Update 255 - Anti-Singleplayer Patch

Sheldor5

Will this game ever be soloable? With every patch it gets (in theory) more and more difficult to face some end game content since every thing requires more than one player ... this game is dead for me, it does not make any fun anymore with the way it goes ...

Instead of adding content, fix and release your forever-Early-Access game ...

7 minutes ago, Sheldor5 said:

Will this game ever be soloable? With every patch it gets (in theory) more and more difficult to face some end game content since every thing requires more than one player ... this game is dead for me, it does not make any fun anymore with the way it goes ...

Instead of adding content, fix and release your forever-Early-Access game ...

We get it. You dont like the patch. Im a solo tribe on one of my officials, while we dont have this patch yet, weve been living with 200 limit on xbox since release. Seriously, its not the end of the world no need to be so dramatic

4 minutes ago, Danouk said:

No question it's more difficult in single game with all the changes but not impossible. Being alone it will take longer. The breeding is the way to go so you can stronger Dinos to face the bosses. Like I said longer process but doable.

If breeding wouldn't be broken AF... Babies don't eat on their own at some point, babies disappear, some people can't see info-boxes (timers for fertilized eggs/imprint-interval/egg health/etc.). I have the feeling that Ark is getting worse after every update since 253. :( I'm a little bit bored right now because as a solo player it's near impossible to fight bosses.

Had 2 pink baby rexes phantom disappear today. They made it 9 hours overnight, then they disappeared while I was off for 3 hours waiting for imprints, with one other Rex perfectly fine right next to them lol. Not to mention the troodon baby death glitch or the force feeding one. Breeding has some serious issues atm

55 minutes ago, Jostabeere said:

Well. It's funny that you call me out on never playing singleplayer while I am playing singleplayer right now. Funny.

You still fail to make any credible argument for your crying.

Careful about arguing with Sheldor.

https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/profile/281464-sheldor5/

His posts are evidence that you can't get anywhere with arguing with him. It's bad that I even remember this person solely based on their devotion to making bad posts rather than understanding simple points.

20 minutes ago, LilNastyGurl said:

Savage.

But to the OP, there are various elements of SP gameplay that more than compensate for lack of tribemates, such as massively reduced boss strength (seriously. My friends and I took ten normal-saddle Rexes into HM Megapithecus alongside some auto rifles, and we annihilated it. This was on non-dedi, where boss strength is the same as on SP) and the ability to custom scale various gameplay stats, not to mention that you don't have other tribes antagonizing you and much fewer problems associated with the server hosting since you are the server host. There's nothing in this patch that makes end-game content more unreasonable that it was before, and previous patches have certainly made it more accessible to SP and non-dedi players

19 minutes ago, LilNastyGurl said:

https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/profile/281464-sheldor5/

His posts are evidence that you can't get anywhere with arguing with him. It's bad that I even remember this person solely based on their devotion to making bad posts rather than understanding simple points.

Nice try, but who are you?

Some things which make SP extremly difficult compared to MP:

Farming: you have extremly problems with your carry weight which takes farming much much longer than in MP since you have to farm the exponentially resource cost SOLO in multiple trips because you cant simply do the Quetz-Ankylo trick for farming metal

Taming: you are solo, meaning that everything is much more difficult while taming carnivors e.g. because you have to constantly get fresh prime meat AND have to watch the dino not being killed by other dinos

Boss Fights: while the Bosses are weaker than in MP, you have to control all your dinos alone, with only one single mate boosted dino ...

Need more you troll?

21 minutes ago, Sheldor5 said:

Nice try, but who are you?

Some things which make SP extremly difficult compared to MP:

Farming: you have extremly problems with your carry weight which takes farming much much longer than in MP since you have to farm the exponentially resource cost SOLO in multiple trips because you cant simply do the Quetz-Ankylo trick for farming metal

Taming: you are solo, meaning that everything is much more difficult while taming carnivors e.g. because you have to constantly get fresh prime meat AND have to watch the dino not being killed by other dinos

Boss Fights: while the Bosses are weaker than in MP, you have to control all your dinos alone, with only one single mate boosted dino ...

Need more you troll?

First off, yes you can solo farm with just an anky and a quetz. You may have to cycle between the quetz and anky but a few minutes more =/= a problem, especially on SP where YOU control the drop rates and set them to work with your play style and time constraints.

The only tame I ever had a problem with solo'ing was the Dimetrodon because of its low torp threshold and high torp drop. Every other tame, INCLUDING THE GIGA, as long as you brought your supplies with you, was not insanely difficult. Taming in dangerous territory can be helped, as you can kite dinos away, or use the Pachyrhino+Quetz to kite passive dinos towards you. With how stupid the Pteranodon is, prime gathering isn't that bad, as long as you are aware of time (gathering every 7 minutes).

