Why exactly do you play Official PvE?

LilNastyGurl

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Dustination

PvE is bad but PvP is worse. There is nothing fun about spending an extended period of time collecting resources/building a base only to wake up to it all gone and destroyed.

7 minutes ago, BulletForce said:

Playing PVE once is enough to void your recruitment application for my tribe. There is something in PVE players that makes them uniquely useless for PVP servers. Their whole mentality is unsuitable and too soft for war.

There is a difference when going from pvp to pve just cuz you don't have time and im pretty sure the mentality doesn't change when you play from one server type to another and back to 1st! xD

6 minutes ago, Dustination said:

PvE is bad but PvP is worse. There is nothing fun about spending an extended period of time collecting resources/building a base only to wake up to it all gone and destroyed.

Agreed! But I still prefer PVP just because you can do the same thing to others. You just have to be smart!

you ever watch 'the walking dead' ? in pvp alpha tribes are kinda like the saviours u gotta be super nice to them and give them free stuff  whilst they bully and abuse everyone beneath them and when you try to take a stand  they come and bash ur head in whilst u sleep. the kind of people who have no job and play 24/7 are usually not the nicest types -_-

Its easy. I have a real life and cannot spend hours upon hours trying to build a base on a server where other people take pride in destroying it when I'm not online. Also camping just gets me... Camping resources to just kill the guy trying to get his base completed is not my idea of fun. If I want to work I'll go to work and not work in a game.

3 hours ago, BulletForce said:

Why not just play single player then? You can do all that and more plus you don't have lag issues and you can use admin commands to build your mega giant base in 5 minutes. That's time saved on pointless farming. 

Its just too much fun watching the drama unfold every night on an official server. And I like interacting with other people. I find it unfulfilling to go at it solo. No one to trade with....Loneliness...   That would be like playing Skyrim. 

I play PVE Officials because I like to build and a like to breed and like to so see the progress I have made with the time invested. I tried PvP but just find it daft you spend ages trying to build up just to see it destroyed and that for me makes it pointless. I do also find the community a lot  better but like everything that could be just down to servers I have tried. 

I do feel but with the new patch that it's getting harder on PVE now and a think it's about time changes for PVP stopped being implemented in PVE when all it does it hurt it and impact us harder.

5 hours ago, TechieCrow said:

PvE is the only gameplay I've tried so far mostly because I want to learn more before I tackle trolls destroying my stuff.

I think of PvE as more relaxing too.

I started in PvE for your first reason but decided to stay for your second.

If you want an edge of the seat, looking over your shoulder, worrying about your base when you're off line type of gameplay then yeah, go for PvP. I don't. I want to ride dinosaurs and do a bit of fishing once in a while without panicking everytime I hear wings above my head lol.

It's not all sweetness and light on PvE. I know that. Last night I got back to my base to find a nice tame high level Ptera just sat in my dino compound. No owner in sight. I put up a couple of messages asking if anyone had lost it but I guess he didn't see my messages. Later I saw him in chat and realised he was actually a nasty individual. He was bragging about how a newer player than himself had invited him to their tribe. He'd accepted, killed their dinos and left again.

OK, that was a stupid thing for the newer guy to do but killing his dinos and being abusive in chat  to him afterwards is wrong and I'm not going to do him any favours. His Ptera now has a room around it. If that effects the timer and I can eventually claim it then yeah, cool, new dino. I don't think it works that way though so I guess it's just going to starve. Thats about as nasty as I get so I suppose PvP ain't for me.

Not enough time to play PVP and not enough people to play with. And even if I would build some things and tame some things an alpha tribe can come over and wipe everything just because I got a little bit too big.

So I simply play PVE whenever I have some time, try to build a nice base with some friends and get some mutation dinos just for fun :D

52 minutes ago, skeeta said:

If you want an edge of the seat, looking over your shoulder, worrying about your base when you're off line type of gameplay then yeah, go for PvP. I don't. I want to ride dinosaurs and do a bit of fishing once in a while without panicking everytime I hear wings above my head lol.

