Alpha Tusoteuthis broken OP

Sheldor5

Alpha Tusoteuthis broken OP

My Mosa LvL 238 with 20k HP, 300% DMG and Journeyman Saddle (136 Armour) got killed by an Alpha Tusoteuthis LvL 36.

The Alpha Tusoteuthis grabs the Mosa so the Mosa in unable to reach/hit it. I tried to attack it while mounted. After realizing this wont work I escaped, regenerated my Mosas HP and tried it again this time I unmounted my Mosa while it was grabbed and attacked the Alpha Tusoteuthis's beak with my Ascendant Crossbow (283% DMG). My mosa got killed after 20 minutes, the Alpha Tusoteuthis wasn't even bleeding ...

wat? how to kill it?

PS: this Mosa killed 2 Alpha Mosas (LvL 115 and 35) at the same time within 5 minutes loosing only 3k HP ...

You could try using a basilosaurus. They have an extreme amount of hp: I tamed a 145 and it ended up at 22500 or so hp after tame with no xp.

It is possible to kill an alpha tuso with a mosa, ive done it myself. I think the issue is that half the time it does not properly grab you, dealing no torpor but likely messing up the hitbox. This also happens with normal squids and doesnt let you tame them.

6 hours ago, Wazzamaniac said:

You could try using a basilosaurus. They have an extreme amount of hp: I tamed a 145 and it ended up at 22500 or so hp after tame with no xp.

It is possible to kill an alpha tuso with a mosa, ive done it myself. I think the issue is that half the time it does not properly grab you, dealing no torpor but likely messing up the hitbox. This also happens with normal squids and doesnt let you tame them.

I am pretty sure a Basilosaurus, if not imprinted and mate boosted won't be able to outdamage and outtank mid to high level Alpha Squid.

I mean, maybe if you get a real good one, maybe. But the key to killing an Alpha is damage, not health, since when it grabs you, it starts heal itself. And if you don't dish out enough damage to counter its damage done to you and the healing it does to itself, it will outtank you.

4 hours ago, Jostabeere said:

I am pretty sure a Basilosaurus, if not imprinted and mate boosted won't be able to outdamage and outtank mid to high level Alpha Squid.

I mean, maybe if you get a real good one, maybe. But the key to killing an Alpha is damage, not health, since when it grabs you, it starts heal itself. And if you don't dish out enough damage to counter its damage done to you and the healing it does to itself, it will outtank you.

Ah, but the key is this: squids can't grab the basilosaurus. Unless it's different for alphas whih I doubt. :D

9 minutes ago, Jostabeere said:

Well. The Alpha still does a lot of damage. And has 30K+ health. A mid-level Alpha Tuso can have 70-80K health.

I will try it out though.

What I don't know, however, is if the alpha tuso can be coaxed into leaving the crush depth for the basilosaurus. If it can, you could fight it closer to the surface where you get an extreme amount of regen (we're talking like 50-100 per one or two seconds of regeneration). You could always just fight, surface for a minute, and swim back down again for more

k some Tuso truths, the tuso unfortunately is still buggy AF, 

from what we have seen on our official server: if the Tuso is too close to the ground or a rock, so that during the grab it pulls the tamed dino under the map or inside a rock it can bug, sometimes it just never lets go, and basically kills your tame instantly since your tame dies when the tuso dies aswell, even tho it might not look like its taking dmg, OR it can flatout despawn your mount: Grab -> Gone,  so when taming or fighting tusos make sure you are always as high up as possible (when taming you should always do that since turtles are poop at swimming up), 

all i know so far, regarding those rules weve killed a few alphas and tamed 2 decent level tuso ourself 

17 minutes ago, Wazzamaniac said:

What I don't know, however, is if the alpha tuso can be coaxed into leaving the crush depth for the basilosaurus. If it can, you could fight it closer to the surface where you get an extreme amount of regen (we're talking like 50-100 per one or two seconds of regeneration). You could always just fight, surface for a minute, and swim back down again for more

Well. I tried to fight an Alpha Tuso with a Basilosaurus. 40K health and 446% damage. Standard saddle.

If you manage to position yourself right, you can avoid a lot of damage. The Tuso still deals heaps of it. The other issue is, as you mentioned, the depth. I tried to, and failed to lure the Tuso to to the ocean surface. So you have to deal with constant damage. I survived an Alpha Tuso lvl 35 with barely any HP. If I had the choice, I'd take the Mosa over Basilo any day and don't see the fat dolphin viable if you play alone. But if you got multiple really high ones, you can kill it. But then, you can get multiple high Mosas and kill it easier.

@memeOverdose What do you exactly mean?

23 minutes ago, Jostabeere said:

Well. I tried to fight an Alpha Tuso with a Basilosaurus. 40K health and 446% damage. Standard saddle.

If you manage to position yourself right, you can avoid a lot of damage. The Tuso still deals heaps of it. The other issue is, as you mentioned, the depth. I tried to, and failed to lure the Tuso to to the ocean surface. So you have to deal with constant damage. I survived an Alpha Tuso lvl 35 with barely any HP. If I had the choice, I'd take the Mosa over Basilo any day and don't see the fat dolphin viable if you play alone. But if you got multiple really high ones, you can kill it. But then, you can get multiple high Mosas and kill it easier.

@memeOverdose What do you exactly mean?

Hmm... that's a shame...

It would also help if higher tier saddles were available for it. I suggedted basilo because unlike the others you can back out and heal whenever you please ;)

Archived