BP's nerfed!?

AzraelRavenwing

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I played this game for rng numbers on gear. ASC RIFLE!!! No way!!!! Oh lame 180 dmg and 220 dura. poop rng roll oh well.  OH poop asc rifle!!!! 400 dmg 500 dura!!! raptor ya score. What do i farm for?    If I have 3 250 fab snipers, thats enough for me.  I dont lose my kit usually during pvp so why even farm now?  So what about quetzals and brontos now?  Do we nerf everything into the floor?  Please lets continue this discussion in a positive and thoughtful manner. It needs real attention.

4 minutes ago, neohack said:

lol no one expends resources for no reward you thatchy, you dont understand the scale of warfare that im talking about here go crawl back into your like 200 turret base 

You'd be surprised. We've wiped plenty of tribes that had little more then wood or stone. The best cost vs reward ratios I find come from stone bases. Often a surprisingly decent amount of good stuff for a few grenades.

I feel you man. Our tribe saved up heaps of our good BPs, even traded bulk mats for them so we could eventually make them in the replicator at last. Now, I dont even see the point in playing. Playing just for the dinos is pointless, thats what PVE is for, especially when i can tame the new dinos in bulk straight off the bat. TEK is essentially more useless than MC flak, raiding is now far to costly, near impossible to raid alphas with bulk turrents (due to the bronto/turtle armor patch). The worst part is that all the material costs are the same as before the nerf, so a 500%+ LGNK rifle costs upwards of 12k in mats but now for 250% damage...what a joke.

Just now, TheDozzman said:

I feel you man. Our tribe saved up heaps of our good BPs, even traded bulk mats for them so we could eventually make them in the replicator at last. Now, I dont even see the point in playing. Playing just for the dinos is pointless, thats what PVE is for, especially when i can tame the new dinos in bulk straight off the bat. TEK is essentially more useless than MC flak, raiding is now far to costly, near impossible to raid alphas with bulk turrents (due to the bronto/turtle armor patch). The worst part is that all the material costs are the same as before the nerf, so a 500%+ LGNK rifle costs upwards of 12k in mats but now for 250% damage...what a joke.

There is always PVP mode. In that mode you can actually use all those weapon's you been hoarding in a rewarding fashion.

You define absolutely breaking the loot mechanic as "a small issue" that will be addressed in the future? Good luck with that. Quality loot is one of the only things left in end-game, and it's now completely broken, but I'm sure they'll jump right on fixing that now, cuz you said so. This nerf does nothing except cater to new players who haven't made it out of primitive tier, but apparently that's the problem, going by your logic there shouldn't be tiers, just everyone gets the same stuff, I know, we should remove the level system as well!? xD

3 minutes ago, BulletForce said:

You'd be surprised. We've wiped plenty of tribes that had little more then wood or stone. The best cost vs reward ratios I find come from stone bases. Often a surprisingly decent amount of good stuff for a few grenades.

lmfao what point is there raiding stone bases even theres "good" bp they'd just be the same bp you already have 500 copies of, and resources that you could farm faster yourself then it would take to transfer over. pretty much same with bigger alpha bases now, the only loot even remotely worth it is if you KNOW they have nice fert eggs you want in their fridges and you'd have to even know ahead a time what they have and what they don't. only point in raiding one now is to take a server but that would be next to impossible now against any legitimate alpha with all launchers being nerfed to prim and all bp nerfed to 250 all saddles at 100 and soaking/war dinos in general nerfed to ****e

Think I agree with the problems, those extreme BP's are insane really, the fixes are pretty good but I think basing damage/armour on a fixed % would be bad, each BP or item might need a certain % to make it balanced, problem is BP's themselves are the cornerstone is high-end stuffs so those BP's determine the cost of high-end stuff, obviously high-end things need to be expensive so newbies who don't know the game can't pick up a rocket launcher and go at it to someones base but at the same time experienced players should be able to make them with a fair amount of ease, I guess BP's are one of those things that will never make players 100% happy.

53 minutes ago, BulletForce said:

The devs have said in another thread that items taken out of cloud are automatically nerfed upon entry into the world. 

Unfortunately they made a mistake as I can tell you personally someone i know was able to pull out arounod 500 dmg longneck and other goodies from the cloud

To be honest , i feel very negative about this nerf .

Do someone complain about OP weapon before ? They are expensive and asc fishing rod only come from alpha mosa or squid which is very rare .

Even worse , boss HP not adjust to compensate for these nerf , i have seen many game studio nerf weapon damage then changed enemy HP to compensate , this ? WC is such a sadist .

I don't understand why PvE, Single Player, and Private servers had to have a reduction/cap in the stats. What is the downside of these stats remaining that PvE and Single players had to get hit with this change? (if pve/SP didnt get hit with the change I apologize, I was not keeping track of the stats before this change) Is it a lack of coding made to globally change everything to make "PvP" more fair/balanced, like what happened with the Ptero speed?

