after the patch 255...

HiImZech

after the patch 255...

are your servers still at max tamed limits? did it solve anything by having 500 per tribe 4000 per server?

on a side note, the sudden nerf for rpg and saddles are a shock to me. pretty sure most people were shocked too.

now how does a tribe of 2 fight the boss now? bring in other tribes? how do you supposed we split the elements? if we were to recruit real life friends to our tribe, in what kind of society do you think we can find friends who will help us in our quest? I myself have tried to recruit my friends, even paid for the game so that they can try this out. the difficulty, the grinding process and the giant time sink has forced them to quit in a few days.

this is not a game for everybody. if you want to nerf weapons in pve, nerf the bosses as well

I don't expect everyone to split boss loots equally, or even attempt to split it. the greedy will just take it all. afterall, they already have it in their inventory and there's nothing you can do to stop them since it's pve. anything else we do to them will be considered grieving and we'll maybe even get banned by GMs for it.

if the idea was to find friendly tribes, yes there will be friendly tribes. if the idea was to find kind tribes, good luck. if everyone is good over the internet we wouldn't have cyber bullying or griefers or even scammers. there is no society here. the only culture in this game is "weak meat strong eat" - survival of the fittest, even on pve

the strong are the heartless merciless friendless. there are no penalties in this game. whats the worst the gms could do that can't be overridden by getting another account?

ark is a life simulation game, not a survival rpg game. servers are a blank canvas for wannabe trolls griefers and whatever's wrong with society to practice how to become Lucius (game reference. if your name happens to be lucius I'm sorry).

if the idea was to study how will man act when he's in a post-society environment where anarchy reigns, then ark is the perfect game for that study. if not, please fix game genre.

thanks

also please stop with the ninja sudden nerf. please tell us in advance. it will create hate still, but at least there are accountability.

thanks thanks really appreciate that

job was sent a griefer with evil intent who can do anything to him besides taking his life. the griefer killed all his family members, destroyed his houses and wiped his belongings in a single day, then gave him boils and ultimately send him his friends to talk him into thinking he was the bad guy and he deserved all that has happened to him. sounds a lot like an ark pve server.

on another note...

being a developer myself I brace the programs I make to support "monkey business". my test scripts are written, but it is in the hands of literally monkeys gorillas and chimpanzees where I find out where are the areas that will create an issue in the system.

written test scripts are good, but random recorded testings are better. rewind the tapes and watch how they manage to generate a bug in the system. many times I have my mind blown to see certain things happening the way it happens.

some examples of "monkey business testings" are things like...input is waiting for a "G" but you press everything else except "G". even sending in ascii code for "G"

I will understand the problem with testing like that will take a long time. pretty sure most of us (your target audience are 18+ am I right?) are ok with patches that takes 2 months to roll out but it's good.

2 hours ago, Sheldor5 said:

Think of Singleplayer players (like me) having even more problems with such impossible bosses/things without puting your whole life into a computer game (RIP work, RIP university, RIP social life) ...

SP bosses are massively weaker than Official bosses. My friends and I hugely overprepared on our non-dedi (same strength bosses as SP). We annihilated the Megapithecus with ten Rexes, some Assault rifles, and a Turkeydorkasaurus. The Rexes had normal saddles for the most part, and they didn't even take a full 3k damage on Hard mode. My friends and I didn't help a lot either, considering we were mostly running from Gigantos that were sprinting toward us. It's entirely doable

12 hours ago, HiImZech said:

job was sent a griefer with evil intent who can do anything to him besides taking his life. the griefer killed all his family members, destroyed his houses and wiped his belongings in a single day, then gave him boils and ultimately send him his friends to talk him into thinking he was the bad guy and he deserved all that has happened to him. sounds a lot like an ark pve server.

But in the end, Job received two-fold...

This last patch like many before it brought nothing but grief to the community. I'm beginning to think they don't want us old players to stay. Its not that far to imagine u know. Happy old players stay but do not contribute financially to the game. So they make u unhappy, so that you leave and they can full another new group of gullible people into the game, wait for them to become salty and encourage them to leave as well. There's really no way around it. Its clear that this has become a battle for bandwidth, which costs money. They're clearing out the PVE servers for new kids to come in and find out too late that the game is almost impossible to play when they reach the dino cap or some other nonsense.

Big tribes were our way of getting a sense of community with the rest of the server while maintaining our independence from each other...i.e. Community metal farming. It also allowed us to have a life by helping other members out by caring for their dinos and resetting their timers for them. Now they want to break us all up. So that our timers run out and our dinos get deleted. One Week...once u play ark u don't EVER get to go on vacation. Now answer me, how is this fair to us? Its all a money game for them. 

On 2/26/2017 at 7:33 PM, Jtmorris said:

We lost 4 rexes to the hard one, 3 to the easy one, and one to the easy. But we won. They all had regular saddles. 

How many rexes did you bring in on hard? We brought in 20, all with 97 defense Saddles, bred to be pretty strong and tanky. We got shredded. 

Just curious what we could do next time. We took 4 of us into the aren, we didn't use rockets or anything and just stayed on our rexes. Any tips? 

We had just beat medium without losing anything also. I'm wondering if even when you select hard, are there different leveled broodmothers that could spawn in. Or are all hard broodmothers the same?

2 hours ago, NebraskARK said:

How many rexes did you bring in on hard? We brought in 20, all with 97 defense Saddles, bred to be pretty strong and tanky. We got shredded. 

Just curious what we could do next time. We took 4 of us into the aren, we didn't use rockets or anything and just stayed on our rexes. Any tips? 

We had just beat medium without losing anything also. I'm wondering if even when you select hard, are there different leveled broodmothers that could spawn in. Or are all hard broodmothers the same?

I believe the bosses are all the same level now. We has 17 rexes all bred9-10 were tanky, and the others were heavy on melee, like you, we stayed back and let the rexes work. Not sure what would have made a difference to be honest. The four rexes we lost were all tanky - perhaps the high damage ones were in the back? I can check the stats of the living ones when I have time.

I have no clue how we are supposed to fight the dragon tho...

On Wednesday, March 01, 2017 at 10:30 AM, Jtmorris said:

I believe the bosses are all the same level now. We has 17 rexes all bred9-10 were tanky, and the others were heavy on melee, like you, we stayed back and let the rexes work. Not sure what would have made a difference to be honest. The four rexes we lost were all tanky - perhaps the high damage ones were in the back? I can check the stats of the living ones when I have time.

I have no clue how we are supposed to fight the dragon tho...

On official? Because non dedi and sp have ezmode bosses

Edit: was a serious question, heading to med bm tonight

i personaly agree with @TheLordTailfin they are trying to push people to private servers specially in pve. but i also think that the devs have a very dificult task trying to adapt the game for both pvp and pve and often get the impresion that they tend to think in pvp terms when designing the game and later try to smash it into pve

there is a huge problem of balances in the game, and i dont know what would make people more angry in the end. to do it painfully slowly and rather clumsy like now.. or all in one go before the release ( becouse this is still a non finished game)

2 hours ago, d1nk said:

On official? Because non dedi and sp have ezmode bosses

Edit: was a serious question, heading to med bm tonight

Yep. Not sure if this video is on officials but it was a similar fight (except she fell down below right away which kept spiders at a minimum for us up top) 

https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=UMT6h2KezXc

Archived