BP's nerfed!?

AzraelRavenwing

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This nerf even tho for some of its aspects GOOD was utterly badly handled. 

The devs should think about the prospect of rare items/bps..how it makes ppl spend alot of time in game. 

Now that there is no super special items for people to get.. Ppl will likely have more reasons to get bored to the game faster. 

Stories of legendary level items make headlines etc. Now its like aah you have 250% long neck. So what. 

Perhaps implemet super rare bullets with more damage. Super rare armor piercing bullets (no bp). pile of 50 from a drop. 

Its good to have special stuff for ppl to drool over. 

The problem with "super rare" anything is that usually it is based on time in game. This means that those who can and do spend a large part of the day, every day in game will automatically have the advantage over people who don't have that kind of time. If you can spend 18 hours 7 days a week hunting down beacons, you will be guaranteed to eventually have an overwhelming advantage over most other players. People generally consider this to be 'fair', seeing as how the player invested so many hours collecting. But this loses sight of the larger reality that this is a game where everyone should have the chance to have the kind of fun that comes with having a super rare item. It should not be based on how many hours a day a person can log in. 

Basing it on skill is a tricky proposition too, considering the frequent glitches, exploits, and cheating that happens. In a competitive PvP game, you find the most success when most people are on a fairly level field, without overwhelming advantages. I think this BP thing is a step toward that. Of course people who have this collection of OP gear and like to be able to stomp other players without fear will be upset. They will quit, or get over it.

I'd like to think that WC will find a way to distribute these super rare items more fairly. Even if it means that every time a player opens a beacon, they get a hidden stacking debuff that decays slowly. The higher the hidden debuff, the less likely they will find higher level gear, rare items, or gear quality in beacons or crates. This would even the playing field a little for people who are only able to hit a few beacons in a play session.

Here we go. Trolls attack, activate! 

Found a pair of asc riot gauntlets months ago in an underwater drop. 500.4 armor. Decent ascendant gauntlets. Bad durability. But now, they are only 460 armor. 

Now, trolls insinuate I am lying. You are not the ones I speak to.

WC has clamped the startup script to nerf any BPs or armor greater than the allotted value. This is a server startup script, not an ingame running script. So yes, you can still find better BPs for armor and weapons and saddles. Guess what happens to them at the next update? Nerf. And for the people that put them in the cloud? Any saddles or weapons or armor you make, nerf at the next server update. This applies to many things in the game right now. The clever ones know what I mean. 

As for the claims to still have saddles with greater than 100 armor? You won't. Not for long. Unless you are playing unofficial and remove that startup script. Or solo and change your ini files. Either way, you are circumventing game mechanics for your benefit. There's a word for that. 

Point being, WC hamhandedly tries to "fix" or "balance" issues. 

I swear, if they were a dentist, they'd use a jackhammer to remove a rotten tooth.

Back to the statement WC made. 

Clarification.  Anything, ANYTHING that can be gotten from the fishing loot table has been nerfed. Whether it can from a deep sea drop, from a cave, or from destroying a vault and finding a cool BP, max armor is capped and lowered. 

It was an across the board nerf of everything. 

The devs are working on being sneaky. They are playing dirty and not publishing patch notes, or changing them, or just implementing nerds and changes without telling you. 

As I check this place probably more than once a day, other boards much less, maybe someone else who does can tell me this..At any point in time, were any of these nerfs announced until after the patch? 

See, there's this part also.

Dynamic bridges. I have been waiting for them for over a year. As have many other people. But somehow, WC cannot figure out how to make it work. They keep changing the date because figuring out how to do something a modder did over a year ago is too hard for them.

Now who here thinks this nerf to everything was a spur of the moment? They can't get right something so simple a single person could create.

They've been planning this for a long time. And intentionally told no one. Not even in the patch notes that are supposed to be able their way of keeping the players informed. When it is convenient for them to tell the truth and actually inform us of what is going on.

Anyone else feel cheated?

3 hours ago, GEonWAR said:

Why a solo player go in PvP?

If I am 1 man tribe then dev should treat me as VIP?

Nothing restricted for anyone in PvP, If they have good weapon then no one can stop you from getting as good as them, go get it, earn it.

I was refering to that that if you are raided, you are bad player. Why not 1 man tribe? If I dont like others and dont trust people?