It's not all sweetness and light on PvE. I know that. Last night I got back to my base to find a nice tame high level Ptera just sat in my dino compound. No owner in sight. I put up a couple of messages asking if anyone had lost it but I guess he didn't see my messages. Later I saw him in chat and realised he was actually a nasty individual. He was bragging about how a newer player than himself had invited him to their tribe. He'd accepted, killed their dinos and left again.

OK, that was a stupid thing for the newer guy to do but killing his dinos and being abusive in chat  to him afterwards is wrong and I'm not going to do him any favours. His Ptera now has a room around it. If that effects the timer and I can eventually claim it then yeah, cool, new dino. I don't think it works that way though so I guess it's just going to starve. Thats about as nasty as I get so I suppose PvP ain't for me.

Do you know that you can get reported because of that? I think its in the general línes or so of the game, check out in the forum for more info

2 minutes ago, ArgRodrigo said:

Do you know that you can get reported because of that? I think its in the general línes or so of the game, check out in the forum for more info

Yeah dude. I do but in a world where giga kiting reports are ignored I thought it worth the risk lol. Besides, what have I done besides build a new building in my own base? 

If he asks for it back I'll return it but until then...

2 hours ago, skeeta said:

This is probably the most drama I've heard come from a PvE server haha.

community, somewhat stable servers, and ive been playing there for over a year now, i think most people that still play pve do it despite it basically being the harder gamemode, where we just dont get some features, and others are just plain useless to us, 

but as it was said official pvp is WAAAY worse, community cancer, its just the wild wild west: no rules, 

also many people hope that someday maaaybe wildcard might give pve some love, and not just the back of the hand like we are used to,

I started on PVE server because i play few weeks ago and i wanted to get to know game before i go to pvp, but longer im on pve and more im reading about pvp mechanics, less i want to play there ... because really ... why would I want to build base for multiple days/weeks, breed dinos and whatever else just to get it destroyed by some "pro pvp tribe" while im offline.

What would i want to play on PVP server?

- Offline raid protection (multiple hour period each day when youcan be raided - this would be set by tribe leader)

- Big rework / limitation of server transfers - limit transfers to small clusters among which you can transfer - they would contain one map of each and would be started at same time, also disallow transfer of dinos that doesnt belong to specific map

- Flyers rework - from what i red thsi might be alredy worked on

at the risk of being trolled and harassed for all eternity...here goes...

PVP is full of kids on power trips from what I've witnessed (sorry for those who aren't and are decent this obviously isn't aimed at your good selves)

built a base up to stone lvl, hidden as per solo law, to log on and find my ptera unconscious, my LOW lvl 10 trike killed, a massive hole in the wall and a guy with his rifle out going through the storage which only had wood and stone in it and a 180 wyvern outside, I asked him if he knocked out the ptera and stole the saddle and killed the trike, he said no he didn't do anything, WHILST standing in my base and proceeded to say its PVP, tough poop. bare in mind I hadn't moved from the spawn spot, he proceeded to club me and then steal the cloth trousers I was wearing, flew me to the ocean and dropped me.

in global he then says, that's what you get for being nosey...

I tried about 15 different locations there after and was met with spiked spawns, auto turrets, roaming kill parties and the same guy AGAIN when I tried to salvage some of the stuff from the wreck that was left. 2 weeks with nothing to show for it.

the responses in global were something akin to speaking to spoilt brats on power trips with no way of solving issues other than the usual abuse you would normally find in COD

then built up a group of 5 players, built another base and was OLR by the same tribe and was told that was where they didn't want anyone building...didn't have to kill everything or wipe our resources

as for the PVE element, better player base especially on SE, war is optional, kiting's, although annoying, are easily solved with 4 gigas outside of walls set to neutral, taming can be interesting as its tame where it drops, bases are big but we still have a lot of space on the map, more creativity, very relaxed, awesome people who you can actually have a laugh with, resource and dino trading, unblocked resources, group efforts for wyvern milk, group efforts on bosses, island and centre resource and dino trading, base is still there when offline, no limits imposed by "alpha" tribes, the list could get longer.