For the boss fights, with the use of whistling and a spyglass, you shouldn't have a problem with the bosses, the only issue being player error or dinos with bad stats or low levels. Generally the SP bosses are a little too easy considering you could just bring tanky Rexes and watch the bosses struggle to kill them. Sounds like maybe you are bad at killing bosses?

Judging from how you call everyone who disagrees with you a troll, I can safely say that you probably should stay on Singleplayer. Nobody should be forced to deal with your immature behavior.

15 minutes ago, LilNastyGurl said:

Judging from how you call everyone who disagrees with you a troll, I can safely say that you probably should stay on Singleplayer. Nobody should be forced to deal with your immature behavior.

Lol! Sounds legit though. I think OP has to make up his mind - either play solo with sometimes a bit more challenging content (who doesn't love a challenge though?) Or try to find a group to play with. In that case being a bit more social and not just pointing fingers at others might help though :)

15 minutes ago, LilNastyGurl said:

First off, yes you can solo farm with just an anky and a quetz. You may have to cycle between the quetz and anky but a few minutes more =/= a problem, especially on SP where YOU control the drop rates and set them to work with your play style and time constraints.

The only tame I ever had a problem with solo'ing was the Dimetrodon because of its low torp threshold and high torp drop. Every other tame, INCLUDING THE GIGA, as long as you brought your supplies with you, was not insanely difficult. Taming in dangerous territory can be helped, as you can kite dinos away, or use the Pachyrhino+Quetz to kite passive dinos towards you. With how stupid the Pteranodon is, prime gathering isn't that bad, as long as you are aware of time (gathering every 7 minutes).

For the boss fights, with the use of whistling and a spyglass, you shouldn't have a problem with the bosses, the only issue being player error or dinos with bad stats or low levels. Generally the SP bosses are a little too easy considering you could just bring tanky Rexes and watch the bosses struggle to kill them. Sounds like maybe you are bad at killing bosses?

I agree with @LilNastyGurl, I have a thriving single player base with to tusthoses, (sorry for bad spelling) full metal with turrets and starting to collect Tek gear, I don't see how it can be so hard to play on singleplayer (no boosted rates, no cheats), also if a player is having trouble they can just command or boost the rates, I don't see how it's a problem?

If you're honestly having trouble and would like some advice, here's a quick-and-easy summary of the path to ultimate godhood in SP.

1- Level until you get the Bola
2- Tame Ptera. It doesn't need to be anything super strong, just enough to get you some air mobility. If you're concerned about it being attacked, build spike walls and place them in a ring around it. This goes for all tames
3- (Optional). Tame Tapejara. It's an easier tame than an Argy since it can be bola'd, so early game it will get you all the resources you need since it has decent carry weight (don't need a saddle).
4- Tame Argentavis. This will be your first milestone. It can carry all sorts of resources for you, and if you got a Tapejara earlier, that will essentially act as your weight haulage until you get a Quetz. Also, combined with a taming pen, most mid-tier tames are a complete non-issue for SP.
5- Tame Quetzal. This is by far the biggest leap you'll make. My advice is to just grab the first cruddy Quetzal you see using the Argy/Grapple Hook method. Get a saddle for it (doesn't even need to be a platform saddle), pump some points in Speed and Weight, and you're set to tame pretty much anything in the game short of a Titan. I'd use it to first get a *better* Quetzal, so you can improve your haulage. Metal and such become a non-issue then, when combined with an Anky. Also use this opportunity to get a Rex if you don't already have one
6- Get on breeding. It's a lot easier than hunting down and taming high-level dinos, especially with the added benefit of imprinting. This step can be done simultaneously with resource harvesting from your Quetzal. I'd recommend getting to about 10-12 Rexes (you can do more, but I didn't find it to be necessary), which you can do while you're busy with other stuff. It just takes an initial time investment until your baby can survive ~30 minutes without you there to feed it.
7- Craft your gear. Primitive gear will suffice, but if you can get better stuff, then more power to you. In SP, though, Flak gear and a couple of Assault Rifles with a few hundred rounds will be more than enough when combined with Medical Brews.
8- Kill the boss. Don't go for HM bosses yet, because they're difficult even for groups of people. Medium difficulty Megapithecus and Broodmother will provide you sufficient Element for most purposes. It'll get you started on Tek Tier.
9- Repeat 6-8 as necessary. While you're out harvesting during rounds of breeding, you'll get a surplus that can go toward Tek. Also use this time to go loot hunting for better gear so you can take on HM bosses. Again, keep your Rex stock at about 10-12 at least, and as you breed more, kill off the old ones or do whatever you want with them.

Yes, SP may take you longer, primarily on the resource-harvesting front, but it's honestly similar to the time investment that a non-dedicated requires. You probably know a lot of this already, but you know... Just in case, there it is for ya. Trying to be helpful, ya know? Everything else is honestly superfluous (even getting kibble... Prime and Mutton will do more than fine for you for carnivores). With custom server rates, too, you're pretty set.

18 hours ago, PuffyPony said:

If you're honestly having trouble and would like some advice, here's a quick-and-easy summary of the path to ultimate godhood in SP.

