How To Make Yourself Look Totally Incompetent 101

Gumballz

How To Make Yourself Look Totally Incompetent 101

1 : Set a Specific Time to Launch a patch

2 : Miss your own deadline

3 : Put the patch back a couple of hours

4: rinse and repeat step 2 - 3 several times

5: fail to realise through rushing and tiredness your going to make even more mistakes

6: launch a hot fix right after the patch release

7; Release another hot fix

8 repeat step 7 several times 

56 minutes ago, Casanova said:

We don't do that.

Upcoming Version: v256, ETA: Feb 26 6 pm ET

Upcoming Version: v256, ETA: Feb 26 11 pm ET

Upcoming Version: v256, ETA: Feb 27 1 am ET.

Upcoming Version: v256, ETA: Feb 27 3 am ET

Upcoming Version: v256, ETA: Feb 27 3:30 am ET

Upcoming Version: v256, ETA: Feb 27 4 am ET

Upcoming Version: v256, ETA: Feb 27 4:30 am ET

Would like more examples of indicating a specific time to launch a patch ?

• Volunteer Moderator
11 minutes ago, Gumballz said:

Upcoming Version: v256, ETA: Feb 26 6 pm ET

Upcoming Version: v256, ETA: Feb 26 11 pm ET

Upcoming Version: v256, ETA: Feb 27 1 am ET.

Upcoming Version: v256, ETA: Feb 27 3 am ET

Upcoming Version: v256, ETA: Feb 27 3:30 am ET

Upcoming Version: v256, ETA: Feb 27 4 am ET

Upcoming Version: v256, ETA: Feb 27 4:30 am ET

Would like more examples of indicating a specific time to launch a patch ?

The fact that it's an ETA (where the E stands for Estimated) clearly points out it's not a specific deadline but rather a time they hope to complete a goal.

I mean, they could just make these large, awesome changes over the course of 6 months - 1 year and have us wait forever so that we bore ourselves in the basic content that the game was released with (alpha stage, not even full release), lose player-interest, and make the select few that are impatient/angry due to normal game-creation-related bugs/glitches/etc.

I'm just saying man.. It's not like making ramen. This game has some true potential and the last thing Wild Card needs is a small riot of people making something small sound so terrible. Enjoy the game for what it is, report what's wrong, be patient for the fix to come out, and understand that the players and creators need to have a balanced relationship. Can't just whine, whine, whine.

There are a lot of things that make my eyes roll into the back of my head (like drops that cannot be touched on Xbox Live Official Servers still), but I am being patient. I go to other drops and busy myself with more important stuff.

9 hours ago, Outbrave said:

I mean, they could just make these large, awesome changes over the course of 6 months - 1 year and have us wait forever so that we bore ourselves in the basic content that the game was released with (alpha stage, not even full release), lose player-interest, and make the select few that are impatient/angry due to normal game-creation-related bugs/glitches/etc.

I think your completely missing the point ....

Imagine Wildcard are a removal firm employed to pack up all your belonging and move them to your new home and unpack them.

As it stand.. Wildcard are runing around frantically, grabbing all your belongings, throwing them into a box... quickly hauling them to your new home.

They then move all the boxes up into your attic,

Once al the boxes are in your attic, the have to try and figure out which box goes in which room.. as they didn't bother to label anything.

Eventually they will get them there, only to find half you belongings are broke. So they put the stuff away that's fixed, and then get the insurance to replace any broken items.

Now compare that to a professional removal firm, who will take care to pack your belongings properly, and label everything so they know where it goes.

Once the items are at your new home, they take the labelled boxes directly to the room they belong in, carefully unpack your items and put them away.

Hassle free with no breakages.

Now, while the Wildcard approach looks like a hive of activity and they are really working hard for their money..... It's obvious that this unprofessional, lackadaisical approach only results in more work in the long run and a nightmare of a headache trying to correct what was done wrong in the first place..... but hey .. they got the boxes in the house quick... guessing you'll be patient while the insurance company coughs up.

3 hours ago, Casanova said:

@gumballz What if the so called "unprofessional" moving company were doing everything for a reason and because you are not on the moving team you had no idea of their internal process leading up to completion of the move? ;) 

@Gumballz Is just full of salt because, he feels that the game should just have had a full released now and without delay! Without a doubt their is set backs and obstacles in Wild Cards development of Ark But, even the "professional moving teams" know as AAA developers like EA or UBI Soft have struggles with game development. Its just to be expected! However with the early access you have given a community of gamer's the chance to not only see the game develop but, Also give input into how the game is made and how the game is balanced. This is a rare opportunity and the Dev team at Wild Card has been extremely vocal about updates, patch notes, and upcoming events. Many game Devs have been silent and will leave hype to simmer over and over to just turn to anger while. Your Dev team even responds to post like this. You risk being thrown under the bus and being crucified for any post you put on here and instead of just remaining silent or giving a cookie cutter reply. Wild Card Devs actually do engage in more free ranged and expressed messages. It feels more like your talking to a person and not a corporation and that is one thing that makes you truly feel unique. So regardless of people like @Gumballz, Their is a massive Community of others who are excited to go through the ups and downs of the games development and help shape and nurture the game until full release. I'm excited to see what the Dev team at Wild Card hold in the future for ark but, In the mean time keep up the awesome work.                                                                                                                :Jerblove:

57 minutes ago, MrFacerape said:

Got to say, waiting for the patch and it's 20 mins after announced time ingame it gets a bit boring.