As on topic. Yea we also lost some good bp for asc longneck which was 400+. But dodnt check if all bp are like that. Even those from drops

On 2/14/2017 at 3:47 PM, Jen said:

Item Stats on all Official Servers are now clamped to negate the old no-longer-achievable OP items generated by then-unbalanced Fishing Rod

Couple of problems with the way this was handled:

1. Despite what they have noted in the patch notes, WC clamped CURRENTLY OBTAINABLE items as well as the broken day 1 fishing items. This indicates either a clear lack of understanding of how their own game works, or a gross apathy towards those that legitimately earned their items.

2. WC clamped the damage without adjusting costs, a previously 350% longneck print is now strictly worse than a new 250% longneck print because it will likely cost ~50% more materials to build.

3. WC did nothing about the "ultra efficient" pre nerf fishing bps, all of those ramshackle/apprentice 250% prints still exist in the wild and are far more OP than a 350% ascended bp ever was.

4. If it WAS their intention to permanently limit all print stats, then they should of adjusted the drop tables to permanently limit them. Clamping everything upon restart is a lazy solution, and is terribly unintuitive for players who don't browse the forums.

The IDEA behind the change is good, but the actual change was lazily developed, but they used a sledgehammer instead of a scalpel causing significant collateral damage.

On 2/14/2017 at 3:47 PM, Jen said:

Item Stats on all Official Servers are now clamped to negate the old no-longer-achievable OP items generated by then-unbalanced Fishing Rod

1. Despite what they have noted in the patch notes, WC clamped CURRENTLY OBTAINABLE items as well as the broken day 1 fishing items. This indicates either a clear lack of understanding of how their own game works, or a gross apathy towards those that legitimately earned their items.

2. WC clamped the damage without adjusting costs, a previously 350% longneck print is now strictly worse than a new 250% longneck print because it will likely cost ~50% more materials to build.

3. WC did nothing about the "ultra efficient" pre nerf fishing bps, all of those ramshackle/apprentice 250% prints still exist in the wild and are far more OP than a 350% ascended bp ever was.

4. If it WAS their intention to permanently limit all print stats, then they should of adjusted the drop tables to permanently limit them. Clamping everything upon restart is a lazy solution, and is terribly unintuitive for players who don't browse the forums.

The IDEA behind the change is good, but the actual change was lazily developed, but they used a sledgehammer instead of a scalpel causing significant collateral damage.

42 minutes ago, Dazed said:

The implementation on this "fix" is just terrible. A server start script that just caps items and bps at some value.

They do this also without even capping the items you can still get in the game so people will be continuously disappointed in the high end items they might find in caves or from fishing. Imagine how confusing and irritating this to the average player that good items they find suddenly downgrade after a server restart??

25 minutes ago, Jostabeere said:

To be honest, I didn't really care to read your posts careful when they are mostly made of insults about WCs work, because it doesn't please you. And I don't feel to read them now if you're unable to propely express yourself without literally screaming with burning passion.

since mods wanna delete my post, sounds like the issue for both you and the devs is that you cant be bothered with stuff. you cant be bothered reading a post before replying to it, devs cant be bothered to properly implement a pretty simple update that is supposed to improve and balance the game. weird

9 hours ago, Jostabeere said:

Why do you call what you think is the best "Proper"? What if this is the proper solution, and many BPs were unbalanced, thus nerfed? Just because YOU think something is right, doesn't mean it IS right.

Are you intentionally being daft, or did you wake up that way? This nerf was specifically done to address OP blueprints that came from the first day of fishing where 500 effectiveness rods were everywhere and the loot gained from fishing with them was OP. If that was the case, why the hell did they nerf blueprints that ARE NOT PART OF THE FISHING LOOT TABLE?? You cannot get Swords bp, Xbow BP, Pick bp, Hatchet bp, Rex, saber, spino, etc and many other BPs from fishing. So anyone with a high quality blueprint of those types obtained it LEGITIMATELY.  And now they're worthless because the material cost is of those nerfed blueprints is still set to it being a far superior item.

Oh... here is something interesting. I got two ascendant saddles on Scorched Earth today. One is for an Araneo and has 111.4 armor,  and the other is a giga saddle with 108.7 armor. So what happened with the cap? Or does the cap only apply to The Island? Im sure you guys remember the patch notes from a few weeks ago where they buffed drops on SE? Well... its beginning to look like this whole thing was a half-baked plan to increase SE sales. 