I don't PvP, at all, in any game. I avoid it as much as possible, in all games. I have a hard enough time in Ark PvE.

I want to build and collect without losing stuff, and for the most part, I can achieve this, until Wildcard changes things, again.

To bring SinglePlayer/PrivateServer Ark to my style of gameplay, I turn off dino damage, food/water to 0.0, no fall damage, boosted xp/tame, Structures take zero damage too, and many other settings. They still havent fixed the 0.0 stamina config that they broke when they made Titansaur (raid dino) feed config. Stamina Drain at 0.0 has not been returned to how it was before that config was added. Dino food drain set to 0.0 causes about half the dinos to suddenly disappear with no death message. THAT was a horrible loss I wish NEVER happened, but I see reports on that as old as april 2015, and is still a current bug.

This game is flooded  with broken configs, settings, stats and changes. I do understand this is alpha, but it has been in alpha for years, is this set this way so  they have this "it is alpha" as a fallback excuse for when they change things that tick off a large chunk of players?

I never want to lose anything I put time and effort into doing. Losing stuff traumatizes me and makes me cry sometimes. I quit official servers a while ago because of all the things I keep losing, and how baddies take advantage of abusable things in PvE to cause you to lose your stuff. I've replaced Pego spawns in private and single player with dodos, because I dont like losing things that I spent time to get.

People play this game for different reasons and different ways. From my perspective, the Ark devs dont seem to consider my kind of gamestyle, as it appears to be going in the opposite direction of the kind of game I enjoy. I want to be happy and relax, look at eye candy and build things, and hoard endless amounts of items and dinos, without causing any discomfort to other people. I have been able to achieve this in Ark, with configs and such, but changes like these that negatively affect my kind of game, to make their kind of game more balanced, is beyond frustrating.

It seems like Wildcard wants you to lose your stuff, with PvP as their preferred gamestyle.

55 minutes ago, BulletForce said:

The main goal of this game for players is to dominate other players by killing them

That is your main goal but not my main goal. You probably forgot to put "my" instead of "this" when you typed "this game", or maybe you forgot to indicate that you are referring to PvP specifically, for your statement does not apply to PvE. I play only PvE versions of Ark, and never PvP (not anymore, PvP is where I had my first experiences with Ark, I NEVER want to go back to that ever again). PvP people are usually too hostile for me and raise my blood pressure just being around them, not good for my health.

My main goals are to build, explore, collect items, and tame dinos. The last thing I want to happen is to lose my dinos, builds, and loot. I love to collect loot and I do not want to lose anything. This change is a loss for me, for how I like to play. I haven't paid close attention to the stats on my gear or BP on my private server or single player, but it probably lost stats too.

If I can 1-shot a wild dino, I will enjoy that more than shooting the same dino several times until it is dead. There was this time I had a Mastercraft Metal Scythe, that thing would kill a 120 raptor in three swipes, THAT is fun to me, and no harm to any other player because it's a wild dino. But with this reduction in stats, is killing a raptor like that even possible?

Is there a config people like me can edit for single players and private servers to remove the cap on weapon stats?

P.S. I know I have repetitive statements in here, but it would take me a good hour or two to edit this post to cut them out, and I have to go somewhere in less than an hour, so I dont have that kind of time. This is the way I like to type too, what some call "walls of text" is my typical typing style.

-----

TL;DR for you?

You don't have to read. Have a nice day :)

24 minutes ago, Zephyrbell said:

Anyone else find it kind of funny that the nerfed blueprints still cost the same as the old OP blueprints? If they were going to nerf it, they could have at least made a cap for the material cost as well. Way to think ahead, WC!

It does seem like a ridiculous cost to maintain with the reduced usefulness. I hope they will reduce the cost in a near patch to balance things out a bit more.

7 hours ago, Khatzaenyia said:

ASC is basically MC now devs might as well remove asc tier while theyre busy screwing up the game.

Basically I can make the exact same statement.

Any good mastercraft bp can now have the same stats as an asc one for 50-60% less material...

In addition, the damage nerfed on pre-existing bp should have been compensated by an increase in durability or a reduction of cost in proportion of the lost damage.

No modification of the cost means I now have blueprints with exact same stats but different price oO

I don't really mind the nerf (even tough 250% is low for ascendant blueprints, 300 would have been better imho) but do it smartly and reduce the cost in proportion to damage loss.

7 hours ago, Khatzaenyia said:

dude BS i got an asc auto shotty with 269 dmg or some poop like that and it was nerf'd that i got PERSONALLY recently and was excited asf about you're not about to tell me i fished it up i NEVER FISH bull tF ****.

I did not say you lied. I assumed that some people might. Stop throwing in a Tantrum please.

I highl doubt it was intentional to nerf all BPs people may have gotten from drops.

I just checked my best Ascendant BPs on Scorched Earth. They are the same as they were before.

Archived