Why exactly do you play Official PvE?

LilNastyGurl

From what I've seen, WC has screwed you guys over and over and over again.

* No building near where beacons can drop, eliminating a lot of key building spots in the game because of one wary drop.

* No tamed Kaprosuchus grabbing because griefing

*No tamed Megalosaurus grabbing because griefing

*The Tusoteuthis, one of the hardest dinos to tame for low-end tribes, cannot use its primary grab attack because GRIEFING?

*No tamed Argentavis, Pteranodon, Quetzal, Wyvern or Pelagornis grabbing because griefing

*No building in caves at all, not even bridges, billboards or signs

*Dino limit to stop you from having your tribemates from having their own individual bases and individual egg farms, server-wide limit

*Can't drive off anti-social/obnoxious selfish players off your server without getting banned for griefing. immature memeing twats are there to stay.

All of this with 0% support from GMs to unstuck your dinos or recover lost dinos.

The only advantage I see from this at all, is the servers have people on them, and the servers don't just quit after a couple months due to hosting issues. Am I right?

Official PvE players, why do you put up with Official PvE?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, LilNastyGurl said:

* No building near where beacons can drop, eliminating a lot of key building spots in the game because of one wary drop.

*The Tusoteuthis, one of the hardest dinos to tame for low-end tribes, cannot use its primary grab attack because GRIEFING?

*No tamed Argentavis, Pteranodon, Quetzal, Wyvern or Pelagornis grabbing because griefing

*Dino limit to stop you from having your tribemates from having their own individual bases and individual egg farms, server-wide limit

*Can't drive off anti-social/obnoxious selfish players off your server without getting banned for griefing. immature memeing twats are there to stay.

All of this with 0% support from GMs to unstuck your dinos or recover lost dinos.

The only advantage I see from this at all, is the servers have people on them, and the servers don't just quit after a couple months due to hosting issues. Am I right?

because when i started on day 2 of the bloody game the devs werent actively trying to ruin pve LOL, they helped us and new dinos had all their features active but now its getting harder and harder to still play.

Well, I mostly play Official PvE because my alternative is Official PvP

On Official PvE:

• My stuff has at least a marginally better chance of remaining intact when I turn in for the night.
  • Most bases are at least somewhat aesthetically pleasing and not giant cubes lined with wires and turrets.
  • You're not forced into a meta of picking and dropping. You can ride and enjoy whatever you want.
  • I don't have to worry about admin favoritism. Or the server being taken down (has happened to me before).
  • A lot of Unofficials run... ridiculous rates, like 10x this or that. That ain't me.
  • Don't have to worry about DDOS attacks or Zerg raids where, again, it's a lot of picking and dropping.  

That's not to say that PvE is flawless. Bases get so freakin' massive that everytime you go near one, it feels like your game is gonna crash. Not to mention that using land animals gets obnoxious because of said bases blocking popular traffic areas. I played on a Center server once where a tribe had blocked off the mouth of an entire river. And another had blocked off the land entrance of the South Jungle cave. 

The bases might be aesthetically pleasing, but everywhere else looks like a wasteland because all you see is a field of thatch foundations. And, speaking of, if you manage to down an animal in the wild, there's at least a forty percent chance of you not being able to protect it with spike walls or mark your location with a campfire, because you're too close to someone else's foundations or whatever. 

And, like you said, a lot of animals lose their functionality. Don't mind the bird-grabbing thing, though; makes taming too easy, in my opinion. 

I mostly did it because I unfortunately don't have time to play on a daily basis, and I was getting sick and tired of being destroyed and raided every time I logged back in to the PvP server I was playing in ;-)

Also, like FlyingSheep kinda said, I really enjoy the building and taming part of the game, and that used to work perfectly fine. I just hope that PvE servers will get the same possibilities as the PvP ones over time :)

1 minute ago, Karianne1989 said:

I mostly did it because I unfortunately don't have time to play on a daily basis, and I was getting sick and tired of being destroyed and raided every time I logged back in to the PvP server I was playing in ;-)

Also, like FlyingSheep kinda said, I really enjoy the building and taming part of the game, and that used to work perfectly fine. I just hope that PvE servers will get the same possibilities as the PvP ones over time :)

You can technically PvP on PvE servers, but it has to be consensual. Not a lot of people use it and, even if they did, I'm guessing it'd be much in the same way as PvP servers: Fly, Pick and Drop. There's no reason not use it. 

Just now, OnePotatoChip said:

You can technically PvP on PvE servers, but it has to be consensual. Not a lot of people use it and, even if they did, I'm guessing it'd be much in the same way as PvP servers: Fly, Pick and Drop. There's no reason not use it. 

the people who deserve the ol' pvp bullet in the damn head are giant cowards and wont accept a war LOL they'll just stick to being passive aggresive and kiting 

I'm a solo player and I just don't have the time to play pvp. I love building and raising, that's something that I probably wouldn't do in pvp. They do keep screwing us over though. My dream of getting to end game solo is dying. I'm sick of the trolls building in the volcano. All those immature people in the chat. I'm almost done with ark.

