Nerfed items but same mats. stupidest update ever.

tetsu

Can we all talk about how they nerfed items but kept the same mats to craft them? That's legit the stupidest thing ever. Cause now we have an asc longneck with 250% that costs 5k metal to craft, and an mc longneck with 250% that only costs 2k metal to craft. And all our other weapon, armor, and saddle asc bps are practically the same as mc ones just more mats. What?

How do they even think of doing an update without looking at all sides? I literally wouldve accepted if they nerfed the mats to craft them too.

10 minutes ago, rawsh said:

so the new best Bps are highroll JM ones?.... so stupid, and how are we supposed to beat the bosses now, it was really hard before, now its almost impossible,

Too many people were beating the bosses apparently. A nice little side increase in "Wildcard Difficulty". Can't code good AI? Just give the bosses lots of hp and damage to compensate.

2 minutes ago, HighFlyer15 said:

Too many people were beating the bosses apparently. A nice little side increase in "Wildcard Difficulty". Can't code good AI? Just give the bosses lots of hp and damage to compensate.

tbh, im pretty sure at least the Rocketlauncher nerf was a pure pvp nerf, otherwise it would have been easier to just give the bosses resistance vs explosions, right?

Well it's about time they did something right. I have been gone a couple weeks but it's good to come back to some good news. Everything was too OP in the first place. Plus bosses shouldn't be farmable. It should take people time to build up for each fight. Like one a week. 

I can finally say the words.... "good job wildcard" and there is no sarcasm in that

14 minutes ago, Volcano637 said:

Well it's about time they did something right. I have been gone a couple weeks but it's good to come back to some good news. Everything was too OP in the first place. Plus bosses shouldn't be farmable. It should take people time to build up for each fight. Like one a week. 

I can finally say the words.... "good job wildcard" and there is no sarcasm in that

This makes the hardest bosses even tougher. They are already incredibly hard, we didn't need this, in PVP I sorta get it but couldn't they have only capped the damage for tames and players? It was absolutely fine vs wilds considering they already have a damage reduction vs guns.

5 minutes ago, Wazzamaniac said:

This makes the hardest bosses even tougher. They are already incredibly hard, we didn't need this, in PVP I sorta get it but couldn't they have only capped the damage for tames and players? It was absolutely fine vs wilds considering they already have a damage reduction vs guns.

I get what you are saying and yes my words were harsh. Just to let you in on who I am a little. I am a hardcore alpha hater. Even though this doesn't necessarily hurt alphas that much, it does take away a little or take more time so to speak. 

Now what I think you are talked by about is how it will affect betas. In that aspect I do feel for any beta tribe on this matter. And it does suck that it will now he even harder for them. I really do feel for them.

unfortunately, all I see is something that is an inconvenience for alphas so all I see is a good thing.

9 minutes ago, [EG] Comdriver W31 said:

then how are you going to keep your tek stuff running?

This quetzal guy said it perfectly. If the bosses are farmable then it will still be difficult for betas to constantly keep it running. But with them being farmable then soon alphas would have vaults filled with element which would be ridiculous.

it does make things harder for the little guy but the alphas don't deserve to easy keep everything running all the time. They need to be forced to grind bosses so much that they have no time left for raiding or wiping because they are busy grinding for the next boss and if they don't their armor or shield or underwater base will not work, allowing for the alphas that are willing to devote all their time to the bosses to wipe the other alphas. I am completely fine with how that is going to go. It will get the alphas off our backs for atleast 40% of the time and that's all I care about.

i have no intention of using tek armor. I might at some point build an underwater base, but other than that I have no use for any of the tek stuff.

10 minutes ago, Quetzal said:

I don't think they want it to be that way, that's the point. You get it and use it sparingly - it's not meant to be 'just another material' like wood, metal etc.

Reputation do you man. Hit the nail right on the head. And it should not only be difficult to get but very hard to get. Everything that uses element should also be expensive to power. 

I cant wait till these tribes fall apart because you know the leader is going to have the first set of tek armor and will have the first bunch of element to power it while all the others are waiting to even try it. Jealousy will occur and maybe even mutiny. I think this tek stuff will ruin some tribes lol

8 hours ago, Volcano637 said:

The issue is that Wildcard said they did it because of fishing, and yet nerfed everything.  So either it's a mistake which they can revert or it's deliberate and they lied and decided to use the red herring of fishing as an excuse.  

If Wildcard did it because of balance reason, then why didn't they just come out and say so.  Sure some people might not like it, but most would understand why, maybe grumble a little and get over it.  What does fishing have to do with it, why did they even mention it?

Incompetence or lies and deception, neither is a good look for Wildcard.

6 minutes ago, Kallor said:

The issue is that Wildcard said they did it because of fishing, and yet nerfed everything.  So either it's a mistake which they can revert or it's deliberate and they lied and decided to use the red herring of fishing as an excuse.  

If Wildcard did it because of balance reason, then why didn't they just come out and say so.  Sure some people might not like it, but most would understand why, maybe grumble a little and get over it.  What does fishing have to do with it, why did they even mention it?

Incompetence or lies and deception, neither is a good look for Wildcard.

If you have an ascendant fishing pole and get higher than a 2.0 you can get some pretty ridiculously OP bps. So I can see where they are coming from on that.

part of me is thinking they might have used that as a cover up to fix/nerf OP bps earned from drops as well.

surely you can agree that some of these bps people have are just too much. That is actually what I think was wildcards mistake and I think they realized it as well. Those bps just give way too much power

First i have to say i don't relay get involved in the forums but this change has such a huge impact on the game i had to comet. 

i guess the question is what is the end game goal now. teck teir is nice but not unique. every alpha now has 250% max guns. there also no reason to raid anyone in the hope of acquiring unique items. now when you raid what are you going to get element that you cant move off sever, metal , paste bullets. nothing interesting. 

i think this was short sited i get that the fishing prints where broken (as some one with a large collection) but i think these should have been addressed by reworking the material cost calculation, thus negating the modifier proved by the ASC fishing rods. I fell this would have allow for player to still make these "legendary" items but at ridicules cost. also As other people have already pointed out this nerf reduces the power of smaller tribes to defend themselves from sever maxing alphas or there ability to be unique.  

For the new players that probably have not seen these prints here are some number before you comment. before you could make a 600% damage long neck for about 5000 metal i think the true cost should be more around 12k-15k metal with i think is fair a you can now build about 30 - 250% for the same amount of metal.

this means that you have to send 3,000% more mats for a 240% better gun. I personal feel this is a fair trade.   

almost all other games have "legendary" items as end game content. i believe that these items should not be unobtainable so should be included in new caves drops. As this creates a reason to repeat raid incenses.i feel the best precedent for this is EVE. where they have these "legendary items" but there cost limits there uses. 

i also believe that this change completely negates an number of recent balance patches including the recent Quetzal saddle  Nerf and they will need to be review again to correct the recently addressed problem. 

Archived