+ Dmg Pike 3 mins ago. So Devs only destroy all Bps for nothing. I Play on a Offical PVE Server. The Saddle BP i found today in Snow Cave in a red Crate. 

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=873247459     BP

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=873247487     Saddle

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=873247528     Server

Wow so they nerfed it for the people who play fair, once again, just so those who don't can exploit glitches they found and do it anyway. GOOD JOB WC.

Just now, Volcano637 said:

Well I am not going to get you the early access poop that they are. Believe me it does suck but also as you said these bps were straight up OP like a 200 armor giga saddle? There is no way a giga needs that much armor. Like 100 the most. If it is bred and you have 100% imprint and you are on it with the 100 armor saddle then god have mercy on whoever you are going after. 

I see where you are coming from and I wish wildcard never made this stuff so OP in the first place but they messed up. Unfortunately I am glad that they nerfed this stuff. Though I do realize that it does suck for people that already had it

ok and i get some of them, but it should have been on a weapon/saddle/armour basis. Like nerf an asc giga saddle down from 200+ armour or asc launchers with 400+ dmg, don't nerf the ******* weapons that were below 300 dmg wt f.

Just now, Khatzaenyia said:

ok and i get some of them, but it should have been on a weapon/saddle/armour basis. Like nerf an asc giga saddle down from 200+ armour or asc launchers with 400+ dmg, don't nerf the ******* weapons that were below 300 dmg wt f.

Yes I do agree with that. They only should have messed with the outlandish ones. Wildcard is not perfect, and don't take that as me defending them because I very rarely do it and this is not one of those times but you kind of just have to look at it that way. That's not me saying the crap some of these guys say like oh well or welcome to early access or some other useless comment, but you just gotta look at it like that, they just aren't perfect and unfortunately they are sub par. Thinking any other way will drive you crazy

The FUTURE of LOOT in ARK (BP/Item NERF)

My Comments here are about The HIGH END ITEMS and the future of LOOT in ARK.
FIRST: I am NOT here whining about my lost Time and Efforts NOR the shelfs full of collected BPs that are extremely expensive and therefore useless now.

"Item Stats on all Official Servers are now clamped to negate the old no-longer-achievable OP items generated by then-unbalanced Fishing Rod."

This wave of Nerfing was not done well, but future of loot in ARK still can be fixed.

What they are trying to do

Wildcard is trying to solve 2 problems i think.

1) fix the crazy powerful Fishing Rod drops on bps/items from way back when fishing was broken.

2) Reduce the quality of items so Tek Tier can better fit in the ARK environment.

What they did
NOW - From what I see Item stats have been clamped:

• weapons get capped / clamped @ 250 DMG
  • Flak @ 400 ARMOR
  • Ghillie/FUR @ 160  ARMOR
  • Chitin @ 200 ARMOR
  • Saddles @ 100, 75 etc. ARMOR

Also Rocket launcher Nerf means they don't have stats and are more like C4. (not discussed here)

Problems:

1) There are still hyper efficient BPs and Items from existing fishing rod glitch that the patch did not address. such as Journeyman Longneck at 250 DMG, etc.
    - A lot of ascendant stuff you find now be undesired as its expensive for its dmg / armor value. (more testing to be done on this)
2) There are still those extreme BPs / Items (700% longneck etc) in existence on official servers. These were not affected as they were in the cloud during nerf wave.

What they should have done

• They should have instead scaled both damage/armor and durability on items back % based.
  • Cost of Nerfed items should have also been scaled back.
  • They could also added a unique hard cap to each Grade such as primitive, Apprentice, journeyman, mastercraft, ascendant.
  • (OPTIONAL)They could also consider a different hard cap per item. Sniper rifle should not hardcap at same value as longneck or pump shotgun for example.
  • If issue with cloud cannot be resolved, Disable uploading altogether for 24 hours then do your nerf wave? 

Observations and What should we expect?

I found 267 pump after the initial nerf WAVE. There was a server restart sometime after and my pump became clamped down to 250 DMG.

SO THE QUESTION IS:

what is wildcard planning?

Are these BPS / ITEMS Getting *CLAMPED* after Every Server Restart? 

• 1) Perhaps doing this until they PURGE all the high end and hyper efficient items properly?

• 2) Perhaps until they REDUCE the loot tables for drops and current fishing? (Maybe they did not think of changing the loot you can get right now from drops and Fishing as im currently getting many items higher than clamp values right now)

I am really HOPING FOR OPTION 1 and perhaps they consider my suggestions above.

LOOT in ark has been really fun. Loot in games really draws players in when done right.
These caps have really impacted my desire to play along with about at least 50 other people I know.
LOOT is now REALLY EXTREMELY Boring.

*EDIT* | New Info | February 28 2017 | patch v255.2

PATCH 255.2

1. "Increased item stat clamp on Official Servers to better reflect top-tier items (and properly clamped items in CrossARK Tribute Storage)."

NEW CLAMPS:

•  WEAPONS @ 285 DMG 
  • SADDLES @ 117.5 ARMOR 
  • GHILLIE / FUR ARMOR @ 188 ARMOR 
  • CHITIN/FLAK/RIOT @ NOT SURE

- Previously clamped items are still at Previous Values.
    - Every server restart will reset values on Items and blueprints you find.
    - Items / BPS in cloud during server restart do NOT get reset

PROBLEMS STILL EXIST:

1) It is complete nonsense and player impacting that currently obtainable items are greater than this clamp value.
       Good items that you find get downgraded when the serve restarts. This is NOT acceptable. This will upset a  LOT of players.
    2) Existing Items in the game such as hyper efficient Apprentice blueprints still exist from broken fishing and are unaffected by this clamping.
       Tribes that have these items such as 250DMG apprentice sniper or longneck will have a huge PVP advantage.
    3) Broken Items/BPS are persistent through server restart when put into the cloud. Those that know that will abuse it.

This nerf is absolute bullsh*t. You just ruined a years worth of hard work obtaining rare blueprints through countless runs through the most difficult caves in the game. 

Here's a fine example of what you did. I obtained this sword blueprint which used to have 370% damage in the snow cave. Now it's got 250% damage but the materials to make it hasn't changed any at all. Still 2770 ingots. 

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=873271955

Here is a friends sword blueprint. It used to be 270% damage, and was lowered to 250.0. And the mats required to make his also didn't change one bit. 

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/90474193439777030/1F3D0F8150A3794A44351DF45D26A94CE0DF1234/

Essentially what you have done is make the blueprints of people who worked harder, searched longer, and/or traded higher level dinos which took countless hours to obtain absolutely WORTHLESS. 

Has it ever crossed your minds that it may be a better idea instead of nerfing the hell out of things people put so much time and effort into in order to obtain, that instead of ruining their stuff, maybe buff other aspects of the game to balance things out? There are TWO ways in order to achieve your goal here, and you ALWAYS pick the way that screws over people who worked harder to obtain them. Had you actually picked the other way to achieve balance, i can't think of a single thing people would have to complain about.

Archived