1- Level until you get the Bola
2- Tame Ptera. It doesn't need to be anything super strong, just enough to get you some air mobility. If you're concerned about it being attacked, build spike walls and place them in a ring around it. This goes for all tames
3- (Optional). Tame Tapejara. It's an easier tame than an Argy since it can be bola'd, so early game it will get you all the resources you need since it has decent carry weight (don't need a saddle).
4- Tame Argentavis. This will be your first milestone. It can carry all sorts of resources for you, and if you got a Tapejara earlier, that will essentially act as your weight haulage until you get a Quetz. Also, combined with a taming pen, most mid-tier tames are a complete non-issue for SP.
5- Tame Quetzal. This is by far the biggest leap you'll make. My advice is to just grab the first cruddy Quetzal you see using the Argy/Grapple Hook method. Get a saddle for it (doesn't even need to be a platform saddle), pump some points in Speed and Weight, and you're set to tame pretty much anything in the game short of a Titan. I'd use it to first get a *better* Quetzal, so you can improve your haulage. Metal and such become a non-issue then, when combined with an Anky. Also use this opportunity to get a Rex if you don't already have one
6- Get on breeding. It's a lot easier than hunting down and taming high-level dinos, especially with the added benefit of imprinting. This step can be done simultaneously with resource harvesting from your Quetzal. I'd recommend getting to about 10-12 Rexes (you can do more, but I didn't find it to be necessary), which you can do while you're busy with other stuff. It just takes an initial time investment until your baby can survive ~30 minutes without you there to feed it.
7- Craft your gear. Primitive gear will suffice, but if you can get better stuff, then more power to you. In SP, though, Flak gear and a couple of Assault Rifles with a few hundred rounds will be more than enough when combined with Medical Brews.
8- Kill the boss. Don't go for HM bosses yet, because they're difficult even for groups of people. Medium difficulty Megapithecus and Broodmother will provide you sufficient Element for most purposes. It'll get you started on Tek Tier.
9- Repeat 6-8 as necessary. While you're out harvesting during rounds of breeding, you'll get a surplus that can go toward Tek. Also use this time to go loot hunting for better gear so you can take on HM bosses. Again, keep your Rex stock at about 10-12 at least, and as you breed more, kill off the old ones or do whatever you want with them.

Yes, SP may take you longer, primarily on the resource-harvesting front, but it's honestly similar to the time investment that a non-dedicated requires. You probably know a lot of this already, but you know... Just in case, there it is for ya. Trying to be helpful, ya know? Everything else is honestly superfluous (even getting kibble... Prime and Mutton will do more than fine for you for carnivores). With custom server rates, too, you're pretty set.

Yes I know most of this but my main problem is that in SP you have the same resource costs as in MP meaning while on MP you can farm the industrial forge within 5 minutes with your tribe you need several trips to collect all resources because even with a quetz the metal's weight is so big. Otherwise with a high harves multiplier you also have the problems with the weight. I don't even talk about the illogical resource cost for some things. Also, the resource costs for higher tier items/BPs are increasing exponentially, while this is a good blance for MP in SP you have to collect the same amount solo (e.g. ascendant saddle requiring 8000 metal ingots ..). its the real ife time this game "requires" which I dont get ...

5 hours ago, Sheldor5 said:

Yes I know most of this but my main problem is that in SP you have the same resource costs as in MP meaning while on MP you can farm the industrial forge within 5 minutes with your tribe you need several trips to collect all resources because even with a quetz the metal's weight is so big. Otherwise with a high harves multiplier you also have the problems with the weight. I don't even talk about the illogical resource cost for some things. Also, the resource costs for higher tier items/BPs are increasing exponentially, while this is a good blance for MP in SP you have to collect the same amount solo (e.g. ascendant saddle requiring 8000 metal ingots ..). its the real ife time this game "requires" which I dont get ...

That's fair, but there are still ways to counteract that. For instance, get a few high-level Moschops or Procoptodon, level their weight way up there, and throw them on the back of a Quetzal. Only a portion of the weight they carry is added to the Quetz, so you can pretty effectively multiply your carry capacity to accommodate larger resource rates. Even with the higher rates and a tribe, though, I think you'd honestly be surprised by how long things like the Forge take. My tribe took a couple of weeks to get there, honestly, and my SP didn't take that much longer to progress to that point. In any case, I think most people, both MP and SP alike, agree that blueprint costs need a revamp, so I don't think it's really a SP vs MP problem. The game is a grind on Official rates, but you can circumvent this on SP with server settings (heck, you can even boost the Carry Weight of dinos if you really want to, but I've never found it to be necessary)

Just change wild and tamed dinos weight per level multiplier if you're using harvest multipliers and don't complain about stuff because you don't know to get around it. SP has a ton of settings you can change to get the same experience as a big tribe, just without other players.

You cannnnnnn get a weight per level multiplier you know......

Archived