Putting breeding/imprinting into perspective

Ashslayer

1 minute ago, ncola7 said:

Any ideas on a better system? Maybe some type of super kibble? Something that I can spend hours on my own time gathering and crafting before I hatch the egg. then place in inventory to give it imprint bonus every 4 hours. This way it still takes lots of effort to do, just not in the middle of my sleep or work.

There have been dozens, if not hundreds of suggestions on the subject. 

Personally, I'ld like to see a "Passive" Imprinting system (Similar to what we have now) and an "Active" Imprinting system, which would be a new invention, and allow for players to "Imprint" on their Dino's after they've been Bred to full maturity. The "Active" Imprinting system could be a number of things. It could range from an option when your Dino finishes Maturing to allow for "Imprinting" and your dino, instead of earning XP, earns "Affinity" for kills and doesn't earn "Tamed" levels until after it reaches 100% Imprinting, or it could require you take the Dino and complete some challenges (Think like Sidequests. "Kill a 130+ Rex, Spino and Sabertooth") for Imprinting Bonus'.

At the end of the day, unless the developers acknowledge it as a system that needs to be reworked, the discussion is somewhat moot. 

My only suggestion would be an individual imprint timer change. If the average raise time is longer, then the imprint timers a re longer aswell. While a small little Dodo might want to be petted every hour, a Giga baby is big enough to be on its own and only needs care once in, lets say, 10 hours. But then we also change the percentage you get pet imprint to a fix amount shared across all dinos.

In theory something like:

A Dodo has a raise time of 10 hours, and needs care every hour. It'll get 10% per imprint.

While a Giga has a raise time of 100 hours and needs care every 10 hours. And also gets 10% per imprint.

We have bred and raised several dinos with tribe alliances as well as tribe mates.  We had shifts where everyone fed and did meat runs.  Some even shared log in info so others could do their imprint to get at 100% .  Some people did not care if they got 100% they would imprint as they could.  For us it works as we have some members that are on at night can feed while we sleep others feed all day while people work.  For me personally if depends on what I am using the dino for as to how much imprint I loss sleep over. 

53 minutes ago, Jostabeere said:

My only suggestion would be an individual imprint timer change. If the average raise time is longer, then the imprint timers a re longer aswell. While a small little Dodo might want to be petted every hour, a Giga baby is big enough to be on its own and only needs care once in, lets say, 10 hours. But then we also change the percentage you get pet imprint to a fix amount shared across all dinos.

In theory something like:

A Dodo has a raise time of 10 hours, and needs care every hour. It'll get 10% per imprint.

While a Giga has a raise time of 100 hours and needs care every 10 hours. And also gets 10% per imprint.

Something along the lines of "Maximum of 6 imprints every 24 hours, minimum time between imprints of 1 hour" would require the same amount time/resources to get a 100% imprint. But it would allow people that have to be away from the game for more than a 4 hour period to get a 100% imprint.

I agree that this takes way too long and it really makes no sense but that is one of the reasons why i don't even consider playing on official servers or vanilla settings. Implementing 2 types of growth is an interesting idea and it makes sense depending if you want to deal with imprinting or not. The time length could be argued as i think the suggested once a week is too long, the longest to wait i would say is 24hrs. The whole point of playing games is to have fun, not to treat it as a job which some suggest with the commitment you need to make, that is just ridiculous thinking. Even with modded settings you still need to have commitment but nothing as in putting a game first over your life just to get some special perk in a game.

On 2/27/2017 at 3:22 PM, Dazed said:

Something along the lines of "Maximum of 6 imprints every 24 hours, minimum time between imprints of 1 hour" would require the same amount time/resources to get a 100% imprint. But it would allow people that have to be away from the game for more than a 4 hour period to get a 100% imprint.

I like this idea, and also have "higher tier" dinos have a higher imprint decay.
Maybe make the imprint % higher the younger the dino is.

Archived