Update 255 is killing me. No acknowledgement of PVE players

Dam Son

Update 255 is killing me. No acknowledgement of PVE players

This update sucks and that includes previous updates, and it's slowly wearing my patience thin. I need to get this off my chest.

I've spent hours visiting that dumb ass eastern and western cave to collect launchers with the risk of losing tames because of your inane ability to solve your bugs, and with one stroke, it's all now primitve. Your jellyfish sucks now since it behaves like an angler, doing poopty backstab and dismounting you. Exposing you to Mosas massive AOE attacks.

Because of your lame tek tier, we had to revisit the caves because you conveniently deleted the artifacts, which is fine by me. What is not fine by me is that your superbly redesigned cave spells a certain death to tames because they keep getting stuck in crystals and tree roots. Imprinting is unhealthy? It is even more unhealthy when you lose your 100% imprint to one of your proudly redesigned caves. Write to GM they say, nope. They can't do anything. Makes you really wonder what are they for. They can't reimburse items because of bugs, they can't un stuck dinos, they can't reimburse dinos, they can't can't can't can't. Either fix your damn bugs or get more GM's.

You treat PVE players like pariahs. Tell me, what can I do with a squid? What's this purlovia doing buried underground? Why is this Kapro, while it's an annoyance while wild, can't do anything functional after tamed? Megalosaurus? Congrats, despite the difficulties, you've tamed one and manage to bring one back to base. But for what? So I can tame the therezin? What do you mean grab feature? What? What about that thylacoleo? Who cares? Nothing to do with PVE.

dino limit tame for pve, yeah, I am cool with that. Don't mind reducing my footprint for a bit. But what makes me wonder is how do I get a variety of kibble for your dumb imprint system. At this time of writing this rant. The game doesn't even want to tell me how much have I gone over.

So go on with your lame hair feature. I don't even bother cutting them since the scissor breaks so easily. I have enjoyed the game massively but I feel that i am losing that sense of enjoyment lately. The pegomastax don't even make sense, DILO is this creature for.

oh, sure, say it's early access. You know you can't forever hide behind that lame excuse. You are running short on time.

Gotta agree with you on some parts. PvE is really missing out with all of that functionality taken out of the animals you mentioned. And, the thing is, what's the most dangerous thing someone riding a Megalosaurus could drop in my base? A Dire Wolf? Might be an issue if I didn't have some guardian animals on aggressive. Or didn't have Plant X. Or high enough walls to the point where a Mega couldn't even properly drop anything. True, it might be an issue for those in the early start of the game, but using a Megalosaurus to attempt to grief would be so time-consuming that it wouldn't be worth it. And make it so they can't carry anything while on a platform saddle. Fliers I kinda get, but land animals don't have the advantage of flight. 

Also agree with the fact that the kibble and Imprinting system as a whole need a rework, but you shouldn't need anywhere near that 500 mark to get the kibble for imprinting. One male for every two, maybe three, females should have you set. Or maybe set up an alliance with another tribe and split the work between you. They tame some animals for kibble and you tame the ones they don't, trading between yourselves when you're imprinting (or taming).

The best part is that when the Tek Tier date was announced, we decided to invite our close alliance tribes together so we have more direct access to work with each other. Now our 30 man tribe is limited evenly to 16 dinos per player. Why would they not limit dinos to per player not per tribe? I'm forced to now split over half the members of my tribe, and have those players re-build their entire bases because their structures won't leave the tribe because of our settings. No amount of dino culling would even this out, you can't be limited to 16 dinos when you have 4000 hours of play time on the same server.

Bugs are one thing. Yes fix the bugs. Dinos that you are afraid of like jellyfish, or Dinos that don't benefit you to tame aside from kibble is another thing. 

As a largely PvE player I have loved the jellyfish and purlovia. I'm looking forward to the eels and thylacoleo looks like fun as well as another threat. 

PvE is too easy. It's more like having things on God mode. Having new and harder caves, dinos that can dismount and stun you, and super annoying little thieving buggers running around, help keep me in the heightened sense of alertness that I have in the first 20 levels. Not every creature needs to be a useful or unique tame to add to the game experience. 

Tek tier gives me a reason to go after the bosses, explore the ocean, and work towards an end game as a PvE player. As a pvp player, I will likely never see that tier. 

Also hair growth is a great thing for PvE aspects too. Aw muffin, your scissors broke? Doesn't that give you a reason to head out on an adventure for some more materials? In fact, instead of just hopping on your OP flyer to the top of the mountain for obsidian, how about you take a Carno, monkey, or Rex and climb the mountain path for a real sense of survival? PvE is so much more fun when you are at risk of being dismounted by a purlovia and then eaten by wolves; or when your tame dies and you have to make it back on foot or tame a new dino to survive the journey home. 

Your perspective is too 'negative Nancy'. If you want to play with no threats as a PvE player, then play on single player or a modified server. 

1 hour ago, d1nk said:

Which bps exactly? We will be getting this soon im sure, wanna know which bps i shouldstop collecting or be prepared to be nerfed

ALLLLLL bps were nerfed. I thought it was just saddles to 100 and weapons to 250 but EVEN armors are been nerfed. All my ghillie bps were capped to 160 and i'm not sure about the other ones caps. They nerfed fishing to the bear bones and once some people became talented enough to catch big fish they nerf everything

4 minutes ago, Jtmorris said:

Tek tier gives me a reason to go after the bosses, explore the ocean, and work towards an end game as a PvE player. As a pvp player, I will likely never see that tier. 

Nerfing all blueprints is the most awful thing they couldve done to pve. Hard dragon with 250% guns and primitive rpgs? youre kidding me right?

1 minute ago, Jtmorris said:

Bugs are one thing. Yes fix the bugs. Dinos that you are afraid of like jellyfish, or Dinos that don't benefit you to tame aside from kibble is another thing. 

As a largely PvE player I have loved the jellyfish and purlovia. I'm looking forward to the eels and thylacoleo looks like fun as well as another threat. 

PvE is too easy. It's more like having things on God mode. Having new and harder caves, dinos that can dismount and stun you, and super annoying little thieving buggers running around, help keep me in the heightened sense of alertness that I have in the first 20 levels. Not every creature needs to be a useful or unique tame to add to the game experience. 

Also hair growth is a great thing for PvE aspects too. Aw muffin, your scissors broke? Doesn't that give you a reason to head out on an adventure for some more materials? In fact, instead of just hopping on your OP flyer to the top of the mountain for obsidian, how about you take a Carno, monkey, or Rex and climb the mountain path for a real sense of survival? PvE is so much more fun when you are at risk of being dismounted by a purlovia and then eaten by wolves; or when your tame dies and you have to make it back on foot or tame a new dino to survive the journey home. 

Your perspective is too 'negative Nancy'. If you want to play with no threats as a PvE player, then play on single player or a modified server. 

Ground adventures are the way to go, man. It feels even better on Primitive + where I'm not toting assault rifles, bombs and God knows what else. A bow, an axe and my trusty Chalicotherium. And Thylaco, when they hit PS4.  

Archived