0 Tek tier structures for Scorched?

Cucharon

Is Scorched being marginalized?

Since Scorched came out, all updates are adding content for the island, and some creatures come to scorched. I never complained about that, it was ok, but then they added tek tier, if you wanted to have everything you had to go to the island, but at least you god some content killing the manticore.

And today patch 255 has added a lot of tek tier, and guess what, if you live in scorched you have 0, I repeat, 0 of the new tek tier content. Manticore doesn't gives anything from this new content.

Devs want everyone return to the island? It is a real question. Ok, if you want wyverns or rock golems you need to go to scorched, but you only have to go, tame/breed that and then you can return to the island.

In the island you have barely all the content, not only water creatures but a lot of other creatures, and now you can get the tek tier structures.

I don't know, just thinking about this.

It would probably cook you like metal does. I remember seeing early dev kit art for the walls and things. Loved the look of it. looked really nice. Now, kinda meh...

As for getting the engrams and element, you could transfer your character to the island kill the bosses, and then transfer back to SE and build there. From what I hear you have to kill them with that character. Not with one you made on that server.

41 minutes ago, Jamagh said:

It would probably cook you like metal does. I remember seeing early dev kit art for the walls and things. Loved the look of it. looked really nice. Now, kinda meh...

As for getting the engrams and element, you could transfer your character to the island kill the bosses, and then transfer back to SE and build there. From what I hear you have to kill them with that character. Not with one you made on that server.

I know that, but if they are thinking in add only things for the island I don't know if it is a good idea to stay in scorched.

• 1 month later...

This is actually an EXCELLENT topic, that deserves real merit by Wildcard.

Scorched Earth was released as a "DLC", much like The Center and Primitive+, but at a fiscal cost.  A cost that some might say was more then the base game, ARK Survival Evolved, sold for itself.  With that said and not taking this into account, the Scorched Earth DLC was released with still-mysterious details not quite specified accurately enough for the general population of players.  It's a "DLC", but it's a whole world in which, a player can create a new character, hold separate save data, and in all reality, get confused as if it's another game altogether and not a simple DLC, the gaming community is used to seeing.

Now I'll take another turn and bring up ARK's highly advanced technology, TEK, and its merits in Scorched Earth, and any environment for that matter.  Wildcard has released many items currently, from Teleporters, Energy-based Shielding, Advanced Armor, Advanced Weaponry, and even Advanced Saddles.  With technology holding such huge advancements in science, the likeliness of the inventors having already dealt with thermal transference, would have been ancient wisdom by now, so I'm dumbfounded by the reasons for holding this back.

On top of those strictly personal reasons, it's a DLC correct?  Then why is it not implemented as one?  It was released as a hybrid- base, not an add-on to the base game, with full integration of the character, progress, achievements, etc, like a DLC's technical description implies?

I am not complaining myself, but sticking up for the ones whose demands and questions, merit real answers and attention, for the cost of what was charged for the "DLC".  Frankly, 10-15 years ago, developers would have named it ARK II Scorched Survival, released it as a separate game altogether, and everyone would've been happy.

20 hours ago, powerstuck said:

Scorched Earth was sold as a ''new'' game. 

I don't think devs plan to implement all dinos, all techs and all tools on both versions of the game. Nor do I think they should or must do. 

So, not tek for SE is...a good thing in my opinion.

1- There is some TEK tier, so I don't know what the hell are you talking about

2- It is not a new game, it is the same game, with glitchers raiding you and same Support Team ignoring you.

Same story as The Center... the bossing is broken, not possible to get the engrams (apart from the fabricator and the glowes) plus the one bossfight gives around 10 elements what is enough for nothing. At least if they would alow the transfer of element between the maps... but for some unknown reason, it  is not possible...

In theory "they are working on it" (tm), bit its almost 4 months since the TEK tier was introuduced and still nothing. 

There's nothing that restricts Tek tier from SE.

Even with Element being non-transferable, so long as there's a way to farm it on SE, then you have access to all Tek equipment and structures.

Since day 1, character transfers have been allowed to and from SE and creature/equipment transfers off SE (now unlocked in both directions).  SE is entirely optional and not owning it doesn't really prevent you from owning or building any of the creatures/structures it included.

I assume the OPs issue was that none of the new Tek engrams were added to the Manticore's tables, but Manticore already awards so few engrams it isn't much of a surprise.  The bigger issue in my opinion would be if the Manticore awarded engrams that couldn't be obtained without owning the DLC.  As it stands now, you can't own SE without the base game, so an SE player has access to all of the game content.

Right now, I'm raising my boss rexes on the Island (easier than raising them on SE) and when I'm done I'll make the boss rounds on the Island to obtain the Tek engrams I need, then transfer the rexes back to SE so I can farm Element from the Manticore and build the structures I want.

It would be nice if the Manticore awarded more of the Tek engrams, but there's still going to be a need to go back to the island if you want them all.

SE definitely isn't a different game, it's best described as a DLC biome.  With 2 way transfers enabled, there's little effort to move back and forth.

On a related note, since it came up here, there's absolutely nothing to prevent you from building a metal base on SE.  The insulation issues related to stone and metal structures are easily overcome.

13 minutes ago, eswimm said:

There's nothing that restricts Tek tier from SE.

Even with Element being non-transferable, so long as there's a way to farm it on SE, then you have access to all Tek equipment and structures.

Since day 1, character transfers have been allowed to and from SE and creature/equipment transfers off SE (now unlocked in both directions).  SE is entirely optional and not owning it doesn't really prevent you from owning or building any of the creatures/structures it included.

I assume the OPs issue was that none of the new Tek engrams were added to the Manticore's tables, but Manticore already awards so few engrams it isn't much of a surprise.  The bigger issue in my opinion would be if the Manticore awarded engrams that couldn't be obtained without owning the DLC.  As it stands now, you can't own SE without the base game, so an SE player has access to all of the game content.

Right now, I'm raising my boss rexes on the Island (easier than raising them on SE) and when I'm done I'll make the boss rounds on the Island to obtain the Tek engrams I need, then transfer the rexes back to SE so I can farm Element from the Manticore and build the structures I want.

It would be nice if the Manticore awarded more of the Tek engrams, but there's still going to be a need to go back to the island if you want them all.

SE definitely isn't a different game, it's best described as a DLC biome.  With 2 way transfers enabled, there's little effort to move back and forth.

On a related note, since it came up here, there's absolutely nothing to prevent you from building a metal base on SE.  The insulation issues related to stone and metal structures are easily overcome.

Is this message adressed to powerstuck?

At the same time lots of tek items like the new underwater bases are useless ok scorched. But I think you should be able to get every tek item on every server.

Maybe they can let you teleport to the other arenas. I don't see why you can't fight brood mother when on scorched, it isn't like the old days where the boss literally spawned at the obby. You teleport to her and fight. So put every boss in ever server.

Archived