us as a server are also considering 3 factions situated near each obelisk and making it more red v blue v green eventually (not massive tribes, more of an alliance of tribes per group), which in itself is more interesting as you will have three main tribes and we'll be able to declare war if we wanted to. sounds silly but to hear the ideas panning out in global makes it an interesting idea everyone seems interest in

at the end of the day I suppose everyone also has their reasons for one or the other, yeah you could "git gud" but when the odds are stacked and you're not given breathing room it sort of starts to get tedious

if they added another aspect to PVE such as protecting against dino raids once a month I think it would be outstanding but as for now there is no benefit for a new player to play PVP as it puts people off and I will always tell people who are considering on getting the game to consider the time sink, to avoid PVP unless they can get themselves into a Alpha tribe who wont kick them after contributing and to only buy it when there has been some marked changes to the game lag issues and bugs.

Very valid points you bring up in the topic.  My rationale for PVE was it gave me a chance to learn the game and the game mechanics before falling pry to PVP playstyle.  PVE has it's moments, but at this time I don't want to worry about when I need to be on and for how long which would probably happen on a PVP server 

• 2 months later...
On 2/26/2017 at 10:08 PM, LilNastyGurl said:

Why exactly do you play Official PvE?

From what I've seen, WC has screwed you guys over and over and over again.

* No building near where beacons can drop, eliminating a lot of key building spots in the game because of one wary drop.

* No tamed Kaprosuchus grabbing because griefing

*No tamed Megalosaurus grabbing because griefing

*The Tusoteuthis, one of the hardest dinos to tame for low-end tribes, cannot use its primary grab attack because GRIEFING?

*No tamed Argentavis, Pteranodon, Quetzal, Wyvern or Pelagornis grabbing because griefing

*No building in caves at all, not even bridges, billboards or signs

*Dino limit to stop you from having your tribemates from having their own individual bases and individual egg farms, server-wide limit

*Can't drive off anti-social/obnoxious selfish players off your server without getting banned for griefing. immature memeing twats are there to stay.

All of this with 0% support from GMs to unstuck your dinos or recover lost dinos.

The only advantage I see from this at all, is the servers have people on them, and the servers don't just quit after a couple months due to hosting issues. Am I right?

Official PvE players, why do you put up with Official PvE?

Simple, to learn the game with others instead of solo. I can live with the limitations ark put up so i can go on freely and explore the game on pve

When i have completed it on pve or feel very familiar with playing the game ill go switch to pvp and know what other things i couldnt do i can do now. So it will teach me new things about the game and start using these things to play "competitive" because thats what Player versus PLAYER is about. 

I couls read a lot of negative downsides but not really much positives. I have you my own one as newby but for longtime players id say they dont wanna risk losing everything and play the game laidback.

In my honest oppinion, if you see those rules as restrictions, maybe then you are ready to use those techniques and go to play on pvp and get competitive.

I wish you goodluck on the grave dangers on the worlds of pvp, may we someday meet and battle till death.

PvE is chill and usually there's a lot of fun going on between tribes no one fight it's all just a game. And at other times we spent time chatting together over nights when we're breeding. So yeah short answer is PvE is chill and a lot of people to talk with, make a few friends too it's always nice to have a chatting buddy when breeding.

My Official PvE experience has been great. Like many said, I love taming, building and breeding and the idea that everything gets wiped when I'm sleeping or working is just repulsive.

Yes you can't grab untamed dinos and lead them in a taming pen. Some may think it gives a worst experience but I actually think it makes taming harder and increase the level of difficulty on PvE, I like that.

Things I see on PvE that there's no way would happen on PvP:

Players calling out high level wild dinos and their locations.

Same goes for alphas that you're not planning on getting, find a alpha tuso when crate hunting on your itchy? Just call out the location if you don't plan on coming back and taking care of it.

Players exchanging kibble for imprint. Tames for breeding.

Looking for an good weapon? Just ask general, most of the time someone is willing to craft what I need, That's how I got my 250% longneck. Don't forget to tip!

Archived