You make it sound like your waiting for a appetizer at Chilies to arrive. Several people in this post have mentioned the announced release times are ETA's ( Estimated Time of Arrival ). They are giving you updates as to when they think it is likely for updates/patches to be released  and they post several revisions to this on occasions that the update is taking longer then expected. While this is frustrating for some. You are not left with nothing to do as the updates don't rebuild the entire game over but, add features to what we are currently playing. If you are unhappy with the current game then please give constructive criticism to what makes you unhappy or game functions you feel need to be re-balanced/overhauled. If you did this instead of yelling "WADER! WADER! WHEN WILL MY POTATO WEDGES GET HERE IT"S BEEN 20 MINUTES!:Jerbmad: " you possibly will see results in things you want changed. However blasting WHERE ARE YOU! :Jerbcry: all over the forums like a crazy girlfriend will get you no where.

On 11/03/2017 at 0:34 AM, PrimalBroom744 said:

You make it sound like your waiting for a appetizer at Chilies to arrive. Several people in this post have mentioned the announced release times are ETA's ( Estimated Time of Arrival ). They are giving you updates as to when they think it is likely for updates/patches to be released  and they post several revisions to this on occasions that the update is taking longer then expected. While this is frustrating for some. You are not left with nothing to do as the updates don't rebuild the entire game over but, add features to what we are currently playing. If you are unhappy with the current game then please give constructive criticism to what makes you unhappy or game functions you feel need to be re-balanced/overhauled. If you did this instead of yelling "WADER! WADER! WHEN WILL MY POTATO WEDGES GET HERE IT"S BEEN 20 MINUTES!:Jerbmad: " you possibly will see results in things you want changed. However blasting WHERE ARE YOU! :Jerbcry: all over the forums like a crazy girlfriend will get you no where.

It's more like going for an M.O.T or service on your car, being told you need to take it in at a set time. (If I get a message ingame saying servers are going down in 30 for maintenance) myself and several others rush for our bases. Bolt down the gates and prepare to sit it out to avoid bugs/issues.

If 2 hours later I'm deciding it's not happening I've not only wasted 2 hours of my free time I've still got the possibility of issues when I go fly my quetz out the gate and server resets unexpectedly.

Wouldn't be an issue if it was once every couple of months but we get small hotfixes once a week on average.

On 3/10/2017 at 1:22 PM, Casanova said:

@gumballz What if the so called "unprofessional" moving company were doing everything for a reason and because you are not on the moving team you had no idea of their internal process leading up to completion of the move? ;) 

I gotta admit, you guys screw us every other patch xD. Although we lose stuff you do eventually fix issues. I except this is early access so theres going to be a lot of problems. Have to accept that some people will finally get annoyed tho.

I know some will argue that this is still a paid to play game so we should expect a masterpiece but seriously. Yes this game has some awful mechanics at times. The crashes the glitches and so on and so forth but this is still a preview.
We, you are all the game testers specifically. It WON'T be perfect and it probably won't be for a while longer.
This game is massive. The maintenance it needs will be quite substantial obviously.
I can understand the aggression mind as I have lost many tames due to forced main-screening. glitched spots on the maps that trap your tames. Even the random disappearance of dino's have happened to me recently and the addition of Tech gear which . I know it's frustrating but I look at it as they are still working on the game they are attempting to resolve issues instead of just throwing up a white flag and saying raptor it we give up.

This is still an amazing game and I do love playing it.
How many games specifically using Dinosaurs in this pretext on next gen consoles do we have really?

On 10/03/2017 at 6:22 PM, Casanova said:

That's an entirely valid point.

I'd be fascinated to understand the logic behind your naming conventions of files.  Normally *professionals* follow a set format so that any Dev (whether they are working on that particular item/section or not)  could quite easily look within a directory tree and be able to tell (with a slight margin of error) exactly what a files is for or connected to.

You can have a lollipop for each of these actual file names you get even partially right......

CeilingHole

TranqDart

DinoTamedInventoryComponent_SpineyBeaver

Forge

Forge (not a typo ... 2 completely different files )

SM_Floor

T_Floor_N

A small sample, but should be fun guessing what they are. :)

I can imagine these sort of thing's cause confusion and a lot of frustration for your Dev's, but as you say, there's probably a very valid reason for wanting that.

Archived