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=873784872

8 hours ago, Akkori said:

The problem with "super rare" anything is that usually it is based on time in game.

Yeah. its called capitalism. If you work longer hours, do better at your job, you earn more and achieve greater success than the government worker who clocks in and spends half the day on facebook while fondling himself. Everyone should be given equal opportunity for success, but NOT be guaranteed equal outcome regardless of performance. Sounds  a bit like every kid getting a trophy even though their team got their butts kicked. 

8 hours ago, AndrewLB said:

Im sure you guys remember the patch notes from a few weeks ago where they buffed drops on SE? Well... its beginning to look like this whole thing was a half-baked plan to increase SE sales. 

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=873784872

BOOM and there it is. wouldn't surprise me since they've proven time and time again that they'd rather add DLC and fluff like tek tier to increase sales instead of spending actual time on the countless things in game that are already broken and bothering to do it right. like jfc how long did it take for them to fix allos wiping medium size tribes completely from spawning inside base after they claimed to fix it over and over like so many other things.

I feel for all your losses. But i wonder if it is a to hard to get concept that every weapon above 250% is unbalanced/OP/game breaking? 

Yes WC needs to adjust all blueprints in terms of cost and stats, so give them time. Maybe the best option to balance it all is to actually lock dmg to 250% (except rocket launchers) for ascendant all the way down to 100% or primitive, and keep the cost so that ascendant is really the top notch. But the way it is right now it is just to much of a static power system. The strong get stronger and the weak are getting weaker. That might be the way life goes but i a computer game environment it should be better than real life. And not everybody can sit in front of one game 24/7. 

1 hour ago, Arrclyde said:

I feel for all your losses. But i wonder if it is a to hard to get concept that every weapon above 250% is unbalanced/OP/game breaking?

No it's not. People are just entitled and think that they are supposed to have these items.

I don't mind WC slowly balancing the items out and give them caps. I think 250% max damage and stuff like 400 max armor is a good thing.

But they still should address the crafting costs. If a weapon is only 2.5 times better than a Primitive, it shouldn't be 100 times more expensive.

No one is actually reading the thread lol. I'm pretty sure that clamping would be a good idea if resources were clamped as well. They were not. Now we get things that costs thousands of ingots have the same damage/armor as something that only requires hundreds. In no way is that balanced. Also BPs over 250 still exist, the clamp was ineffective since you can still get those BPs from cave crates. None of my concern though.

36 minutes ago, 10,000 Jelly Doughnuts said:

No one is actually reading the thread lol. I'm pretty sure that clamping would be a good idea if resources were clamped as well. They were not. Now we get things that costs thousands of ingots have the same damage/armor as something that only requires hundreds. In no way is that balanced. Also BPs over 250 still exist, the clamp was ineffective since you can still get those BPs from cave crates. None of my concern though.

Maybe they aren't finish balancing out BP weapons and gear? I wrote, give them time. What is so difficult to keep your precious BPs until they are fixed? My guess is they won't fix those for a while, screaming "now now now NAOW!!!!" won't make it happen sooner. So relax, wait and see. 

But expect it to go other ways too. Now you scream that the Ascendant BP is no better than a mastercrafted.... BAM they nerf Mastercrafted too, mats stay the same. Problem solved ;-)

18 hours ago, Wazzamaniac said:

I may be optimistic here, but clamped" sounds like something reversible, not just change the actual values but add a multiplier or something. I am frustrated, of course, but part of me thinks that they are doing this bootleg temporary fix to change things and then remove the clamp. Maybe. We'll see.

That would be excellent news!

3 hours ago, Arrclyde said:

Maybe they aren't finish balancing out BP weapons and gear? I wrote, give them time. What is so difficult to keep your precious BPs until they are fixed? My guess is they won't fix those for a while, screaming "now now now NAOW!!!!" won't make it happen sooner. So relax, wait and see. 

But expect it to go other ways too. Now you scream that the Ascendant BP is no better than a mastercrafted.... BAM they nerf Mastercrafted too, mats stay the same. Problem solved ;-)

Not even complaining about it. Just seems poorly thought out by the devs. They should have clamped the mats down as well, but they just made a change without thinking about it. Also we need to complain that is how the devs learn they done goofed. We can give feedback and people are allowed to say that this change is poorly thought out.

Archived