1 minute ago, BFFKimgy said:

the people who deserve the ol' pvp bullet in the damn head are giant cowards and wont accept a war LOL they'll just stick to being passive aggresive and kiting 

Pfft, true. Not gonna risk their stuff getting thoroughly leaned, but they'll keep talking trash. I mean, hell, if stuff dies in a fight, then at least you've got more to do. Replace and regrow for the next fight. 

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, LilNastyGurl said:

I believe that above all else, the main thing that gets people to "put up" with PvE is that ultimately, these people are the ones that don't want to put in the work on making a base, then waking up the next day to find it all demolished by some obnoxious tribe.

Just now, ciabattaroll said:

I believe that above all else, the main thing that gets people to "put up" with PvE is that ultimately, these people are the ones that don't want to put in the work on making a base, then waking up the next day to find it all demolished by some obnoxious tribe.

Sort still happens anyway :P

I play PvE because now my 8yo son plays with me. We don't need human vs human aspect of the game, dinos are enough. We just have fun taming/breeding dinos.. cave runs.. and now the bosses are the next thing we are preparing for.

I play on official, because I rather have no admin than bad admin.

I used to play on official PvP EU 208 server before, 1.5k hours.

Current PvE time about 2.8k hours.

As others have stated I like playing PVE for the creativity, taming/breeding opportunities, but mostly the social aspect. Playing with like-minded people-even if there are a few less-savory members on the server-makes the game even more enjoyable. We help each other out and joke around in global. New people are given aid and (usually) helpful advice. We have a few good-sized tribes who help to keep things civil on the server, and many of the members on my original Center PVE server chose to play on the same SE server, and more recently on an Island server. 

When I first started playing I was on a PVP server. It was very discouraging to log in and find myself constantly dead and all my stuff gone. I felt as if all my hard work went down the drain. As a working mother of two I have other obligations to my family and my career. PVE gives me the chance to enjoy the game and experience many of the different aspects of Ark. Hooking up with a good group of players makes me want to keep playing.

PvP proponents scoff at how PVE doesn't prevent kiting. But what they don't get is that when you are on a good server with good people they look out for each other. Our SE server suffered a series of golem kiting incidents, two of which were on my tribe's base, two days in a row. Fortunately for us we had tribe members who logged in to catch the folks in the act. When we broadcast the attack on Global members that were on came to our aid, They helped us drive off the attackers, helped to document the attack and reported the incidences with video to back it up. They even called in other players from our Center server who logged in to help. I don't see that kind of cooperation happening on PVP servers. 

You folks get what you like out of the game, we get what we want out of the game. 

3 hours ago, BFFKimgy said:

Sort still happens anyway :P

Yes, yes it does. But it's much much harder to do and fairly easy to defend against if you know it's possible. 

I play prim+ PvE and I thoroughly enjoy it. I love that I can ride a Rex. I love that I can fly from one end of the island to the other in the back of a freakin Pteranodon. I love the fact that I don't  have to put a roof on my base. I love  that my base is aesthetically pleasing rather than a cell block. 

I guess I just want to play a game where I can ride dinos rather than one where my dinos can fight the dinos of others. How us prim+ PvE players are going to reach end game is beyond me but I really don't care. I'll probably never get to that point anyway because I like the middle rather than the end. 

I stopped playing on Official PVE netwrok A very long time ago for all the things listed by Nasty Girl.I do private server instead and I love being a private server admin.I have learned more about the game and mods by doing this and building is way much more fun.I love no lag pay to play private server Vs. free to play controled play/enviroment Official server lag.Official PVE servvers has been a crazy situation for a very long time now,it has grown into a Permenant Enviroment/Atmosphere and lost the since of Early Access Testing norms.To the point that over half of those servers are not producing any feed back on game mechanics at all,but instead continue to grow their own toxic/cancerious enviroment.I think WC has figured this out.

It's not that I don't like PvP, I just prefer PvE. I like to login and see that the things I have worked hard for, wasn't offline raided by some big tribe that crossed over, that has a tiff with the other big tribe on the server. What really broke PvE, was being able to cross-ark. That allowed a lot of dinos to be transferred in. Instead of tribes that have worked hard on breeding on their main server, they now have competitors from all servers. Also, those with wyverns are now building massive bases to hold them, as well as to sell them to those that don't play the DLC (again cross-ark). I'm half-way on the fence on wild dino grabs. It does make it too easy to tame. On the other hand, with WC having all these sales and bringing in new players to servers that can't hold them, there's that need for pillaring to protect spawn areas/traffic areas, and so forth. Our server alone has changed so much since the DLC/cross-ark was initiated. That's the whole reason and beginning of WHY we now have the dino caps.

Archived